ImageImageImage

The Precious Achiuwa BREAKOUT game!: Game 3, Sixers @ Raptors 4/20 8:00pm EST NBATV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,919

Re: The Precious Achiuwa BREAKOUT game!: Game 3, Sixers @ Raptors 4/20 8:00pm EST NBATV 

Post#661 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:53 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:
phillynative wrote:Is anyone here gonna give Doc credit for that timeout ? lol

Haha good call. Way to be Doc.

If you look carefully you can see both Sam and Harden nudge Doc and tell him to call a timeout. Did you see how he just casually walked down the court to call it like he had all the time int he world. :lol:

Seriously good call Doc

I need to watch that over again this morning. I thought at the time the TO call was unusually heads up for Glenn.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,450

Re: The Precious Achiuwa BREAKOUT game!: Game 3, Sixers @ Raptors 4/20 8:00pm EST NBATV 

Post#662 » by Eyeamok » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:55 pm

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:The play was great. But the commentary..

Read on Twitter

My eardrum exploded

They were painful all night, just brutal. It's the most blatantly amateurish broadcast team I've ever heard watching college or pro sports, bar none. They actually detract from the enjoyment of a win like that one.

1st series is about to be over. You’re not missing much, NBAtv covered the game with brendan haywood and somebody. They didn’t do a good job compared to the recent 2 games but im sure kate and alaa did worse lol

Honestly last night I thought I was listening to a Raptors home game feed on NBATV
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,839

Post#663 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:See? I told you so!

It's time for atonement.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#664 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:01 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
They were painful all night, just brutal. It's the most blatantly amateurish broadcast team I've ever heard watching college or pro sports, bar none. They actually detract from the enjoyment of a win like that one.

1st series is about to be over. You’re not missing much, NBAtv covered the game with brendan haywood and somebody. They didn’t do a good job compared to the recent 2 games but im sure kate and alaa did worse lol

Honestly last night I thought I was listening to a Raptors home game feed on NBATV

Maybe because they called the OG goaltend as a block, thats one point in the game where I felt i was watching Raptors feed.

I like Raptors feed btw. Not the best but they are good.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,919

Post#665 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:02 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Fine, I'd take it happily. I hate watching games muted, but had to do that at times just to be able to watch it without the distraction of those two. I watched the final few minutes muted a couple of times afterward just to be able to enjoy it. Never heard a sports broadcast that consistently wretched.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 833

Post#666 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:03 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:
phillynative wrote:Is anyone here gonna give Doc credit for that timeout ? lol

Haha good call. Way to be Doc.

If you look carefully you can see both Sam and Harden nudge Doc and tell him to call a timeout. Did you see how he just casually walked down the court to call it like he had all the time int he world. :lol:

Seriously good call Doc

I couldn't figure out why he didn't use the time-out to start that possession. Call everybody over and draw something up. Then maybe you don't have the mess that ensued.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#667 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
AI_Efficiency wrote:Haha good call. Way to be Doc.

Seriously good call Doc

I couldn't figure out why he didn't use the time-out to start that possession. Call everybody over and draw something up. Then maybe you don't have the mess that ensued.

Because everyone was expecting Nurse to foul. Even the NBATV guys. Nurse was also calling his guys to foul but it never came
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#668 » by Eyeamok » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:09 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just a bad gamble.

I think Nurse was thinking Danny wont be a threat for there was not enough time to pass it back to him and even so, its gonna be quite a long distance shot for him to make it.

But then it made it a lot easier to pass the ball to embiid.

Tobias set a “Draymond/KG” screen that delays Achiuwa to recover. Embiid curls. Its basically an open shot for Biid. With his height, he wont even notice FVV is in front of him.

Excellent post.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#669 » by Eyeamok » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:13 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just a bad gamble.

I think Nurse was thinking Danny wont be a threat for there was not enough time to pass it back to him and even so, its gonna be quite a long distance shot for him to make it.

Tobias set a “Draymond/KG” screen that delays Achiuwa to recover. Embiid curls. Its basically an open shot for Biid. With his height, he wont even notice FVV is in front of him.

Nurse should've simply called one of his two remaining time-outs there after seeing the Sixers' setup, instead of hollering at VV to make an adjustment on the fly. Instead he took one of those time-outs home with him.

Nurse and his timeout at home.

Marlo
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#670 » by Sixerscan » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:16 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just a bad gamble.

Excellent post.

I assume the thought was that Embiid might flash to the rim, not sure what VanVleet was gonna do about that though lol.

VanVleet just shouldn't have been on the court if they didn't trust him to stay with Maxey. I guess they didn't think Danny would inbound the ball.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#671 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just a bad gamble.

Excellent post.

I assume the thought was that Embiid might flash to the rim, not sure what VanVleet was gonna do about that though lol.

VanVleet just shouldn't have been on the court if they didn't trust him to stay with Maxey. I guess they didn't think Danny would inbound the ball.

I was listening to a raps podcast by will lou. He said something similar where FVV is out of place. FVV is short to help the offscreen shooter nor help if Embiid flashes to the rim. He said, the guy who should be the helper (FVV’s role) should have been better with Boucher.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#672 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Im watching the game for the third time now. Im at 2nd quarter.

What’s concerning for me is we allowed sooooo much dribble penetration. And these are non top tier scorers.

And all this does is turn the game into a drive and kick contest.

Raps way of collapsing the defense:
Siakam drives to the middle
Trent 2 man game
FVV 2 man game

If Embiid challenges Siakam, he can drop it to someone at the paint

If Embiid challenges the shooter off the 2 man game, the paint is weakly protected and gave them an easy time to crash ORebs.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#673 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:41 pm

76ciology wrote:Im watching the game for the third time now. Im at 2nd quarter.

What’s concerning for me is we allowed sooooo much dribble penetration. And these are non top tier scorers.

Trent 2 man game
FVV 2 man game

If Embiid challenges the shooter off the 2 man game, the paint is weakly protected and gave them an easy time to crash ORebs.

Yeah, it's concerning. Those are definitely the type of things we struggle against. Players like Kyrie, Darius Garland, Trae Young, etc...They eat us up all game with dribble penetration. I'm not sure how that can be fixed. It would help if we added another wing defender that could switch and guard those type of players in those situations. But stopping that along with rebounding has been our issue all year long. It's the main reason why I wanted to avoid the Nets in the first round. It's extremely frustrating trying to stop that and we continue to get burned by teams that can do that. Like I said, I don't know what's going to fix that. Another wing defender? If so who's minutes do they take? Reed is a possibility if he can continue to improve. I know these minutes he's getting in the playoffs are very valuable for him right now.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#674 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:42 pm

The reason why we trailed in the first quarter.

We let Maxey create
We let Tobi create
Embiid struggled in the left baseline

2nd half:

Embiid starts attacking at the elbow and he was highly successful.

The biggest reason why we struggled was whenever Embiid forces it in the paint in the left baseline during the first quarter the Raps would trap him to go down deep force him into TOs either by traveling or passing it out with very limited vision

Raps showed little respect on Harden. Let me tell you something.. among guys with atleast 7 iso possessions per game, Harden is second among all the guys with 1.04ppp. Harden is no slouch. The reason why he struggled was because of the help defense. You can’t disrespect Harden on offense.

It also exposed Maxey average at best shot creation. Without the gravity Harden creates, Maxey isnt really tough to defend.

Defensively, we switched to zone at the 7 minute mark of the 2nd and slowed down the Raps offense.

Then in the 2nd half, both Tobi and Embiid literally shut down Siakam.

4th qtr and OT. Both Maxey and Tobi stepped up on defense. They went from average defenders to almost elite. Ben looked like Ben on his man to man defense while Maxey crashed the boards and did a good job on recovery in 2 man game defense.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,425

Post#675 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:48 pm

The standout to me from the series that will probably bite us in the ass and be our downfall is that OG is killing us. Big scoring wings have always been our kryptonite and if OG is doing this to us I hate to imagine what happens vs Tatum/Brown.

But if our top 4 guys are playing this we’ll we have a shot against anyone. I’d be super bullish on this team if we just had a little more depth.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#676 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:49 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
76ciology wrote:Im watching the game for the third time now. Im at 2nd quarter.

Trent 2 man game
FVV 2 man game

Yeah, it's concerning. Those are definitely the type of things we struggle against. Players like Kyrie, Darius Garland, Trae Young, etc...They eat us up all game with dribble penetration. I'm not sure how that can be fixed. It would help if we added another wing defender that could switch and guard those type of players in those situations. But stopping that along with rebounding has been our issue all year long. It's the main reason why I wanted to avoid the Nets in the first round. It's extremely frustrating trying to stop that and we continue to get burned by teams that can do that. Like I said, I don't know what's going to fix that. Another wing defender? If so who's minutes do they take? Reed is a possibility if he can continue to improve. I know these minutes he's getting in the playoffs are very valuable for him right now.

I posted in the Raps board. They asked me where I think they went wrong or what they lacked.

I told then straight up. They need someone who can punish Embiid if he dont step up on the 2 man game.

Once Embiid steps up, we’re left naked defending the paint. They can also crash for ORebs easier because they have more length and athleticism.

It’s no surprise Gary Trent Jr plays well against us. All he does is to snake dribble on those 2 man game and pull up.

How to fix this?

Right now believe it or not, we have James Harden as our secondary rim protector. Thats one of the reason why he got fouled out. And also why he has something like 2-3 blocks last game. I called him the 6’6 Draymond Green in G2.

Zone defense and our guards recovering quicker then letting Embiid return to the paint also are other solutions
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,011

Post#677 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:03 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:See? I told you so!

It's time for atonement.

Great takes since 2024-04-20
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#678 » by Eyeamok » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:06 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:The standout to me from the series that will probably bite us in the ass and be our downfall is that OG is killing us. Big scoring wings have always been our kryptonite and if OG is doing this to us I hate to imagine what happens vs Tatum/Brown.

But if our top 4 guys are playing this we’ll we have a shot against anyone. I’d be super bullish on this team if we just had a little more depth.

Not even 24 hours after an epic win and we are already worried about defending athletic wings....us philly fans are a rare breed. Can we just keep our eyes on the prize and concentrate on beating the Raptors and then taking out Atlanta in the next series !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously I share your concerns.

Marlo
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,839

Post#679 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:17 pm

I'm booing Thybulle from my living room if this goes to game 5. Barnes will be back and we can use all the size/length we can get to defend this team.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#680 » by Murray_17 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:22 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I'm booing Thybulle from my living room if this goes to game 5. Barnes will be back and we can use all the size/length we can get to defend this team.

Call me a nerd and a supertitious Moffo but i would hate this series going to 5.

We have win all the first round series with Embiid 4-1 only to lose on the second round.

4-1 is just bad juju :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers