ImageImageImage

Post Harden Lineup Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post Harden Lineup Thread 

Post#1 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:41 pm

I would start Green for the size, defense and shooting instead of Maxey. Tyrese is 6th man.

PG Harden | Maxey | Joe
SG Green | Milton | Springer
SF Thybulle | Kork | Reed
PF Harris | Niang | Millsap
CE Embiid | ??? | Bassey

Open roster spot to get a backup Center, perhaps on the buyout market.

Also could use another 3&D big wing.

What next? Time's yours...
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Re: Post Harden Lineup Thread 

Post#2 » by zaz102 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:42 pm

I assumed Maxey would still be in the starting lineup albeit split time so two of Harden, Maxey, Embiid on the court.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#3 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:42 pm

Arsenal wrote:I would start Green for the size, defense and shooting instead of Maxey. Tyrese is 6th man.

PG Harden | Maxey | Joe
CE Embiid | ??? | Bassey

Danny Green is a corpse of his former self. I hope Morey can manage to trade him as an expiring in the next hr or so to bet someone useful
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#4 » by FlyingArrow » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:46 pm

zaz102 wrote:I assumed Maxey would still be in the starting lineup albeit split time so two of Harden, Maxey, Embiid on the court.

Agreed. Now that we have a 6-5 point guard, Maxey can play right next to him.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#5 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:46 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I would start Green for the size, defense and shooting instead of Maxey. Tyrese is 6th man.

PG Harden | Maxey | Joe
CE Embiid | ??? | Bassey

Danny Green is a corpse of his former self. I hope Morey can manage to trade him as an expiring in the next hr or so to bet someone useful

We need his volume shooting and size as he's our best 3&D wing. Unless we get a guy like Covington in return.
FlyingArrow
Starter

Post#6 » by FlyingArrow » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:50 pm

With Maxey in there, our starting lineup is amazing:

Harden / Maxey / Thybulle / Harris / Embiid

Two of the top 10 in the game, each of which can be top 5 at any given moment... and 1 of which has a case for MVP and current #1 in the game.

Best perimeter defender in the game. One of the best interior defenders.

And in Maxey and Harris we had two guys who both weren't suited to being the #2 scorer on a championship team. But now you can call one of them the #4 scorer. And when Maxey or Tobias is your #4 option... that's a team that is a threat.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#7 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:53 pm

Maybe this time doc will not play all bench unit anymore?
FlyingArrow
Starter

Post#8 » by FlyingArrow » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:55 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:Maybe this time doc will not play all bench unit anymore?

Oh geez. The distance between our starting lineup and bench is pretty big right now. No reason not to have at least 2 starters on the court at a time.
Primetiime
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#9 » by Primetiime » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:56 pm

PG Harden // Milton
SG Maxey // Joe
SF Thybulle // Green // Kork
PF Harris // Niang
CE Embiid // Trade or Buyout

Would like to see us try and get another useful shooter and a decent Backup C. Use some of the young prospects as chips.

Kork, Reed, Bassey and Springer. Any of them can go in the right deal. Would not be shocked if we moved Danny either since we may need his salary to match in a trade.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#10 » by sixers4real » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:13 pm

PG Harden | Maxey | Joe
CE Embiid | ??? | Bassey

I agree with Arsenal, we need defense and Maxey is a 3rd guard now, whether you like or not.

PG Harden | Maxey | Milton
SG Green | Joe | Springer
SF Thybulle | Kork
PF Harris | Niang| Milsap
C Embiid| Bassey| Reed
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#11 » by zaz102 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:15 pm

sixers4real wrote:

PG Harden | Maxey | Joe
CE Embiid | ??? | Bassey

I agree with Arsenal, we need defense and Maxey is a 3rd guard now, whether you like or not.

PG Harden | Maxey | Milton
SG Green | Joe | Springer
SF Thybulle | Kork
PF Harris | Niang| Milsap
C Embiid| Bassey| Reed
Isn't Harden a better defender than Curry? Shouldn't that be an automatic upgrade?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#12 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:15 pm

I can't see Maxey coming out of the starting lineup. His minutes with the starters might take a cut so that he can play with the second unit, but I doubt he moves back to the bench. If we don't acquire a backup center for Embiid, I actually look for Millsap to take that role as crazy as that may sound. We lack rebounding, and Millsap can at least still do that. Gonna miss Drummond when it's all said and done. Morey better be working the phones to find a backup. There's a few out there that we can get I'm sure. What's Samuel Dalembert doing these days?
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#13 » by Skates » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:27 pm

I prefer to have one of Maxey or Harden on the floor at all time when both are playing. I don't care who starts, but their minutes should be staggered, with Miton as the third ball handler.

The bench group needs Maxey with it, and his numbers can actually go up without the need to defer so much. At this point of his career he is the perfect third guard and would still get 30+ minutes in any scenario.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,410

Post#14 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:31 pm

Maxey needs to start as a player who can guard quicker players. Harden and Green as a starting backcourt means any competent PG probably goes for 30 every night lol. Plus Green can’t be expected to play big minutes at this point.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#15 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:44 pm

Skates wrote:I prefer to have one of Maxey or Harden on the floor at all time when both are playing. I don't care who starts, but their minutes should be staggered, with Miton as the third ball handler.

The bench group needs Maxey with it, and his numbers can actually go up without the need to defer so much. At this point of his career he is the perfect third guard and would still get 30+ minutes in any scenario.

I agree, keep him as a starter...Don't take that from him, but maybe only play him half the first quarter and then put him in there at the start of the second when both Harden and Embiid sit. Either way, Doc will have flexibility with the second unit now that we have Harden here. Lets hope he doesn't screw it up. I love Doc as a coach, I've backed him through and through, but holy crap! The way he handles the reserves can be maddening at times. I'm intrigued to see what Shake can do next to Harden and even Danny Green to a lesser extent. Isaiah Joe is another one who is going to benefit from Harden being on this team. Open looks for all these guys. Korkmaz too.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#16 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:50 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Maxey needs to start as a player who can guard quicker players. Harden and Green as a starting backcourt means any competent PG probably goes for 30 every night lol. Plus Green can’t be expected to play big minutes at this point.

Thybulle can do that, plus with Green in the lineup they can run a switch everything scheme which Harden is used to.

We'll see, but I think it diminishes Maxey's strengths to have him as the 4th option in an off-ball 3&D role in the starting lineup.

Embiid + Harden + Harris will eat up massive usage.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#17 » by Ben » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:57 pm

What's the word on Centers who are likely to be bought out?
Thad Young is the biggest guy whose name I've seen mentioned, and I love Thad but he doesn't represent an Embiid backup.
Tristan Thompson? Robin Lopez? (The Warriors would probably compete for Lopez and while Philly should be an attractive destination, the Bay might well be even more attractive.)
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,800

Post#18 » by Negrodamus » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:04 pm

We got rid of the two biggest handcuffs to our starting lineup (Ben and Seth) for a guy who can play anywhere in the backcourt. We have an insane amount of flexibility now.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#19 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:08 pm

Now I want Dennis Schroder in the buyout market.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,410

Post#20 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:10 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Jailblazers7 wrote:Maxey needs to start as a player who can guard quicker players. Harden and Green as a starting backcourt means any competent PG probably goes for 30 every night lol. Plus Green can’t be expected to play big minutes at this point.

Thybulle can do that, plus with Green in the lineup they can run a switch everything scheme which Harden is used to.

We'll see, but I think it diminishes Maxey's strengths to have him as the 4th option in an off-ball 3&D role in the starting lineup.

Embiid + Harden + Harris will eat up massive usage.

I just think Danny shouldn’t be counted on playing more than 20 mins per game at this stage. A Maxey/Harden/Thybulle/Harris/Embiid lineup is our best combo of athleticism, shooting, playmaking, and defensive versatility imo.

We’ll see tho it’ll take some time for the various lineups to gel and see where chemistry exists. I think Maxey’s value as a guy who can make shots, break down a defense, and play efficiently is too valuable to keep off the court. He’s at least a fighter on D too despite his size limitations.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers