G57: Cus Crise @ Sixers 2/15/22 7:30pm ET TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,144

Re: G57: Cus Crise @ Sixers 2/15/22 7:30pm ET TNT 

Post#301 » by Arsenal » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:45 pm

Obviously last night was a fluke.

That said, the current Celtics are a bad matchup. I want no part of them, Harden or not.

Hopefully another team dispatches them for us.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#302 » by Stanford » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:59 pm

FireMorey wrote:Haven't the Sixers owned the Celtics this year outside of this game? I wouldn't see it as cause for concern, really.

That's sports. Only the most recent thing matters.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,586

Post#303 » by ajones9219 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:15 pm

phillynative wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
phillynative wrote:I would hate for celtics fans to think their high horse is sustainable.

The only notable team the celtics have beaten since Christmas were the Sun's and Hawks every other team was average or had big pieces missing (als Nets , Bulls , Sixers....)

Once teams adjust to their new style of play they will come back to earth and that's Facts.

Who's better in the East? The Sixers? Maybe. Brooklyn? TBD because of Kyrie and Simmons. Milwaukee? I don't think so. Atlanta? No. The Cavs? No. The Bulls? It depends in part of LaVine. But I see the Bulls as a pretender. The Sixers? We should be better, but we still have the Tobias problem. Unless he picks up his game (hopefully Harden will help) we have a big hole at 4.

I'm saying the presumed "good" teams that are higher in the standings had big pieces missing when the celtics beat them.

Im not really sure why&what question your asking me seeing as I responding to the snot trolls...

The Celtics have the best record in the East against teams over .500. I'm not trolling but downplaying the Celtics play is just being ignorant at this point.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,915

Post#304 » by mjkvol » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:37 pm

stormi wrote:Reminds me of that game on Christmas day a few years ago where we beat the Bucks by like 40 because we just couldn't miss.

Didn't watch, but from the highlights it seemed like an anomalous shooting expedition, but I am concerned with our perimeter defending and our length and athleticism in general.

Morey's only like halfway done his job, getting Harden was huge, now this entire roster has to be revamped to compliment their playstyles.

Cannot be overstated, and it's something Sixers fans who are thinking championship this year need to understand. Most of us agree that this was a play-in level team at best without Embiid and an early exit team with him. Harden doesn't instantly transform this group into a championship contender, there are still too many holes and question marks.

I see this year as a dry run for the next 2-3 years after Morey completes the job between this summer and next year's deadline. What we'll see now is who are keepers and who needs to go for this group to take the big step. We kind of know some of those answers already, but to me that is the primary value of having Harden now instead of this summer.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#305 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 pm

Stanford wrote:
FireMorey wrote:Haven't the Sixers owned the Celtics this year outside of this game? I wouldn't see it as cause for concern, really.

That's sports. Only the most recent thing matters.

I would think being spanked in playoffs 4-1 and 4-0 in 2018 and 2020 would be enough to shut down any comments about "owning" the Celtics, but apparently not.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#306 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:53 am

ajones9219 wrote:
phillynative wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
Who's better in the East? The Sixers? Maybe. Brooklyn? TBD because of Kyrie and Simmons. Milwaukee? I don't think so. Atlanta? No. The Cavs? No. The Bulls? It depends in part of LaVine. But I see the Bulls as a pretender. The Sixers? We should be better, but we still have the Tobias problem. Unless he picks up his game (hopefully Harden will help) we have a big hole at 4.

I'm saying the presumed "good" teams that are higher in the standings had big pieces missing when the celtics beat them.

Im not really sure why&what question your asking me seeing as I responding to the snot trolls...

The Celtics have the best record in the East against teams over .500. I'm not trolling but downplaying the Celtics play is just being ignorant at this point.

Again, my stance on the celtics run remain.The presumed "good" teams that are higher in the standings had big pieces missing when the celtics beat them.
Im not saying they are not a good team their defense will be elite if they continue to buy in.
Celtics just lost against the worst team guess what the pistons have size and length on the wings guess what the celtics didnt do hit more 3s than the opposing team overall field goals. Anything can happen in the regular season.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#307 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:58 am

mjkvol wrote:
stormi wrote:Reminds me of that game on Christmas day a few years ago where we beat the Bucks by like 40 because we just couldn't miss.

Didn't watch, but from the highlights it seemed like an anomalous shooting expedition, but I am concerned with our perimeter defending and our length and athleticism in general.

Morey's only like halfway done his job, getting Harden was huge, now this entire roster has to be revamped to compliment their playstyles.

Cannot be overstated, and it's something Sixers fans who are thinking championship this year need to understand. Most of us agree that this was a play-in level team at best without Embiid and an early exit team with him. Harden doesn't instantly transform this group into a championship contender, there are still too many holes and question marks.

I see this year as a dry run for the next 2-3 years after Morey completes the job between this summer and next year's deadline. What we'll see now is who are keepers and who needs to go for this group to take the big step. We kind of know some of those answers already, but to me that is the primary value of having Harden now instead of this summer.

Great point. This team will continue to be molded around our big two Embiid and Harden. Morey has his work cut out.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#308 » by hookshot199 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:53 pm

phillynative wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Again, my stance on the celtics run remain.The presumed "good" teams that are higher in the standings had big pieces missing when the celtics beat them.
Im not saying they are not a good team their defense will be elite if they continue to buy in.
Celtics just lost against the worst team guess what the pistons have size and length on the wings guess what the celtics didnt do hit more 3s than the opposing team overall field goals. Anything can happen in the regular season.

And I always rely on my eye test. They're a very good team right now and will be a formidable competitor in the playoffs. I hope we don't have to play them.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,915

Post#309 » by mjkvol » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:48 pm

hookshot199 wrote:And I always rely on my eye test. They're a very good team right now and will be a formidable competitor in the playoffs. I hope we don't have to play them.

I have to agree with that. The other night was a flukish perfect storm, but they've clearly bought in on defense and are playing much more of a motion, team oriented offense. They're definitely beatable, but there are other teams I'd prefer to play.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
phillynative
General Manager

Post#310 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:13 pm

hookshot199 wrote:
phillynative wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:

And I always rely on my eye test. They're a very good team right now and will be a formidable competitor in the playoffs. I hope we don't have to play them.

Thats fine .

But my guy are you and ajones the same poster?
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#311 » by hookshot199 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:37 pm

phillynative wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Thats fine .

But my guy are you and ajones the same poster?

Are you serious?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,838

Post#312 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:02 am

We’ll never recover from this disgrace.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers