The 6’8 Awards: Game 1, Raptors @ Sixers 4/16 6:00pm EST ESPN

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,253

Re: The 6’8 Awards: Game 1, Raptors @ Sixers 4/16 6:00pm EST ESPN 

Post#461 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:54 pm

mjkvol wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:I'm back, after a 12 hour ban issued by the seemingly trigger happy Raptors mods. Not only did I get a ban on that board, but all of RealGM.

It really brings into question, how they can ban people without any warning, while here we have fans running amock on this board ever since the Harden trade, and we literally have to beg the mods to do something. I'm fine either way, but we really need to be calling this stuff the same across Realgm.

I have to be honest with you - it's annoying as hell when Raptor fans come on here, even those that "come in peace" (whatever the hell that means). Why even go there and deal with idiots?

I honestly went there to banter with them a bit, and then they started mouthing off, which got me heated. Hindsight is 20/20. It was amusing in the end.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,936

Post#462 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:54 pm

Stanford wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:So much for Canadian hospitality.

I got my ass banned too. :dontknow:

But at least I got to read perhaps my favorite post of all time:

Stanford is one of those mods that thinks he takes funny shots at Canadians but doesn't even has his facts straight.

Damn, not only annoying but they don't appreciate quality humor either. Bad combination.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,861

Post#463 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:01 pm

It's kinda funny the conversation about us shooting unsustainably well in this game. Our two superstars shot 33% and 35% in this game. One of them (Embiid) being a 50% FG shooter on the year. The gameplan was to shut him and Harden down and Maxey/Harris/Niang/Milton were taking wide open shots or having easy drives to the basket. Watch those guys in pregame putting up uncontested shots. Shooters will hit 80+%. Perhaps the gameplan for the raps should be reversed; let Embiid beat the Raptors by himself. Shut everyone else down.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#464 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:03 pm

Go Sixers
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,597

Post#465 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:06 pm

They bannned me for a “ :lol: ”…. I kid you not.

Pathetic bunch over there
always a jump shot away.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#466 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:07 pm

76ciology wrote:Did we switch more this game by a lot compared to the last regular season we played against the Raps?

According to some articles, I read that we did.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#467 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:09 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:They bannned me for a “ :lol: ”…. I kid you not.

They are so sensitive, and don't understand the age old adage... If you can dish it, you better be able to take it.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#468 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:09 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:Did we switch more this game by a lot compared to the last regular season we played against the Raps?

According to some articles, I read that we did.

It's officially James Harden's team.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#469 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:09 pm

They are so sensitive, and don't understand the age old adage... You better be able to take what you dish out.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#470 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Negrodamus wrote:It's kinda funny the conversation about us shooting unsustainably well in this game. Our two superstars shot 33% and 35% in this game. One of them (Embiid) being a 50% FG shooter on the year. The gameplan was to shut him and Harden down and Maxey/Harris/Niang/Milton were taking wide open shots or having easy drives to the basket. Watch those guys in pregame putting up uncontested shots. Shooters will hit 80+%. Perhaps the gameplan for the raps should be reversed; let Embiid beat the Raptors by himself. Shut everyone else down.

I have to believe that will be Nurse's tack in game 2, to make Harden a scorer and take away Embiid's outlets. It's pretty clear that we're a far better team when the ball is moving the way it was last night, and I can see Nurse doing whatever it takes to turn our offense into a slog where the ball stops with Harden or Embiid.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#471 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:21 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

They are so sensitive, and don't understand the age old adage... If you can dish it, you better be able to take it.

Yeah, show me where that old adage has ever been followed on internet forums. Or really anywhere these days.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#472 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:25 pm

mjkvol wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Yeah, show me where that old adage has ever been followed on internet forums. Or really anywhere these days.

Touche lol
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#473 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:44 pm

Shake with 10pts. Could be the guy that makes or breaks a series for us. If he's legitimately back, then it'll be hard to beat us.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,427

Post#474 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:50 pm

The one blemish on that game is that Danny played like complete ****. Gonna need more from him eventually.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#475 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:07 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:The one blemish on that game is that Danny played like complete ****. Gonna need more from him eventually.

Have to believe that was an outlier. He was bricking wide open corner 3's, which are his bread and butter.

Between Green, Niang, and Shake, if we can get any two of the three making contributions on any given night we are going to be very hard to beat. I believe the Maxey we saw is for real, maybe not 38 pts. real but a consistent big spot scoring option. Tobias is a different story, I'd be pretty surprised to see him have the same kind of effort in a tight game.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,108

Post#476 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:21 pm

Danny shot bad but he was crashing the boards hard too, which we will need all this series. And even when shooting bad, the spacing he provides is crucial

That's already more impactful than Matisse comitting stupid fouls to negate his defensive potential and just runing around on offense.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,427

Post#477 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:28 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Jailblazers7 wrote:The one blemish on that game is that Danny played like complete ****. Gonna need more from him eventually.

Have to believe that was an outlier. He was bricking wide open corner 3's, which are his bread and butter.

Between Green, Niang, and Shake, if we can get any two of the three making contributions on any given night we are going to be very hard to beat. I believe the Maxey we saw is for real, maybe not 38 pts. real but a consistent big spot scoring option. Tobias is a different story, I'd be pretty surprised to see him have the same kind of effort in a tight game.

I actually kinda have faith in Tobi right now. I don’t expect 26 from him that often but he’s been playing well for 2-3 weeks now. His on ball defense has been really good since Harden arrived and I think he’s actually pretty well suited for a switching scheme.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#478 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:30 pm

Just his presence creates gravity and opens the floor for the rest of the team, as opposed to Matisse's anti-gravity.

Even if Green misses every shot he's valuable out there. He must start from now on.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#479 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:33 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:It's kinda funny the conversation about us shooting unsustainably well in this game. Our two superstars shot 33% and 35% in this game. One of them (Embiid) being a 50% FG shooter on the year. The gameplan was to shut him and Harden down and Maxey/Harris/Niang/Milton were taking wide open shots or having easy drives to the basket. Watch those guys in pregame putting up uncontested shots. Shooters will hit 80+%. Perhaps the gameplan for the raps should be reversed; let Embiid beat the Raptors by himself. Shut everyone else down.

I have to believe that will be Nurse's tack in game 2, to make Harden a scorer and take away Embiid's outlets. It's pretty clear that we're a far better team when the ball is moving the way it was last night, and I can see Nurse doing whatever it takes to turn our offense into a slog where the ball stops with Harden or Embiid.

Raps D wants to collapse the middle, trusting their length and athleticism to get back out to shooters if the ball is kicked out. That's what they do.

Harden did a masterful job of making them pay and our shooters fired without hesitation before the D could recover.

Sticking with shooters and letting Harden/Embiid feast in the middle isn't their game. Let's see if they try it.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer
And1: 984

Post#480 » by Dude-niagara » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:38 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I’m fine with a separation of modding rules. Our mods do a nice job of keeping the discussion open even when posters have to worst opinions.

Raptor fans just want you to feel bad for them. Forever jilted by every other external factor. Simply can’t look themselves in the mirror and come to terms that their team is slightly above mediocre now. They have some nice pieces for a rebuild, but that’s going to take time.

Not at all, your team played better and deserved to win. I won't blame the refs because you killed us on the offensive boards and took care of the ball. You're others like Maxey and Harris had amazing games and our two guards could not keep Maxey in front of them. For anyone complaining about fouls on Freddie, both Fred and Trent like to play with their hands/gamble for steals and sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you get caught with your hands in the cookie jar. They have both lived off of getting steals playing this way all season long. I won't complain because you need to adjust to how refs are calling the game and start moving your feet. You need to stay front of your man. They could not do that with Maxey's speed who scored 38. He was the fastest player on the court, even the one dunk in the first half you could see him just explode from center court passing by two Raptors who were first ahead of him.

Raptor fan giving your team full props for being more prepared, starting the game with more energy and being well deserving of the win. It is what it is, the refs did make shots for Harris & Maxey or did they protect the ball for the 76ers. You had 3 freaking turnovers for the whole game. I just hope Barnes can return for game 3 or 4, no break after XRAY and we will find out more today. That looked nasty and the kid was ballin up until that point. The last thing, props to Rivers starting Green over Thybulle so the team is not totally dependant on Thybulle who will be missing games 3 & 4.

From what I've seen of Raptor fans here, I find it hard to believe that takes as logical and level headed as yours are the rule on the Raptor board.

Feel really bad for Barnes, as the kid is a baller with a great future.

I will call the games as I see them without bias, if we win game 2 and play well I am not going to post we got real lucky to win this game. All games are going to have bad calls but the team that makes the most shots & plays usually come out ahead. This was not a 4-5 point loss where you can point out a missed call or two that would have changed the outcome. It was a blow out and Raptors need to play much better if they want to win game 2.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers