Welcome Willie Cauley-Stein

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Willie Cauley-Stein 

Post#61 » by LloydFree » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:07 am

Kobblehead wrote:I just think it's a confusing move.

The whole reason we went out and acquired a C is because Doc doesn't trust rookie contract bigs who might not know what they're doing yet.

Even if he has been around, Cauley-Stein isn't exactly known as a heady player who is reliable (on OR off the court). So why would Doc feel any more confident in a perceived knucklehead like WCS?

I wish he would just deploy Bassey/Reed depending on matchup.

I think Morey expected someone else to get out of their contract, that hasn't happened yet. I bet WCS is an emergency contingency plan, just because he knows he can at least catch lobs for 10mpg.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,483

Post#62 » by HardenGoat » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:24 am

The question will be how good his hands are. Capela was dialed in with Harden and they both knew where to be, but Capela has amazing catch abilities. So does John Collins for example. I think Morey had to settle for WCS at least at this time and is hoping he can connect with Harden. We will see soon.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 217

Post#63 » by Embiid-MVP » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:24 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Love this move. A lot of people selling WCS short. He's more than capable as a backup C

100%

To add to that I think he'll thrive here if given an actual chance. I do feel like 70-80% of the fan base is cool with this. The others are definitely selling him short. If he doesn't work out here he'll def find his path somewhere. He deserves to be on a bench and getting decent mins.
:banghead:
Ksny13
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#64 » by Ksny13 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:36 am

HardenGoat wrote:The question will be how good his hands are. Capela was dialed in with Harden and they both knew where to be, but Capela has amazing catch abilities. So does John Collins for example. I think Morey had to settle for WCS at least at this time and is hoping he can connect with Harden. We will see soon.

Capela is very smart on the basketball court. He always knows where he needs to be. The same can't be said for WCS
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,468

Post#65 » by elchengue20 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:28 pm

We dont need him to be Capela, we need him to be good defensevily and decent offensively for 8 minutes a game. Hes going to play most of his minutes with Harden who is going to make his life as easy as it can be on the offensive end.

Hes more than capable of doing that if he's focused and in shape.

Lets hope that's the case.
Haset603
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#66 » by Haset603 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:04 am

FireMorey wrote:
Haset603 wrote:
FireMorey wrote:He was pretty good when he was playing with the KANGZ and Sixers fans were following them for draft pick purposes a handful of years ago. Haven't really watched him closely all that much since that year.

Why do you say “KANGZ”???

Because they were the KANGZ

Who are “they” and where do the term “KANGZ” come from?
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,844

Post#67 » by Ben » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:13 pm

Haset603 wrote:
FireMorey wrote:
Haset603 wrote:Why do you say “KANGZ”???

Sacramento Kings. Here's a pretty good explanation.
Haset603
Ballboy

Post#68 » by Haset603 » Sat Mar 5, 2022 1:55 pm

Ben wrote:
Haset603 wrote:
FireMorey wrote:

I’m calling BS. The word Kangz comes from the term “we was kangz” which started in 2015 as a way to mock African-American dialect.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,448

Post#69 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Mar 5, 2022 2:07 pm

Haset603 wrote:
Ben wrote:
Haset603 wrote:Who are “they” and where do the term “KANGZ” come from?

I’m calling BS. The word Kangz comes from the term “we was kangz” which started in 2015 as a way to mock African-American dialect.

I had a feeling this was going to eventually turn into this. I can understand why it would sound this way, but I seriously doubt that anyone on here (a basketball forum) meant it in that context. Seems to me like you're driving a personal misunderstood narrative just to create an argument. Why don't you just relax? No need for you to start stuff just because you found an opening to do so.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,568

Post#70 » by FireMorey » Sat Mar 5, 2022 5:17 pm

Haset603 wrote:
Ben wrote:

You can call BS all you want, back then people called them the Kangz. It was a thing. Just because the term means something else to you doesn't mean everyone else subscribes to your rationale.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,964

Post#71 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Mar 5, 2022 9:30 pm

Never understood the hype people had for him here. He was pretty much as I expected hope Jordan will be a major upgrade
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,769

Post#72 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Mar 5, 2022 10:49 pm

Haset603 wrote:
Ben wrote:

Stfu

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Haset603
Ballboy

Post#73 » by Haset603 » Sat Mar 5, 2022 11:50 pm

FireMorey wrote:
Haset603 wrote:
Ben wrote:

You can call BS all you want, back then people called them the Kangz. It was a thing. Just because the term means something else to you doesn't mean everyone else subscribes to your rationale.

Show me one place they were called that before 2015, I doubt you will be able to. Before then people clowned them by calling them something like the queens. All because you don’t like my so-called “rational” does not prove it’s wrong.
Haset603
Ballboy

Post#74 » by Haset603 » Sat Mar 5, 2022 11:52 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Haset603 wrote:
Ben wrote:

Stfu

Make me. Or go the safe route and just mute me if you don’t like what I say.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#75 » by Foshan » Sun Mar 6, 2022 12:14 am

Haset603 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
Haset603 wrote:I’m calling BS. The word Kangz comes from the term “we was kangz” which started in 2015 as a way to mock African-American dialect.
Stfu

Make me. Or go the safe route and just mute me if you don’t like what I say.

Hey all, this thread is being locked for the following reasons:
- It is going off topic
- WCS is now gone and his impact warrants less posts than we've already shared.

That said, for future posting please consider the following for future posting:
@Haset603 In answering a question asked on this board, a poster added a link from fans of said team that tried to answer the question that you asked. Seeing as you obviously already had an answer for your own question in mind, maybe next time start with sharing what you think you know and a link that validates your theory, rather than resorting to a BS/racism response. That does not further any productive conversation. And generally we're a pretty cool community, so if there were evidence that that was actually the case (which is not readily apparent aside from your own opinion) as a community we'd be willing to recognize that and reconsider our word choice the two times a year we play the Kings.

@XtremeDunkz "Stfu" also does not contribute to a conversation, and only leads to a more argumentative environment. I know you can do better :wink: clicking the 'report' button would have been a better choice.

So maybe let's go cheer on Maxey or speculate what Harden is doing with all his free time tonight. :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers