Raptors go EXTINCT: Game 4, Sixers @ Raptors 4/23 2:00pm EST TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Axxon
Ballboy
And1: 18

Re: Raptors go EXTINCT: Game 4, Sixers @ Raptors 4/23 2:00pm EST TNT 

Post#321 » by Axxon » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:37 pm

Stephen a Smith hating on the Sixers! Lol

He’s hoping for validation because he was against the James Harden move.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#322 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:49 pm

Axxon wrote:Stephen a Smith hating on the Sixers! Lol

He’s hoping for validation because he was against the James Harden move.

Dude is washed up, but even a washed up James Soften is better than peak Bum Simmons lmao
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Axxon
Ballboy

Post#323 » by Axxon » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:58 pm

We will have to see how the game goes but if Embiid plays as bad as he did today - he’s gonna have to change his game but can still be just as valuable. When he draws a double team he’s going to have to get rid of it quick to rotate the ball for an open J, or a dive to the rack by Harris or Maxey. He can get the hockey assist so to speak. He can probably save some more energy for defense. It will be up to him - if he’s willing to do that? I’m not so sure that he is however.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#324 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:32 am

Jokes on you I don’t go to parties
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Axxon
Ballboy

Post#325 » by Axxon » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:49 am

Just went over to the Miami board , they are pretty down right now. They think the Lowry hammie is going to hinder him for about a month, and Jimmy is hurt worse than what he’s letting on. Joel is hurt but Miami will not be 100% either it appears. We can win that match up guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#326 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:00 am

Axxon wrote:Just went over to the Miami board , they are pretty down right now. They think the Lowry hammie is going to hinder him for about a month, and Jimmy is hurt worse than what he’s letting on. Joel is hurt but Miami will not be 100% either it appears. We can win that match up guys.

Nothing will lift your spirits like playing the Sixers in the second round
Axxon
Ballboy

Post#327 » by Axxon » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:06 am

Stanford wrote:
Axxon wrote:Just went over to the Miami board , they are pretty down right now. They think the Lowry hammie is going to hinder him for about a month, and Jimmy is hurt worse than what he’s letting on. Joel is hurt but Miami will not be 100% either it appears. We can win that match up guys.

:lol:

Unless it’s 1983

Fo fo fo
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,913

Post#328 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:29 am

The last two games looked as if they were being played in a mud pit, which is the only way the Raptors can compete. The uglier and more herky-jerky the game, the better for the less talented team. I was counting on a split in Toronto, and even though it would have been nice to sweep their asses, it's be over on Monday.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#329 » by Embiid P » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:33 am

Stanford wrote:

I wonder what our record in the second round is since 1983? I'm thinking it's 1-10 if not worse.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,512

Post#330 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:25 am

Embiid P wrote:
Stanford wrote:

I wonder what our record in the second round is since 1983? I'm thinking it's 1-10 if not worse.

I've been following this team since the 89-90 season and I can count one time out of 10 or more appearances that we've made it past the second round and that was on a Vince Carter 50/50 ball that damn near went in. Even if we do beat the Raptors, I don't think we're getting past Miami. Still need to beat the Raptors though. Man, I'm so down even after this one loss. I really thought we should have closed it out. Between that and the Embiid thumb injury it's just taken the wind out of the sails for the time being.
Axxon
Ballboy

Post#331 » by Axxon » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:25 am

Embiid P wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Lol

No
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#332 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:48 am

That Jimmy injury was one of the most blatant cheap shots I've seen yet not a peep on the general board about it.

Guy literally closefisted punched him in the ribs
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,137

Post#333 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:04 am

spikeslovechild wrote:

That Jimmy injury was one of the most blatant cheap shots I've seen yet not a peep on the general board about it.

Didn't see it - who?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#334 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:05 am

Sixers Defense:

Similar to game 3, sixers switched to zone defense with around 7 minutes remaining in the second quarter.

But unlike game 3, Raps came prepared and had Thad play quarter back at the middle of the zone that destroyed our defense by pulling out Embiid and taking advantage of Boucher being defended by our weak defender and other cutters.

Remember when the Raps would attack Siakam, drop it to a cutter at the rim and score? They added another layer with Thad.

Siakam drives. Drops it to Thad. Then Thad passing to the cutting Boucher who’s being defended by our midget.

Siakam was on fire but I do think Harris, Reed and Embiid were all OK to good on their defense. This game I think Raps respected Tobi’s defense and they hunted Niang’s defense and this lead to Siakam’s big game.

Siakam scored easily on Niang. Embiid did had some trouble scorinh against Thad and the Raps defense. Yikes..

Sixers did a really bad job limiting second shot opportunities. The Orebs lead to 2-3 3pters this game if im not mistaken.

Sixers Offense:

Similar to game 3, Embiid struggled when attacking at the post. Embiid has more success attacking from the FT line area. Facing up.

But unlike game 3, Embiid never really switched it up. Yes, he did some face-up but he still had a lot of post/left baseline 1v1 possessions.

Embiid should know by now that the refs are less likely to blow their whistle if he tries to attack from the post. And he saw it on game 3 and he saw it again this game.

Thad was the X factor for the Raps this game. Thad made Embiid look like Mozgov when Warriors played smallball. Whenever Embiid scores or shoots, Raps would push hard
down the court with Embiid trailing on defense.

Sixers tries to punish the Raps playing Thad by C. Embiid bullying Thad in the post does not work. So they tried letting Thad switch to Harden where Harden has been effective and was again effective on ISO against Thad.

Harden for me played a good game. But in games like this where Embiid is as I would describe it “spiritually absent”, Harden should show his value where he can revert to a more Houston version of Harden. Im not saying he should revert back to his MVP form always, but what im hoping is that he should have a switch when we need him to be one.

The other night I saw the Suns without Booker beat the Pels. It was a tight game and CP3 just took over down the stretch. Its the same thing I want from James. I thought he showed some signs of being able to do that when he scored like 8 pts in the 4th quarter at some point trying to single handedly get the game close. But I selfishly want more..

Maxey again showed his a fool’s gold. He’s really average at best in getting separation and is just feeding off the gravity James is getting.

The brightspots in this game are both Reed and Tobias. I thought Reed played a good game. His defense against Siakam was good, Siakam just made those shots. He also knocked down a 3. I hope we can see some Tobias-Reed-Embiid 3-4-5 in the future.

Tobias didnt have a great shooting night. He knocked down 1 3pter via a stepback at the left wing. But he played aggressive and efficient on both ends.

Overall:

We lose this game simply because..

Siakam scoring against good defense vs Embiid struggling against bad defense

Then you add that Raps has both 10 FTA disparity. They shot 35 FTAs, 12 more than their season average.

I dont know if there was a team we faced that had more FTAs than us since we got Harden.

Then you add the fact that they have 5 less TOs and 5 more ORebs.

You lose on the 1v1 scoring contest..
you got less extra points from FTs…
And you got less opportunities with TOs and OREBS.

It was a steep mountain to climb.

Brightside? We just lose by 8pts. This should have been atleast 20 if we faced the Bucks.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#335 » by Mik317 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:18 am

game was lost off of turnovers and rebounds giving the Raptors easy buckets. Our halfcourt offense isn't great but theirs is worse. They lived on some tough shots made today.

Biid playing hot potato with the ball and being a hoe on the boards lost us this one. Can't have both happen and expect to win.

Better win game 5...and do so early.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,137

Post#336 » by Arsenal » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:21 am

TOR halfcourt offense is straight garbage. They can't score unless we hand it to them with TOs or let them get ORebs. Just like how they beat us in the regular season.

Just don't turn the damn ball over and we win going away.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,913

Post#337 » by mjkvol » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:52 am

Arsenal wrote:TOR halfcourt offense is straight garbage. They can't score unless we hand it to them with TOs or let them get ORebs. Just like how they beat us in the regular season.

Just don't turn the damn ball over and we win going away.

This is it, sweet and simple. We turned the ball over and gave them second and third opportunities off of offensive rebounds, it isn't any more complicated than that. This is not a really good team, but give any team two and three shots and have numerous empty possessions and chances are good it will result in a loss.

The free throw numbers were a joke as well. They had 35 FT's to our 25 - we led the league in FT's attempted, and they were what, 25th? We didn't lose the game because of the officials, but it certainly didn't help.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#338 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:17 am

Arsenal wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

Didn't see it - who?

At around 30 seconds. The guy thinks it was collins that caused it but Hunter punched him in the ribs as he ran by (intending to punch the ball) which is why he basically ran into Collins body instead of elevating at the basket.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#339 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:33 am

Regarding FTs. I’d like to mention that Siakam average 5FTAs in the regular season and 4 FTAs in the playoffs. Sixers has done a great job of defending Siakam on single coverage and this is shown by his 4FTAs, -4ppg (22ppg vs 18ppg) average reg season vs playoffs and 40FG%.

Siakam tonight got 15FTAs, 3x more than his regular season average and almost 4x his average in the last 3 games.

Raps average 22 FTAs per game in the reg season, they got to the line 35 times. Usually teams go to the line above their mean only when the opposing team can’t stop the scorer due to mismatch.

If it’s because of Niang. Then yes, we lose because of US.

If it’s not because of Niang, then we lose because of the refs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#340 » by VDT » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:32 am

The whistle was obviously favouring the Raptors but i still didnt like what i saw. We are going to meet more talented teams that will be able to play a similar kind of defense.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers