ImageImageImage

Welcome DeAndre Jordan

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Re: Welcome DeAndre Jordan 

Post#21 » by Kobblehead » Sat Mar 5, 2022 2:44 pm

Harden's apprehensive disposition when speaking about DeAndre Jordan was noticeable. He doesn't appear to be thrilled. He knows there's a lot of work and maintenance required when working with DeAndre. Doc Rivers knows that well, also. They also know he can help if they keep him in line.

There's a reason why all the super elite players in this league keep getting their team to acquire Jordan/Howard/Drummond. It's because defensive rebounding and shotblocking are absolute musts in winning championships and these guys are the best of the best, as reserves.
Ksny13
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#22 » by Ksny13 » Sat Mar 5, 2022 3:27 pm

phillynative wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:
Damienfan wrote:

Nash hasn’t demonstrated any coaching acumen since he was hired.

His benching of DJ was the best coaching move he has made to date.

Is 6'7 40 y.o Millsap a better back up option than DJ?

They were both equally awful hence why DJ was benched all last year and Millsap was away from Brooklyn this year. The young guys are better than both of these guys.
Ksny13
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#23 » by Ksny13 » Sat Mar 5, 2022 3:31 pm

Damienfan wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:
Damienfan wrote:

Nash hasn’t demonstrated any coaching acumen since he was hired.

His benching of DJ was the best coaching move he has made to date.

Wow, if it’s his best coaching move, that’s really saying something. Thanks!

He is one of the worst if not the worst HC that has ever graced the sidelines. It's really amazing how inept he is. It seems Doc gets a lot of heat here on the board but at the end of the day Phili fans should be happy because it could 1000x worse.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#24 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 5, 2022 4:02 pm

Ksny13 wrote:
Damienfan wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:His benching of DJ was the best coaching move he has made to date.

He is one of the worst if not the worst HC that has ever graced the sidelines. It's really amazing how inept he is. It seems Doc gets a lot of heat here on the board but at the end of the day Phili fans should be happy because it could 1000x worse.

Darn. :lol:
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,981

Post#25 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:12 pm

I've liked how he's played so far. He is giving us exactly what I thought he would. He obviously is not the player Andre is but he's been miles better than Millsap
Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#26 » by Lou_23 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:31 am

He is terrible. Obvious, Doc wanted him for his years with the Clippers but he is a disaster.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 409

Post#27 » by Zumramania » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:33 am

Ksny13 wrote:
Damienfan wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:His benching of DJ was the best coaching move he has made to date.

The alternative was not Steve Nash, but Tyronn Lue, and I think he would have been a better choice than Doc. An underrated coach, thrives on in-game adjustments, is currently doing great with the Clippers etc. Joel opposed him because he was close to Rich Paul and therefore a "Simmons' guy", which is not relevant anymore..

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/22/joel-embiid-opposed-sixers-possibly-hiring-tyronn-lue-as-head-coach/
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#28 » by Stanford » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:29 pm

Read on Twitter

he been great
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,836

Post#29 » by mjkvol » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:00 pm

Zumramania wrote:
Ksny13 wrote:
Damienfan wrote:

The alternative was not Steve Nash, but Tyronn Lue, and I think he would have been a better choice than Doc. An underrated coach, thrives on in-game adjustments, is currently doing great with the Clippers etc. Joel opposed him because he was close to Rich Paul and therefore a "Simmons' guy", which is not relevant anymore..

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/22/joel-embiid-opposed-sixers-possibly-hiring-tyronn-lue-as-head-coach/

Lue would have been a solid pick, we could especially use a guy who can actually adjust in-game right now. Doc is so rigid, it's easy to see how he's had so many playoff disasters.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#30 » by Murray_17 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:59 pm

Stanford wrote:
Read on Twitter

he been great

He was the biggest responsable on the Nuggets run late inthe second quarter that basically costed us the game.

I, sometimes, wonder what game is Doc seeing. I understand you don't want to throw the guy into the ocean, but don't BS us to that level either.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#31 » by TTP » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:48 pm

Stanford wrote:
Read on Twitter

he been great

It all makes sense now! It looks like Doc Rivers doesn't realize Charles Bassey is a member of the team. Maybe someone in the organization can inform him who his players are.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#32 » by blargh » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:02 pm

Laughing at the idea of DAJ sprinting the floor, like I might laugh at the whimsical fantasy of a rainbow unicorn prancing across a magical landscape.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#33 » by stormi » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Stop placing value on no skill garbage centers because "rebounds".
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#34 » by stormi » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:04 pm

Stanford wrote:
Read on Twitter

he been great

He legit doesn't know ball, wow.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,773

Post#35 » by Skates » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:52 pm

He’s looked better than Milsap, which is less a compliment to Jordan and more of a confirmation of how cooked Milsap is.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,836

Post#36 » by mjkvol » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:28 pm

stormi wrote:
He legit doesn't know ball, wow.

But please, don't under any circumstances take any chances with one of the young guys. Not sure they could "buy into what we do" quite like Jordan. And besides, he's been "great overall", so what point is there looking elsewhere?

Doc is the classic 'go down with the ship' type of coach that will lose 'his way' rather than adjust his plan, and will stick with failing guys out of blind loyalty. Think Andy Reid.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,981

Post#37 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:51 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Stanford wrote:
Read on Twitter

he been great

He was the biggest responsable on the Nuggets run late inthe second quarter that basically costed us the game.

I, sometimes, wonder what game is Doc seeing. I understand you don't want to throw the guy into the ocean, but don't BS us to that level either.

He wasn't great in the nuggets game but has played well overall since coming here. I mean anyone expecting him to come in and anchor our bench is just dreaming. All I wanted from him was for him to play average to good defense and rebound.

The fact he took 6 shots in what 12 minutes just shows how awful the rest of the bench is. He should be taking 3-4 shots a game but when Niang is 2-12. Green 0-5. Milton takes 1 shot (he made it yay).

He's done that for most part but yeah he needs to bounce back from the Nuggets Cousins and Jokic aren't the best matchup anyways.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#38 » by Murray_17 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:08 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
He wasn't great in the nuggets game but has played well overall since coming here. I mean anyone expecting him to come in and anchor our bench is just dreaming. All I wanted from him was for him to play average to good defense and rebound.

The fact he took 6 shots in what 12 minutes just shows how awful the rest of the bench is. He should be taking 3-4 shots a game but when Niang is 2-12. Green 0-5. Milton takes 1 shot (he made it yay).

He's done that for most part but yeah he needs to bounce back from the Nuggets Cousins and Jokic aren't the best matchup anyways.

He has not played defense for years dude. He miss rotations in every play, in the Nuggest game there was one where he doesn't realize his men is driving by him until the guy is scoring on a lay up.

He falled off the rotation on the Nets, the NETS, where the next big man after him was sophomore Nic Claxton who played 15 games as a rookie. This, after Kyrie and KD send Jarret Allen packing on the Harden trade because DAJ was untouchable.

He took 6 shots yeah, but that's because he insist in trying to put back the ball after every offensive rebound, not because the bench was playing awful or something.

The fact he didn't even tried to kick the ball back to the wings even once is just madness
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,481

Post#39 » by elchengue20 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:51 pm

stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Stop placing value on no skill garbage centers because "rebounds".

I told you this guy is completely cooked and useless.

People in here sayed hes still good because of a nearly meaningless stat like block rate. Maybe next time they can actually watch him play.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#40 » by rzzzzz » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:09 pm

Once again we’ve treading water, waiting for an early playoff exit to justify selecting another place keeper coach.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers