Cameroonian Carnage: Game 5 Raptors @ Sixers 4/25 @ 8 pm ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Re: Cameroonian Carnage: Game 5 Raptors @ Sixers 4/25 @ 8 pm ET 

Post#521 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:44 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:We need guys with fire. Guys like Pat Bev, Marcus Smart, Crowder. Our spirit gets broken way too easily. If Embiid is down there's no one to rally the troops.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Agreed. We should be sponsored by charmin

:lol: :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,987

Post#522 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:44 am

Mik317 wrote:i am in such a bad space over this **** team

i think I am done for good....I don't like how watching this **** and reading about this **** team makes me feel man.

I was so invested in The Process working man. All the people told us it wasn't. Its all I ever wanted this team to do...and we **** it up...whereas teams like the very same Raptors **** us up the ass right now have a gaggle of young dudes who like eachother and play hard and ****. They have a coach that isn't some past his prime boomer (This series is not on Doc IMO.....these are grown ass men playing like hoe ass bitches. The coach can only do so much). They have a GM who isn't some twitter fingers ass nerd who only has one idea or desperately wants to imrpess daddy or his peers. And the failure of us will be used as evidence to never try it again ...all thanks to the old **** who got salty Hinkie was gaming the system.

its like nothing I get invested in **** works out man. The only team in this city that has won is the one I don't really care about lol...

i just can't do this anymore lol.

like what is the **** point...if every year the team basically loses the same way.

flail into the playofss, play well initially....then someone gets hurt...and we go out sad as ****. Like even the Bubble year...there was a brief moment that you thought maybe Shake moving Ben off ball might work....then Ben's pussy got hurt and he bailed. I can't have **** with this team...so what am I **** doing w/ my time and energy? I watch other teams and basic **** comes easy. We finally get a star...and he's a center who seems to be cursed by Satan himself in a league that requires high power offensive guys....its Iggy all over again in a sense...super talented but just not what this **** **** ass sport requires and the team arround him just refuses to get basic ass **** to even make it work. We finally get him a running mate...and he's old and busted and still not really what we need. I love Maxey but until he gets a bag (one of the hardest things to get) he is back to a 6th man at best. Tobias has been our best player so I have nothing bad to say about him but we won the first game when maxey exploded for points...Biid has not been able to do that and the Raptors won't really let him and even when he does it comes off FTs...which doesn't happen in the playoffs. I can't deal right now.

sorry for the emo post...but I need to get it off before the panic attack start lol.

I get testy with yall a lot but I really do enjoy talking basketball with yall despite everything. I don't know how much I can continue if this team keeps making me feel like dying lol.

see yall game 6 but not really...gonna watch the draft

Not a sixers fan but it does suck to see Hinkie's work not getting the payoff it deserves. So much amazing talent and assets were pulled together by that genius. It got eroded by morons and still the team is very good. I consider that a success.

Also, you need a lot of luck to win a championship, Sixers just haven't had a lot go their way.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,847

Post#523 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:44 am

NYSixersFan wrote:I think we need to pop the Kork on Thursday. We also need a much more aggressive Maxey. He needs to be the primary ball handler, not Harden. I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face.
Maxey simply doesn't have the court vision to be that guy. Harden is much better finding open guys.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#524 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:45 am

If Embiid plays this way at the C position, then why not like Niang play center?

Hell, DAJ would even have been a better lob option for Harden.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#525 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:46 am

Mik317 wrote:I hate Doc.

Think he left Tiise in for a bit too long but Danny is old as **** and simply can't go for a lot of minutes.

But I am also tired of it being the coaches fault. Since **** Mo Cheeks, it was always the coaches fault...Doc is telling them to oush it...they aren't and they are shook. Not much a coach can do about it at that point. I am even more shocked we won game 3...this team has never shown the ability to overcome bad starts lol.

Its super obvious how games will end up.

we are done. Not going to win this series and its not all Doc's fault. Love the big guy and what he means...but he is the last remaining guy from the start of this era man. And the common theme is that he gets sick/hurt/tired and the team collapses around him because of his absence either physically or emotionally. Tobias is too nice. Maxey is too nice and young. Harden is another aloof doofus like Ben. Ferry''s dog mentality **** is dumb but sadly may have merrit to it...maybe not for your main star but you need some dudes who will be mad when the team is dying. Kawhii isn't a guy I'd consider a dog but Kyle is and dudes like Ibaka and Gasol were firey enough to make up for Kawhii's robot ass lol. Went to LA and while they had Morris and Beverly ...neither were good enough to make up for it . Draymond is not a great player but dude is a leader who is the **** that team needs to function IMO. Biid is still our toughest guy....but his body doesn't seem to want to cooperate and that is just barely and when things are going his way otherwise he is the classic big bully who gets by on being big as ****.

and its not going to change. Morey is going to sign more analytic darlings, overpay Harden and even if the season goes well...Biid will break his eye socket or some **** and mope around. I am tired yo

Doc sucks.

I've posted his before but on of the underrated worst parts about the Simmons situation last year was the distraction it gave Doc to not be fired for his poor coaching. I do believe Doc leaned on Simmons, mans a pro at looking like a good coach without being one.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,917

Post#526 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:47 am

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:
That one i agree. I thought he should play Niang over Thybulle when Thybulle looks out of sync.

But Harden and Embiid didn’t play like superstars. Both guys turned the ball over more than the Raps squad. Trent Jr and Siakam looked like better players than Harden and Embiid.

People say Harden and Embiid didn’t run PnR. Yes, because Raps can just switch it.

And if Harden and Embiid gets trapped and kick it out. We can’t knock down open 3s. We already surround these two with shooters, what else can we ask for.

Starting the second quarter with Reed and Thybulle on the court might be the single dumbest (of many) coaching moves Rivers has made in this series, and coming back with him again in the third? Incredible.

Why would he sit there and allow Embiid to camp out the entire game at the 3 pt. line? Why was there no rhyme or reason to the offense, zero flow, zero sense of a plan? I agree that our main guys played badly, but this was a game where a good coach makes a difference.

You watch Nurse, constantly active, making play calls and adjustments. When they come out of a time out, it is generally a crisp possession. Can you honestly say the same for the Sixers? At some point it has to register that this guy has been in charge of so many playoff meltdowns, and we see it happening again right in front of our eyes.

And his answer is that we have some sort of hidden gear we're waiting to spring on the Raptors?

Nurse didnt even need to call for plays when Embiid just keeps getting blown by Achiuwa.

Its just constant. Drive, drop pass. Easy basket at the paint.

I also don’t know how Doc would have made a difference with all the live ball TOs we have. It was just too sloppy and lazy on the part of our guys.

Embiid gets trapped, he kicked it out. All the guys are covered with Raps length. Maxey cant even get his shot up and has to attack the closeout instead because boucher was flying all over the place.

Third quarter, green gets wide open 3s and we’re missing shots. But to be fair to green, he already had his quota.

When it comes to energy and effort, our guys played like its one of these regular season basketball where you can just raise the white flag because the ball isnt bouncing your way.

If there’s something i would have want from doc is he could have scolded our guys in the locker room to make them play with more energy and purpose

I don't agree that there's nothing he can do about Embiid spending the game at the 3 pt. line, and if there is lack of energy or interest then it's time to put a jolt into them somehow. He sits there and waves his arms at bad calls, otherwise he looks like he's in a coma.

Tell you this, I was imploring him to totally empty the bench with about five minutes left and send a message to these guys that the effort is not acceptable.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM

Post#527 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:47 am

Everytime we lose bad. We talk about “The Process”

Bro.. you have possibly the most talented team in the league right now.

It’s not a talent issue. Ghosts of Dario Saric, Robert Covington and Timothe Cabarut isnt going to save you.

2019, you have one of the most talented roster.
2021, you again have one of the most talented roster.

Its not a roster issue.

You just cAn’t baby Embiid. If Embiid plays consistently like Giannis, you possibly have beated the Raps in 2019 and has beaten the Raps right now.

You have a scapegoat issue.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,605

Post#528 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:48 am

I think people are way overstating the fire, intensity and even Doc Rivers angle. Are they factors? Sure. But the coaches have changed, the GM has changed. The Sixers still haven't looked like an elite team. The reason for that is because they don't have good enough players.

Embiid is great, but he's always hurt in the playoffs, so that is a factor. The guys who win championships: Lebron, Giannis, Curry, etc. Because they're the best in the league and they're rarely hurt.

The Sixers still have not been able to get that elusive 30 ppg elite perimeter scorer. People are overstating Harden being "done" and I think the hammy is a factor, but regardless of that he hasn't been the 30 ppg perimeter guy. Until the Sixers get that, they aren't going to win a title. That is true now, and has been true throughout the entire process. You can't win championships without elite perimeter play unless one of your bigs is so dominant, and even then you can only get away with a little less than elite perimeter play. Bucks last year, Middleton was absolute money for them in the playoffs.

So, if Harden isn't that guy, then the search for that guy continues. And until they find it, you can blame intensity, toughness, killer instinct, and Rivers all you want... talent is the issue. Not gonna win in the playoffs when your one perimeter guy is average 18.5 and sub 40% shooting and your other best perimeter guy completely disappeared. Especially not when your best player is playing hurt.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,232

Post#529 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:48 am

76ciology wrote:You guys need to demand more on Embiid. You can’t keep babying him. This kind of performance isn’t acceptable. We’ve seen it before and its frustrating
Yup agreed.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,917

Post#530 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:50 am

zimpy27 wrote:Doc sucks.

I've posted his before but on of the underrated worst parts about the Simmons situation last year was the distraction it gave Doc to not be fired for his poor coaching. I do believe Doc leaned on Simmons, mans a pro at looking like a good coach without being one.

That's about as well put as I've seen it said.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM

Post#531 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:51 am

Your franchise player is pushing for MVP. He’s not Pascal Siakam. He should not need much from your coach.

Ever see Michael Jordan struggle and fans blame Phil Jackson?

Watch the game.. Embiid’s performance was just disgusting.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#532 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:58 am

If you would look at the numbers and would sum up why we lose this game..

We got a lot of wide open 3s this game at 37 attempts but only made 10.

Harden, Embiid and Maxey all played subpar in scoring. But it could be part of Raps plan to overload them and let our shooters take 3s against their elite rotating defense.

Almost twice the number of TOs to Raps is also a killer
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#533 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:59 am

76ciology wrote:Your franchise player is pushing for MVP. He’s not Pascal Siakam. He should not need much from your coach.

I think you have to understand the limits that a Center can play in the playoffs of the modern NBA. Opponents can strategize to limit their impact and Raptors are doing that. Happens to super high-impact Cs like Gobert and Jokic too.

This is why you go for Harden. Harden is the disappointing one.
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#534 » by AreBe » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:00 am

ankle420breaker wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Definitely a loss. Writings on the wall for an imminent collapse. Havent really played well the last 2 games, Embiid with another playoff injury coming off a weak game 4, Doc down 3-1, etc.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
Joel's not that guy.

Doc found zero answers all game.

1st team in NBA history to lose a series after leading 3-0.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

Take it to be true that:
1, The 76ers are more talented- Sure, the Raptors have some serviceable players and a few are better than average and are a legitimate playoff team but the talent is not as good as the 76ers.
2, The best player in the series is wearing a Sixers uniform.
BUT, 3- Coaching matters, and Nick Nurse, arguably, is the smartest, if not the best, coach in the NBA- the Raptors may lose, but they are not losing by sticking to proven ineffective strategies- try anything, and if it works, great! But if you are going to lose, at least try losing 20 different ways.

Sad news for Sixers fans, but a joyous Beethoven Choral fantasy for Raptors fans. (NOTE: this is all because of Nick Nurse.

To the Raptors ears that sounds like this:
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#535 » by mksp » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:00 am

76ciology wrote:You guys need to demand more on Embiid. You can’t keep babying him. This kind of performance isn’t acceptable. We’ve seen it before and its frustrating

Every time myself and others tried to people lost their minds.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#536 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:04 am

Read on Twitter

Official team’s twitter knew what will happen
76ciology
RealGM

Post#537 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:05 am

zimpy27 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Your franchise player is pushing for MVP. He’s not Pascal Siakam. He should not need much from your coach.

I think you have to understand the limits that a Center can play in the playoffs of the modern NBA. Opponents can strategize to limit their impact and Raptors are doing that. Happens to super high-impact Cs like Gobert and Jokic too.

This is why you go for Harden. Harden is the disappointing one.

I can understand that if Embiid was giving 100% and falling short
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 617

Post#538 » by brannigan73 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:07 am

Thybulle really deserves to be ripped also. That little stint he had in the first half really hurt the Sixers. Missed several wide open jumpshots, bricked two free throws, a dumb turnover when he passed out of a wide open corner 3 right to a Raptor, and a dumb foul on Trent when Embiid would have blocked Trent or forced him to pass. He is such an over-rated player. There are no one way players in the NBA. Come playoff time you need to be able to make a few shots or you cant play. He has not improved one iota on offense since coming into the NBA.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,838

Post#539 » by Negrodamus » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:15 am

I think Embiid’s hand is preventing him from doing what he wants on offense, particularly dribbling. Now he’s an assist converter, which isn’t his usual role. Need to avoid the 0-3 comeback and finish up the playoffs so we can build a team more fitted for Harden, Maxey, and Embiid. We’re not winning with this iteration of him.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#540 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:17 am

Btw.. even Paul Reed was awful this game. His hands are made of stone

Return to Philadelphia 76ers