I haven’t been this fired up about the team since the Moses Malone trade

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

DHM
Junior
And1: 163

I haven’t been this fired up about the team since the Moses Malone trade 

Post#1 » by DHM » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:30 am

:rock:

Yes, I’m that old but I have not been this fired up since Moses Moses Malone trade. If any of the old-timers remember we were just on the cusp of winning an NBA title but we didn’t have that other superstar to go along with Julius Erving. Katz pulled the trigger and got us Moses Malone and I believe we went 65 and 17 that year & breezed through the playoffs. This has that similar feeling — not saying we’re going to whiz through the playoffs but we certainly have a chance to win at all.

Fo Fo Fo! You old timers will remember that.

RIP Moses
HardenMe
Ballboy
And1: 14

Re: I haven’t been this fired up about the team since the Moses Malone trade 

Post#2 » by HardenMe » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:36 am

Yeah this team is pretty insane. Not quite as old as you (early 30s) so this is easily the best Sixers team of my life. Not close.

Fans around the league will fully understand the magnitude of pairing up Embiid and Harden quite quickly.
DHM
Junior

Post#3 » by DHM » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:57 am

HardenMe wrote:Yeah this team is pretty insane. Not quite as old as you (early 30s) so this is easily the best Sixers team of my life. Not close.

Fans around the league will fully understand the magnitude of pairing up Embiid and Harden quite quickly.

I was completely amazed - it looked like James Harden was in full control from the start. The guy is obviously a basketball genius and Morey knew this.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#4 » by Phila Tough » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:16 am

Butler team was better imo just had wrong coach
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,224

Post#5 » by eyeatoma » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:50 am

Phila Tough wrote:Butler team was better imo just had wrong coach
Naw disagree, Jimmy was a better defender but Harden is an all time great offensive player. Jimmy was also anemic from the 3 point line.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
DHM
Junior

Post#6 » by DHM » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:53 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Naw disagree, Jimmy was a better defender but Harden is an all time great offensive player. Jimmy was also anemic from the 3 point line.

This harden is an absolute genius on the floor His command of the game is unbelievable. Harden created so many easy looks for teammates Jimmy could only dream of
GuideDog
Junior
And1: 138

Post#7 » by GuideDog » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:40 am

We haven't been this dominant since we traded for Moses. Moses was the missing piece to an already sold team. That's the same effect with Harden coming to a good team and making us elite.

I didn't realize Harden was such an elite point guard. His passing and ability to set up his teammates might be his most important value to this team.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Phila Tough » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:55 am

eyeatoma wrote:

Jimmy was a better leader and imo more clutch. Game on the line I'd want the ball in Jimmy's hand before James. That team also had better depth and overall defense.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Phila Tough » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:57 am

GuideDog wrote:We haven't been this dominant since we traded for Moses. Moses was the missing piece to an already sold team. That's the same effect with Harden coming to a good team and making us elite.

I didn't realize Harden was such an elite point guard. His passing and ability to set up his teammates might be his most important value to this team.

I think we need to see more than one game against a average Wolves team to make these claims..I'm excited too but one game vs the Wolves who were coming off a back to back is not nearly enough to declare us as elite
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#10 » by eyeatoma » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:05 am

Phila Tough wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Jimmy was a better leader and imo more clutch. Game on the line I'd want the ball in Jimmy's hand before James. That team also had better depth and overall defense.

Jo has taken over as one of the most clutch players in the league this year. His leadership had also been on point. Having a true point guard who is elite is invaluable. To have that built into an elite shooting gaurd is basically unheard of. Jimmy has also broken down far more over the last few years than Harden. Although during his time with us he was relatively healthy. I just think with Ben not shooting, you need someone who can help spread the floor, and Jimmy most definitely didn't do that. Maxey is also far better as a 3rd option than any player we had on that team, including Tobias. Maxey also has actual all-star potential.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#11 » by eyeatoma » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:27 am

Phila Tough wrote:
GuideDog wrote:We haven't been this dominant since we traded for Moses. Moses was the missing piece to an already sold team. That's the same effect with Harden coming to a good team and making us elite.

I think we need to see more than one game against a average Wolves team to make these claims..I'm excited too but one game vs the Wolves who were coming off a back to back is not nearly enough to declare us as elite

Agreed. Even if there are some bumps, this was a really good game to show how the pairing of Jo and Harden would work. My biggest worry was Harden taking too many touches from Jo, and it seems to me he'll play more of his Brooklyn role from last year which is awesome.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers