ImageImageImage

The 6’8 Awards: Game 1, Raptors @ Sixers 4/16 6:00pm EST ESPN

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Re: The 6’8 Awards: Game 1, Raptors @ Sixers 4/16 6:00pm EST ESPN 

Post#501 » by the_process » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:02 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:They bannned me for a “ :lol: ”…. I kid you not.

Pathetic bunch over there

It would be nice if this board responded in kind to Tampa fans. Just throwing that out there.
the_process
RealGM

Post#502 » by the_process » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:09 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I’m fine with a separation of modding rules. Our mods do a nice job of keeping the discussion open even when posters have the worst opinions.

Raptor fans just want you to feel bad for them. Forever jilted by every other external factor. Simply can’t look themselves in the mirror and come to terms that their team is slightly above mediocre now. They have some nice pieces for a rebuild, but that’s going to take time.

It's going to be a forever rebuild with competitive teams that are a step below, which is what they always had outside of the one outlier season with Kawhi. The chances of ever landing a player like that again and having lightning strike the way it did are slim, and where they usually draft will make it difficult to get that big difference maker in the draft.

As long as they are able to keep Nurse they will have competitive teams, but he's going to get the itch to go to a spot where he can compete for a title again at some point. Toronto will never be a destination for elite players.

I wonder if there's a team with a couple very high profile players in a very high profile town that needs a new HC?
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,762

Post#503 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:12 pm

the_process wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I’m fine with a separation of modding rules. Our mods do a nice job of keeping the discussion open even when posters have the worst opinions.

Raptor fans just want you to feel bad for them. Forever jilted by every other external factor. Simply can’t look themselves in the mirror and come to terms that their team is slightly above mediocre now. They have some nice pieces for a rebuild, but that’s going to take time.

It's going to be a forever rebuild with competitive teams that are a step below, which is what they always had outside of the one outlier season with Kawhi. The chances of ever landing a player like that again and having lightning strike the way it did are slim, and where they usually draft will make it difficult to get that big difference maker in the draft.

As long as they are able to keep Nurse they will have competitive teams, but he's going to get the itch to go to a spot where he can compete for a title again at some point. Toronto will never be a destination for elite players.

I wonder if there's a team with a couple very high profile players in a very high profile town that needs a new HC?

A couple very high profile players and a kid who is on his way to becoming the same.

Beats me, can't think of one.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
the_process
RealGM

Post#504 » by the_process » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:19 pm

mjkvol wrote:
the_process wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

A couple very high profile players and a kid who is on his way to becoming the same.

Beats me, can't think of one.

I was actually talking about the Lakers :lol:

But sure, Nurse would be a massive upgrade on Glenn.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#505 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:26 pm

Los_29 wrote:
That's not my argument at all.

His 3pt percentage did result in a lower FG% but he also got off to a horrible start where he was converting a lot less of his 2pt field goals. Last year in Miami, he shot 54% inside the arc, this year he shot 47%. The last three months his TS% climbed considerably.

So, your argument is that he is worse with a heavier load, wow, peak potential
https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1630173/advanced

In fact, the numbers seem to suggest his efficiency and impact increased with him going to the bench and outside february his numbers are around his average and not a "considerable increase in TS".

Los_29 wrote:Sexton was a team's first option. Maxey is a 3rd/4th option on a team with an MVP candidate and James Harden. Since the Sixers got Harden, Maxey's TS% has gone through the roof. Before they got Harden, his TS% was worse than Sexton's. That's telling me that Harden has been excellent for Maxey's efficiency and Maxey's efficiency dips considerably when his role is increased. Maxey's TS% before they got Harden:
October - 58%
November - 57%
December - 54%
January - 57%

That's a shade below the efficiency that Sexton put up last year in Cleveland. This is still good efficiency and above average for a point guard/shooting guard but with Sexton that above average efficiency isn't enough to make up for his shortcomings. Whether it's the same for Maxey remains to be seen.

You're comparing Maxey TS by month with Sexton's overall TS :lol: :lol:
https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1629012/advanced?Season=2020-21

Yeah, Maxey numbers were still better than Sexton without Harden... You can also look at the on/off numbers to see the difference in impact.

And by the way, the difference between Sexton being the first option and Maxey being the third was 4 FGA

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1=maxeyty01&p1yrfrom=2022&player_id2=sextoco01&p2yrfrom=2021

Los_29 wrote:Maxey is no doubt a good player in this league and there is absolutely a chance he will continue to be and will always be a better player than Achiuwa. But when we are talking about who has the higher ceiling, it's Achiuwa.

The fact you have not mounted any argument in favor of Achiuwa nor mention what his ceilling is and your entire point relly on diminishing Maxey to get to this conclussión is absolutely baffling

Los_29 wrote:You guys got a good team and if Harden plays like he's capable of you guys have a legitimate chance to make a deep run in the playoffs. But we are going to have to agree to disagree on Maxey and Achiuwa.
It's fine if you want to agree to disagree but then don't try the "every gm would rather have achiuwa" BS
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#506 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:55 pm

dkb965 wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
dkb965 wrote:
You should not even be allowed on the board. Your Mod playing favourites.

We've been living with ExplosionsInDaSky's barbarism for nearly 2 decades. He is a brute and our feckless modstapos have done nothing to quell his evil. Thank you for seeing something and saying something good savior from the north.

Appreciate that comment. Thank you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#507 » by Foshan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:28 pm

the_process wrote:

It would be nice if this board responded in kind to Tampa fans. Just throwing that out there.

I kinda like TOR fans coming in and crying and complaining, it unites our fan base (mostly) against them. Without their presence we’d just be trashing eachother :lol:
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#508 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:37 pm

I’m willing to be nice to any Raptor fan. What I’m not going to be nice about is their echo chamber talking points spilling over here and looking for us to concede that their points hold merit.

Especially baby **** like “Embiid is playing too aggressive towards our poor players!”
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,338

Post#509 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:43 pm

All this Maxey vs Achiuwa talk just making me even more appreciative to have Maxey in Philly. I would not want to be on the wrong side of a bet against Tyrese Maxey. I’m 10000% confident that, whatever Maxey’s max potential is, he will reach it because of his work ethic. And that’s far more important than some theoretical upside that a player probably won’t reach.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,338

Post#510 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:46 pm

Foshan wrote:
the_process wrote:

I kinda like TOR fans coming in and crying and complaining, it unites our fan base (mostly) against them. Without their presence we’d just be trashing eachother :lol:

At least we have the respect to be self-hating when we lose.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#511 » by Arsenal » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:31 am

Don’t ban craptor fans. Like their small and weak team, they’re just too easy to pick on!
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#512 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:38 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:Did we switch more this game by a lot compared to the last regular season we played against the Raps?

According to some articles, I read that we did.

Can you share me the link?

I tried to watch our last game against raps again and our game yesterday. Seems like its more on effort on defense and effort to box out and crash board.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#513 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:41 am

Only REALGM benefits from arguing with fellow fans. Its a waste of time and brain cell.

Every time you feel like arguing with a fan you ask yourself..

What Would Tobi Do?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#514 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:41 am

76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:Did we switch more this game by a lot compared to the last regular season we played against the Raps?

According to some articles, I read that we did.

Can you share me the link?

I tried to watch our last game against raps again and our game yesterday. Seems like its more on effort on defense and effort to box out and crash board.

I think it was by Rich Hoffman, in his latest Athletic article.
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,230

Post#515 » by payton2kemp » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:47 am

Los_29 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2184642
Raps fans arguing for 8 pages that Achiuwa has more potential than Maxey, even after yesterday :lol: :lol:

Some gems

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Precious has a way higher ceiling, not that Maxey isn't good...but he's only like 6 feet. There's a reason he went 21st overall.

OakleyDokely wrote:A smallish guard who can't defend will always be exploited.

It doesn't really matter because Morey wouldn't give him up anyways, but I'd still take my chances long term with Precious. He's the type of player the NBA is trending towards.

He says that unironically forgetting his lead guard is a legit small person.

Los_29 wrote:
That’s why I said potential not who is better now. I don’t think you’d find many people around the league that would say Maxey has a higher ceiling than Precious.

We are talking about potential not who is the better player now. That was the main theme of the entire thread.

And based on potential its not even close lol. Maxey led the Sixers, Precious is a bench warmer while being a year older. Precious is trash, there is a reason Miami decided to dump him for Lowry and the Sixers decided to keep Maxey instead of trading him for Lowry.
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,230

Post#516 » by payton2kemp » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:48 am

Murray_17 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
No it's not ridiculous because you're just talking about one side of the ball. Players like Maxey don't have a higher ceiling than a player who is 6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan, is super athletic, can handle the ball, guard every position on the floor and can knock down threes. You just won't find many executives that would agree with you. Maxey's potential is capped due to his size, inability to defend and be a playmaker. Look at how GM's view a player like Collin Sexton and Sexton put up 24ppg last year with a TS% of 57% as his team's first option.

This isn't to say that Maxey isn't a good player. He's a good player in this league and will be for a long time. And there is absolutely a chance that Precious doesn't reach his ceiling and that Maxey has a far better career. But players with Precious Achiuwa's physical profile are often always more sought after.

lol, so your argument is that Maxey has less potential because he plays only one side of the ball while Precious Achiuwa has defensive juggernaut potential? dude, really, have a little self awareness...

He cannot guard every position, if he could, the Raptors would not relly on a doubling scheme to defend the paint. He's an undersized center with great athetlic ability, yes, still a help defender instead of a guy who can lock the paint. He's great tho but your overvaluation of him is hilarious

The fact you seriously think he's a shoter is cute too, his efficiency decreased from now to his rookie season, precissely because he tried to shot from 3s. He's averaging 35% on 2 3's per game, that's mediocre at best.

Your comparison between Sexton and Maxey is fascinating too, Maxey is already a considerable better shoter than Sexton at similar volume and ranks in the 90th percentile on points per 100 this year, being 2 years younger. The fact you consider that an appropiate comparison because both are undersized show how lost you're on this, you just need to see the difference between both guys trying to score thru contact to see why that's a bad comparison.

And don't even start on your implication that the third option guy with 4.3 assists and elite TOV% in his second year cannot be a playmaker for who knows what reasons.

lol this Raptors poster is a complete clown, most of the Raptors board clowns on him to on their board.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#517 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:51 am

^In no conversation would I call Achiuwa a "trash" player. He's got a lot of upside as a pick n pop big in this league. He's athletic, can shoot the three, run the floor and defends well. He's a quality big and He's still improving. While I still take Maxey over him 7 days a week, in no way is he a bad basketball player.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#518 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:13 am

Nick Nurse is trying to distract media that his guys are not skilled enough to get space that they frequently push off the defenders, he is using this embiid offensive foul bruhaha.

Someone should retaliate and show how many times his guys would push off the defender.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#519 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:13 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:^In no conversation would I call Achiuwa a "trash" player. He's got a lot of upside as a pick n pop big in this league. He's athletic, can shoot the three, run the floor and defends well. He's a quality big and He's still improving. While I still take Maxey over him 7 days a week, in no way is he a bad basketball player.

He’s a surprisingly good shooter and switchable 1-5.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#520 » by Foshan » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:14 am

Arsenal wrote:Don’t ban craptor fans. Like their small and weak team, they’re just too easy to pick on!

Like low hanging fruit :nod:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers