ImageImageImage

#1 seed vs the #3 or 4 seed. Where do you stand?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Rather have the 1 seed or the 3/4 seed?

#1 seed
66%
#3 or #4 seed
34%

Total votes: 32

sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Re: #1 seed vs the #3 or 4 seed. Where do you stand? 

Post#141 » by sixers4real » Sat Apr 9, 2022 2:19 pm

mjkvol wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
But that's my point. Trying to game the seed we get due to matchups is fraught with danger, as we found out last year. Besides, if we can't beat IND and DET at home without Harden (and even Embiid), what the hell are we even talking about?

Sit Harden both days and Embiid on Sunday, and let the chips fall. Instead of worrying who we'll play, let's prepare as if it doesn't matter.

Although, FireMorey's scenario of Celtic fans melting down is a pretty tempting thought.

While I agree we should sit both Harden and Embiid for the rest of RS, but Doc won’t do that.

Doc wants at least #4 seed secured Saturday.

If we need all hands on deck to beat IND and DET at home, we don't deserve to even be in the playoffs.

Tell that Glenn, okay

I’m with you brother, Harden and Embiid should rest, but not in the doc’s land.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#142 » by sixers4real » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:05 am

Any info on the guys being rested tomorrow?

I knew Doc was not resting anyone against Pacers, because he was afraid of losing #4 seed and I don’t blame him, really.

But he needs to rest Embiid, Harden, Harris, Green tomorrow. And limit Maxey’s minutes.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#143 » by Wilfried » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:33 am

sixers4real wrote:Any info on the guys being rested tomorrow?

I knew Doc was not resting anyone against Pacers, because he was afraid of losing #4 seed and I don’t blame him, really.

But he needs to rest Embiid, Harden, Harris, Green tomorrow. And limit Maxey’s minutes.

Yes, but if we win against Detroit and Celtics lose against Memphis, we still get to #3 and play Chicago instead of Toronto.

Which is ... well, yeah, interesting
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#144 » by sixers4real » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:34 am

Wilfried wrote:

Yes, but if we win against Detroit and Celtics lose against Memphis, we still get to #3 and play Chicago instead of Toronto.

Which is ... well, yeah, interesting

Indeed. Tomorrow is very very interesting.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#145 » by sixers4real » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:39 pm

Out of the top 4 teams of Heat, Bucks, Celtics and us, we are the only team that won’t face Nets in the 1st round, that’s cute
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,904

Post#146 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:45 pm

Harden, Embiid, and Green at the very least. Maxey can run forever.

I hate the idea of playing for seeding, and I'm not as convinced as everyone else that CHI / BOS or MIL is a better path than TOR / MIA unless being satisfied with another 2nd round exit is the goal. To me, playing only one of BOS or MIL is optimum, and not seeing them until the ECF.

Let whatever is going to happen just happen, and worry about getting this team as rested and ready as possible. I like the tack that the Bucks took their championship year, anxious to take on and beat their nemesis, the Heat. That's the attitude that wins titles, not playing to 'avoid' someone.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#147 » by M2J » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:48 pm

sixers4real wrote:Out of the top 4 teams of Heat, Bucks, Celtics and us, we are the only team that won’t face Nets in the 1st round, that’s cute

The best team in the East playoffs to play will likely be Chicago. If Cleveland gets their 2 bigs back, they could be tough. Atlanta had been playing better. Chicago can't defend the Sixers. 3 seed is worth going for. Toronto with the vaccination issue is worth trying to avoid.

I even think possibly playing and winning the third seed could help Joel in his MVP quest to some voters.

I might rest Harden though, even with the full week off
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 617

Post#148 » by brannigan73 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:30 pm

The 4th seed. I see beating toronto as at least a 50% proposition. We dont match up well with them but all the games were close and the play-offs are a little different then regular season. We will have more days of rest and the best players in the series. Sure Chicago is about 80% to beat. But lets look at the second round match ups. I honestly think Sixers/Miam is a coin toss. We actually match up well with them. They dont have any superstars (my def of superstar is top 10 player) and and rely on team depth which isnt as valuable in the playoffs and are smallish and not that athletic. Milwaukee or Brooklyn is honestly about a 20% chance for a win lol. I can only speak for myself but I dont care about first round playoffs wins.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#149 » by FireMorey » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:43 pm

The Sixers play the Bucks well. Not sure they’d be that much tougher in the playoffs than the Heat.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers