The Furkan Korkmaz Appreciation Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Re: The Furkan Korkmaz Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:10 am

TTP wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Uh...I like Kork, but I think my expectations were too high for him. I was hoping he'd at the very least be Duncan Robinson. He's still only 24 years old so it's not as if he's maxed out completely as a player. He's just never going to be much more than a serviceable reserve that can score points at times for you. Very streaky shooter and not much of a defender, but I've always liked him as a spark plug type of player. Since he's been way off from three all year long, I don't think he's worthy of playoff minutes.

Dude the bolded statement is WILD. Duncan Robinson is a legitimate top 5 three point shooter and one of the best role players in the NBA. Korkmaz's ceiling was lower than that, much less his floor. Korkmaz never came anywhere close to that level of shooting volume or efficiency as a player or prospect. Robinson was 86% from the FT line in both the NBA and college and Korkmaz is ~76%.

Did I not say my expectations were too high for him? I've already acknowledged that my expectations were too high. I find it WILD that you find it so WILD that you decided to follow it up by quoting me and acting as if you're completely just mind blown. Then you give me all these useless Duncan Robinson stats.
I'm already admitting that my expectations were too high for Furkan Korkmaz. This is now the fourth time I've said it. I'm just saying, it's a punk move on your part to pile on someone who's already being totally honest and transparent about something. Admitting I was off on it. Or maybe you jumped before looking? Maybe think before you reply next time. Do better. God this is so dumb. What exactly is your deal here? Go on somewhere. Stop making Duncan Robinson out to be some superstar player. He's not. I wasn't exactly comparing Korkmaz to Jordan now was I?
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Re: The Furkan Korkmaz Appreciation Thread 

Post#22 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:48 pm

Korkmaz is another Hezonja, supposedly great shooter that in reality was/is below average shooter, the difference of course is that he was drafted much more accordingly with his abilities.
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers