ImageImageImage

Thybulle unvaccinated. Would be ineligible if Sixers play Toronto round 1

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 220

Re: Thybulle unvaccinated. Would be ineligible if Sixers play Toronto round 1 

Post#101 » by 76Shots » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:56 pm

Matisse not getting the shot at all is understandable (not really), but to get one shot and not get the second confuses me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#102 » by Sixerscan » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:10 pm

As far as this situation goes I don’t particularly care what his or anyone’s thoughts are on the vaccine or the Canadian law. He’s letting the entire organization and fan base down by not making himself available for those games.

Think about how many people in this organization lost their jobs after the last time this team lost in the first round. It’s one thing to argue about this stuff online it’s another to do something like this that potentially impacts many other people’s professional careers. It doesn’t seem like he’s considering any of that, when he was asked he just gave some bland answer about he thinks the team can win without him.
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 168

Post#103 » by 9th Wonder » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:15 pm

Thybulle said he isn't worried about downsides to getting a second dose but doesn't see the benefits of it that he couldn't get from alternative medicine. Just baffling.

6:35

;ab_channel=FanaticsView
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#104 » by rzzzzz » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:25 pm

I flash back to the post game interview when he’s laughing while Embiid reinforces the need for him to fire away when he gets an open look at the corner. “I already apologized to you for that.”
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#105 » by phiphan » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:25 pm

9th Wonder wrote:Thybulle said he isn't worried about downsides to getting a second dose but doesn't see the benefits of it that he couldn't get from alternative medicine. Just baffling.

Well playing in an NBA playoff game is very good exercise, so there are definitely health benefits to him getting the second jab.
T_Brandon
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#106 » by T_Brandon » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:59 pm

Trade the idiot this summer
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,848

Post#107 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:23 pm

I've always had a feeling about this guy. No surprise to be that he's an alternative medicine bozo.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,589

Post#108 » by Iverson Armband » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:35 pm

The mural of him in Fishtown was always very weird and incredibly undeserving, I seriously hope that **** is covered up in paint splatter now.
always a jump shot away.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,587

Post#109 » by FireMorey » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:42 pm

76Shots wrote:Matisse not getting the shot at all is understandable (not really), but to get one shot and not get the second confuses me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

It's very random. At that point you might as well go all the way or you got the first shot for nothing.
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#110 » by Samson » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:05 am

I'm not necessarily defending him - I actually always kind of liked him - and I really, really don't see the point of having taken one vaccine shot but not the second (and if that was his stance, why not get one of the one-shot vaccines instead?!) ...

...but remember his Mom was a PhD "Naturopath" Doctor. Which is to say, batstuff crazy - but still his Mom. He was literally and figuratively raised to believe certain things. That whole Naturopath / Holistic / Homeopathy bullstuff is just nuts but many people believe it.

That does not EXCUSE it , but it EXPLAINS it a little.

I just don't see why not take the second shot if you got the first. I was pretty anti at first, I don't like being told what to do, but my Doctor convinced me. I ain't dead yet.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#111 » by Courtside » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:23 pm

Samson wrote:I'm not necessarily defending him - I actually always kind of liked him - and I really, really don't see the point of having taken one vaccine shot but not the second (and if that was his stance, why not get one of the one-shot vaccines instead?!) ...

...but remember his Mom was a PhD "Naturopath" Doctor. Which is to say, batstuff crazy - but still his Mom. He was literally and figuratively raised to believe certain things. That whole Naturopath / Holistic / Homeopathy bullstuff is just nuts but many people believe it.

I just don't see why not take the second shot if you got the first. I was pretty anti at first, I don't like being told what to do, but my Doctor convinced me. I ain't dead yet.

In fairness here, being a Naturopath isn't bats*** stuff. That's Homeopathy, where they believe in stones and teas and essential oils. Not sure how it is in the US or in PA, but here in Ontario there is a regulated asssociation (like a "college of physicians" that doctors belong to), and it takes years of school to be qualified. Their knowledge of biology, kinesiology, chemistry, etc... is probably equal to or better than some types of nurses. They understand "their lane" so to speak, and understand the limits of what their practice can do. You go to a Naturpath for thing like allergy problems, hormone issues, natural treatments that have some proven level of efficacy against certain issues, and as a general way of maintaining your health to prevent needing the next level of doctors and medicine that come into play for more serious issues.

The problem is that in some places it isn't well regulated, and they conflate a number of other types of care or quackery into their practice. They do believe in vitamins and supplements and diet in order to boost or maintain a good immune system, but if they're half as smart as they think they are then they understand why a NOVEL virus poses issues that ar a danger above and beyond what our existing immune systems can handle. They may help treat symptoms of diseases or illnesses in terms of pain management or mitigation, but they damn well should know that some things are just outside their lane and require the more longstanding medical and pharma based path to be followed.

In short, Naturpathy is legit in many (limited) ways and shouldn't be conflated with Homeopathy, alternative health care or even Chinese Traditional Medicine, though there is a little bit of overlap. It sounds like the Thybulle family is a little on the quack side of things in their beliefs, which often rejects many types of vaccines that have proven themselves over decades of use.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,207

Post#112 » by Appostis » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:28 am

Courtside wrote:
Samson wrote:I'm not necessarily defending him - I actually always kind of liked him - and I really, really don't see the point of having taken one vaccine shot but not the second (and if that was his stance, why not get one of the one-shot vaccines instead?!) ...

In fairness here, being a Naturopath isn't bats*** stuff. That's Homeopathy, where they believe in stones and teas and essential oils. Not sure how it is in the US or in PA, but here in Ontario there is a regulated asssociation (like a "college of physicians" that doctors belong to), and it takes years of school to be qualified. Their knowledge of biology, kinesiology, chemistry, etc... is probably equal to or better than some types of nurses. They understand "their lane" so to speak, and understand the limits of what their practice can do. You go to a Naturpath for thing like allergy problems, hormone issues, natural treatments that have some proven level of efficacy against certain issues, and as a general way of maintaining your health to prevent needing the next level of doctors and medicine that come into play for more serious issues.

The problem is that in some places it isn't well regulated, and they conflate a number of other types of care or quackery into their practice. They do believe in vitamins and supplements and diet in order to boost or maintain a good immune system, but if they're half as smart as they think they are then they understand why a NOVEL virus poses issues that ar a danger above and beyond what our existing immune systems can handle. They may help treat symptoms of diseases or illnesses in terms of pain management or mitigation, but they damn well should know that some things are just outside their lane and require the more longstanding medical and pharma based path to be followed.

In short, Naturpathy is legit in many (limited) ways and shouldn't be conflated with Homeopathy, alternative health care or even Chinese Traditional Medicine, though there is a little bit of overlap. It sounds like the Thybulle family is a little on the quack side of things in their beliefs, which often rejects many types of vaccines that have proven themselves over decades of use.

You know what they call naturapathy that has been proven to work? Medicine.

The honest answer..the guy is a idiot.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,647

Post#113 » by LordCovington33 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:43 am

If we lose this series (partly because of his vaccine stance), I don’t think he’ll feel too welcome at Wells Fargo tbh. You get one shot, but not the second one because you can’t see the benefit? Just get the second one and be there for your team. His teammates are probably not only annoyed but think he is an idiot.
Courtside
RealGM

Post#114 » by Courtside » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:05 pm

Appostis wrote:
Courtside wrote:

You know what they call naturapathy that has been proven to work? Medicine.

The honest answer..the guy is a idiot.

100% idiot, yes.

I dated a woman who was a doctor of naturopathy and that's what changed me mind on it all. Thing is, the usual doctors and medicine are what we go to *after* there is a problem, or something that could have been handled in other ways becomes more serious.

For example, "real' doctors don't want to waste time figuring out if people have digestive issues that are making them sick. They want to prescribe something to patch over it after the fact. That isn't right, and ultkmately just costs us more and allows us as a society to be more unwell in general, which has other costs, often unmeasurable. We make ourselves sick and unwell and then go to a doctor to try and fix it, rather than undo and prevent it beforehand, which if we were smarter and less lazy as a culture, more people would do.

Anyways... Thybulle is absolutely a moron about this, especially since he did the first shot and then just gave up. My hunch is that he is either scared of or hates needles (very common), or had a reaction that knocked him on his ass for a bit (also common) and that is what got them fearing some other BS that his mom would have been all over with their beliefs.

If they lose a close series and their perfomance is able to be seen as different based on his splits, this is going to get nasty all around.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#115 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Courtside wrote:I dated a woman who was a doctor of naturopathy and that's what changed me mind on it all.

you don't say
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#116 » by rzzzzz » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:51 pm

Am I wrong guessing that he got the one shot in order to play for the Aussies in the Tokyo Olympics? That was important to him.
Courtside
RealGM

Post#117 » by Courtside » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:24 pm

Stanford wrote:
Courtside wrote:I dated a woman who was a doctor of naturopathy and that's what changed me mind on it all.

you don't say

Heaven forbid real life experience helps us learn something that we can share with others. Way to completely ignore everything else I said.

RGM allowing trolls to be mods :roll: :noway:
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#118 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,408

Post#119 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:30 pm

Getting one shot and then missing a playoff series because he didn’t get the 2nd one is the most Matisse **** ever.

It’s like when he gets an amazing steal but then panics and throws the ball out of bounds. He’s just a magician with how fast he can turn a win into a loss.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,675

Post#120 » by stormi » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:41 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Getting one shot and then missing a playoff series because he didn’t get the 2nd one is the most Matisse **** ever.

It’s like when he gets an amazing steal but then panics and throws the ball out of bounds. He’s just a magician with how fast he can turn a win into a loss.

:lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers