ImageImageImage

My friend who is a friend of Mark Jackson’s brother told me Ben Simmons is scared to play in Philly. Nets @ Sixers 3/10

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,949

Re: My friend who is a friend of Mark Jackson’s brother told me Ben Simmons is scared to play in Philly. Nets @ Sixers 3 

Post#41 » by sixers4real » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:08 am

Oh my, it’s been a while since I posted here.

Some of you know, I’m from Russia, and it’s really bad (economy wise) here right now. I love my country, but I hate Putin so much.

NBA is no longer having any business with Russia, they even blocked my NBA League Pass account (thanks Putin for that), now I have to download torrents to watch Philly games.

Actually, Sixers and my family are the only joys I have right now, I’ll keep watching games, and I hope we will win the title.

Back to the thread (sorry if I made this about politics, didn’t mean to, just wanted to share my feeling since some of you know I’m from Russia).

I agree with 76ciology, the Sixers will make a short tribute video, and I think it will be for Simmons Curry and Andre, but I think fans will boo the Simmons part.

Anyway, very exited for that game.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,997

Re: My friend who is a friend of Mark Jacksons brother told me Ben Simmons is scared to play in Philly, Nets @ Sixers 3/ 

Post#42 » by mjkvol » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:01 pm

Jhawk03 wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:Anything beyond boo's is excessive. I've been reading many comments on here and r/Sixers about 4d chess i.e. ignoring him, cheering him, etc. but the fact is, most of the people who will be in the WFC are not on these forums reading these rational takes.

Many casuals who have money for tickets don't know of Klutch's desire to use Thursday as a legal precedent for getting Ben "his" money back. There will be a sect of the fanbase who are just raucous individuals looking to blow off steam by acting like fools. It happens at nearly every game, in every arena in the country, but odds of it happening this game are multiplied by 100.

What is everyone's take on a tribute video? I feel like the Sixers are a classy organization and will put together a short "mash-up" video to honor Ben, Seth, and even Drummond before tip-off. This way it will check the box of taking the high road for Ben, but also making it a little less personable by including two players who only played 2 and 1 seasons with the team.

Anyway, Ben commented on a @BarstoolPhilly Instagram post last night "Likewise" in response to the post saying "Can't Wait" for Thursday's match-up. Kind of a weird flex when he's literally just going to sit on the bench. Any chance the Nets pull some wild move and Ben is in the starting line-up? (I joke, but the conspiracy theorist in me couldn't resist).

Been hearing rumors of Klutch paying some fans to do some dumb ****. I hope it's not true, but the fact that many casual fans are either ignorant or oblivious to the implications of what COULD happen is unsettling. Buckle your seatbelts cuz this could get ugly. Best case scenario is Kyrie in Boston, anything more is a personal fear of mine.

What's really disturbing is there are people who get off on acting like a$$holes at sporting events, way too many of them. Especially in the narcissistic social media age where any attention you can draw is desired.

Reminds me of when Tiger Woods cheated on his wife and had the whole baseball bat incident. I saw comments from fans who acted as if a guy cheating on his wife had committed some sort of crime against them, and were planning on attending the next event Woods played in to harass him. Scary that people actually enjoy schiit like that.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,997

Re: My friend who is a friend of Mark Jackson’s brother told me Ben Simmons is scared to play in Philly. Nets @ Sixers 3 

Post#43 » by mjkvol » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:06 pm

sixers4real wrote:Oh my, it’s been a while since I posted here.

Some of you know, I’m from Russia, and it’s really bad (economy wise) here right now. I love my country, but I hate Putin so much.

NBA is no longer having any business with Russia, they even blocked my NBA League Pass account (thanks Putin for that), now I have to download torrents to watch Philly games.

Actually, Sixers and my family are the only joys I have right now, I’ll keep watching games, and I hope we will win the title.

Back to the thread (sorry if I made this about politics, didn’t mean to, just wanted to share my feeling since some of you know I’m from Russia).

I agree with 76ciology, the Sixers will make a short tribute video, and I think it will be for Simmons Curry and Andre, but I think fans will boo the Simmons part.

Great to have you back, brother. Hang in there and know that nobody here with a shred of sense blames the Russian people for what is happening. Stay safe and take care.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,934

Post#44 » by Mik317 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:25 pm

I need us to win this one lol

cannot sit through a day of "Nets" fans gloating and the seeeeeee Ben is missed crowd.

I need us to win and put this whole thing behind us.

This is sadly my super bowl lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,484

Post#45 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:39 pm

We should win but I’m worried about KD going nuclear and ruining the night for us.

The good thing is that Embiid always owns Drummond and now that they aren’t teammates anymore he can go back to terrorizing him.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,342

Post#46 » by eyeatoma » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:45 pm

sixers4real wrote:Oh my, it’s been a while since I posted here.

Ughgh, this **** is brutal brother. Sorry to hear about everything that you are going through, and I hope that things get back to normal sooner rather than later. Hopefully a Sixers win will bring you some joy, in the midst of all craziness going on there. As others have said, we completely support the people of Russia, and know that it is Putin that is responsible for this.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#47 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:13 pm

There is obviously a ton of hype around this game but make no mistake... this game is not huge for the players, its no huge in the standings, it doesnt really have any impact on how things would or would not go if we meet again in the playoffs...

no, this game is for the Trolls. This is their superbowl.

Philly wins? open season on Ben, how he held philly back, how Morey is a god who fleeced the Nets, how its a title lock. Nets now have 2 head cases and durant is screwed... yada

Nets win? Sixers just hitched their wagon to a career loser (not true or my view) who doesnt get it done in big games and will be fat/walk in the offseason. Sixers miss Ben and now cant stop anyone without Ben and Harden is a turnstyle on defense. Nets winning without Ben, they are a title lock with him. Morey got fleeced and gave up a 25 year old star for 3 months of Harden who will soon be eating wings and strip clubs in cabo.

I kind of wish there was some real hate... not sure what its like in philly but media has been baiting kyrie and kd and they are like "what do you want me to say, james is my guy our friend we wish him the best. things changed here, he doesnt have his ring yet, he needs to do whats best for him, i hope he stays healthy and we stay healthy and it will work out how it works out. we will still see him around and in the summer, nothing has really changed"

Some fugazy fake bad blood with KD telling sixers to go home in our win followed by embiid doing the same in your win but they both then talked about how much they respect and love the other guy in post game.

The Nets have played awful for 2 months. our last 4 wins were all wins were Kyrie just went 2016 finals nuclear and carried us. He did it vs the bucks and miami, so if he does conitnue he can certainly make this a tight game and give us a chance but our coaching is really a handicap anytime we dont have 3 stars + our shooters hitting shots. We have harden for 1.5 years but our coaches wont use that to help defend harden... like a smart team wouldnt close out on his step back 3. just put a hand up and live with it. last 1.5 years we saw him brick that shot over and over and over and teams close out like its the last second of game 7 only to send him to the line for 3 FTs. but nope.. we will sitll close out on him hard as hell but then also leave Danny green wide open to triple team korkmaz on a post up or something.

anyhow, i kind of fell the same as Kyrie. I have no ill will towards philly. I've never been a big Embiid guy and im skeptical that they could win even when he plays great but with harden now who knows. I dont love how harden handled the exit but i dont care that he wanted to leave (i think thats every players right regardless of contract). so i hope you guys lose but good luck and hope everyone stays healthy.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#48 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:24 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:We should win but I’m worried about KD going nuclear and ruining the night for us.

The good thing is that Embiid always owns Drummond and now that they aren’t teammates anymore he can go back to terrorizing him.

KD going off has less of an impact on Nets wins. Aside from what he did vs milwaukee in the playoffs the nets are actually a .500 team when KD scores 40 or more in the regular season. KD is getting 30 regardless. him getting 40 isnt a huge difference.

Kyrie is the guy you want to keep under control. We he scores 40 the nets are nearly unbeatable (15-2 when he scores 38+ and 2-0 in playoffs). Baseline Kyrie is like Beal. points but nothing that cant be overcome and the tradeoff to his defense minimizes the impact. But Kyrie going off like he did vs milwaukee or charlotte he turns into like kobe where no matter who is on him he scores, he does it on all 3 levels and then it ups his defensive activity and he gets steals. and his buckets are demoralizing because they are like logo threes and jelly layups after dribbling through 3 guys

Keep Kyrie+KD under 70 and you probably wont lose. KDs bigger impact this game is if he shows out on defense/protecting the rim
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,763

Post#49 » by stormi » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:35 pm

There's already clips on twitter out there of Ben getting voraciously boo'ed on the streets this morning leaving a coffee shop with his matcha oat milk latte in his hands. Tonight should be interesting.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,058

Post#50 » by Sixerscan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:There is obviously a ton of hype around this game but make no mistake... this game is not huge for the players, its no huge in the standings, it doesnt really have any impact on how things would or would not go if we meet again in the playoffs...

Philly wins? open season on Ben, how he held philly back, how Morey is a god who fleeced the Nets, how its a title lock. Nets now have 2 head cases and durant is screwed... yada

Nets win? Sixers just hitched their wagon to a career loser (not true or my view) who doesnt get it done in big games and will be fat/walk in the offseason. Sixers miss Ben and now cant stop anyone without Ben and Harden is a turnstyle on defense. Nets winning without Ben, they are a title lock with him. Morey got fleeced and gave up a 25 year old star for 3 months of Harden who will soon be eating wings and strip clubs in cabo.

I kind of wish there was some real hate... not sure what its like in philly but media has been baiting kyrie and kd and they are like "what do you want me to say, james is my guy our friend we wish him the best. things changed here, he doesnt have his ring yet, he needs to do whats best for him, i hope he stays healthy and we stay healthy and it will work out how it works out. we will still see him around and in the summer, nothing has really changed"

Some fugazy fake bad blood with KD telling sixers to go home in our win followed by embiid doing the same in your win but they both then talked about how much they respect and love the other guy in post game.

The Nets have played awful for 2 months. our last 4 wins were all wins were Kyrie just went 2016 finals nuclear and carried us. He did it vs the bucks and miami, so if he does conitnue he can certainly make this a tight game and give us a chance but our coaching is really a handicap anytime we dont have 3 stars + our shooters hitting shots. We have harden for 1.5 years but our coaches wont use that to help defend harden... like a smart team wouldnt close out on his step back 3. just put a hand up and live with it. last 1.5 years we saw him brick that shot over and over and over and teams close out like its the last second of game 7 only to send him to the line for 3 FTs. but nope.. we will sitll close out on him hard as hell but then also leave Danny green wide open to triple team korkmaz on a post up or something.

anyhow, i kind of fell the same as Kyrie. I have no ill will towards philly. I've never been a big Embiid guy and im skeptical that they could win even when he plays great but with harden now who knows. I dont love how harden handled the exit but i dont care that he wanted to leave (i think thats every players right regardless of contract). so i hope you guys lose but good luck and hope everyone stays healthy.

I think you fundamentally misunderstand what is going on here at least from the Philly side? This game is notable because Simmons rage quit after the playoffs after 6 years of being a franchise cornerstone, then ducked the entire organization and fan base for months until he got traded, and now he's going to be in the arena for the first time. If he were traded to the Pacers or Kings his return would also be notable. It's not because, like, Kevin Durant and Embiid waved good bye to each other the last two games. Beyond the Simmons stuff it's just a generic matchup between two good teams.
stormi
General Manager

Post#51 » by stormi » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:42 pm

Isaiah Joe hit 5 threes today challenge.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#52 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:45 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:There is obviously a ton of hype around this game but make no mistake... this game is not huge for the players, its no huge in the standings, it doesnt really have any impact on how things would or would not go if we meet again in the playoffs...

I think you fundamentally misunderstand what is going on here at least from the Philly side? This game is notable because Simmons rage quit after the playoffs after 6 years of being a franchise cornerstone, then ducked the entire organization and fan base for months until he got traded, and now he's going to be in the arena for the first time. If he were traded to the Pacers or Kings his return would also be notable. It's not because, like, Kevin Durant and Embiid waved good bye to each other the last two games. Beyond the Simmons stuff it's just a generic matchup between two good teams.

But Simmons isnt playing. he gets boo'd to death from pregame through the first and inbetween timeouts and after the game and im sure the arena crew is smart enough to put him on the jumbotron during every stoppage.

but the game it self. not much meaning. its for the trolls. standings its not big, players its not big, playoff carryover its not big.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,058

Post#53 » by Sixerscan » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

But Simmons isnt playing. he gets boo'd to death from pregame through the first and inbetween timeouts and after the game and im sure the arena crew is smart enough to put him on the jumbotron during every stoppage.

but the game it self. not much meaning. its for the trolls. standings its not big, players its not big, playoff carryover its not big.

If your point is just that the Nets think they are too cool to care about regular season games, agreed.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,891

Post#54 » by Stanford » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:52 pm

stormi wrote:There's already clips on twitter out there of Ben getting voraciously boo'ed on the streets this morning

but you didn't post them
stormi
General Manager

Post#55 » by stormi » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:05 pm

Stanford wrote:
stormi wrote:There's already clips on twitter out there of Ben getting voraciously boo'ed on the streets this morning

but you didn't post them

Grow up
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,891

Post#56 » by Stanford » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:13 pm

lol

Anyone have a link? They haven't graced my twitter feed yet

nvm, found it

Read on Twitter
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,229

Post#57 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:16 pm

This matchup in particular is why we’ll need to turn Tobias into a defensive 4. Thybulle can hound Kyrie while whoever our next 4 is can at least matchup with KD.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,606

Post#58 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:17 pm

Stanford wrote:lol

Anyone have a link? They haven't graced my twitter feed yet

nvm, found it

Read on Twitter

Oh, that’s kinda cringe :o
always a jump shot away.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,763

Post#59 » by the_process » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:21 pm

I think that Brooklyn as a team should be booed loudly in introductions, and then the fans treat them like they are the Orlando Magic for the rest of the night. Uninterested.

That is mainly me not wanting Ben to get any of his money back.

Friends don't let friends throw things in the stands tonight. Nobody wants to hear every talking head babbling on about bad fan behavior in Philly for the next week.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers