Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,535

Re: Round 2: Heat vs Sixers 

Post#121 » by 76ciology » Wed May 4, 2022 6:19 am

Im watching the Bucks-Celts G2 replay.

Celts run a Grant Williams-Al Horford-Robert Williams at 3-4-5

Im thinking to solve rebounding or solve size/rebounding problem why not..

Tobias-Niang-DJ
Tobias-Milsap-Reed

Something like that..

P.S. i dont like Milsap and DJ but I’m just finding ways to solve the problem given what we have
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#122 » by phillynative » Wed May 4, 2022 10:09 am

76ciology wrote:Im watching the Bucks-Celts G2 replay.

Tobias-Niang-DJ
Tobias-Milsap-Reed

Something like that..

P.S. i dont like Milsap and DJ but I’m just finding ways to solve the problem given what we have

I think the celtics can get away with that at times because not only are Williams and Horford reliable to defend out to the peremiter but also knock down open 3s.

I really don't get the point of Milsap tbh. I had faint idea that he had stretch 4 capabilities but looking up his stats that never really was his game. He was somewhat playable 2 seasons ago with Denver but that man is 37 and has always been undersized.Maybe you could get away with playing him spot mins with a more athletic team but we aint that.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#123 » by Foshan » Wed May 4, 2022 11:01 am

phillynative wrote:

Tobias-Niang-DJ
Tobias-Milsap-Reed

Something like that..

I think the celtics can get away with that at times because not only are Williams and Horford reliable to defend out to the peremiter but also knock down open 3s.

I really don't get the point of Milsap tbh. I had faint idea that he had stretch 4 capabilities but looking up his stats that never really was his game. He was somewhat playable 2 seasons ago with Denver but that man is 37 and has always been undersized.Maybe you could get away with playing him spot mins with a more athletic team but we aint that.

Yeah kinda annoying that Reed and Bassey have played like 2 mins together all year. Who would have thought we might need big help in the playoffs
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,902

Post#124 » by mjkvol » Wed May 4, 2022 12:29 pm

Foshan wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Tobias-Niang-DJ
Tobias-Milsap-Reed

Something like that..

Yeah kinda annoying that Reed and Bassey have played like 2 mins together all year. Who would have thought we might need big help in the playoffs

This game is kind of an acid test for Doc - will he stay with something that failed as dreadfully as in game 1, or will he take a more flexible approach of trying things that might be out of his comfort zone to possibly steal a win?

It's such a shame that he has young, talented players that might have been the perfect antidote in this series and possibly moving forward, and never saw fit to throw them out there in the regular season to really see what he might have.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM

Post#125 » by 76ciology » Wed May 4, 2022 12:39 pm

phillynative wrote:

Tobias-Niang-DJ
Tobias-Milsap-Reed

Something like that..

I can see what you’re saying.

Im thinking maybe we can use him like how Raps use Thad. Let him be at the middle of the zone, or let him roll to the basket.

Milsap has been a decent rebounder and decent DBPM numbers. His +/- isn’t also as bad as DJ (yikes!)

Im not a fan of Milsap and I hate him at C. But from what our options are, I think its worth a shot.

I think he can be a decent PF on defense and a decent scorer at Thad Young scoring range at very limited minutes. While Reed could be better as a spot up shooter or a lob threat.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#126 » by 76ciology » Fri May 6, 2022 5:11 am

Dont you guys find that there’s always a very attractive lady sitting near our bench that wears eye catching clothes? I know it’s Miami but.. i dont know

In game 2 she looks like Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games lol
76ciology
RealGM

Post#127 » by 76ciology » Fri May 6, 2022 1:27 pm

After listening to spike eskin’s podcast..
1.) so weird to have Niang be a plus player despite all his struggles
2.) maybe Harden’s “lack of burst” makes the defense less respect his drives that allows them to be closer than him that explains his struggle on his shot
3.) heat defense is more advanced than our offense. Heat defense is dynamic. It goes from man to zone to whatever. Our offense is basically a heavy does of isolation from Harden, Maxey or Harris.
4.) im thinking why can’t we give more respect to Herro like how Heat respect Harden
5.) playoff defense is different from regular season defense. Reg season is more of team/deflection defense while playoff defense is more of switch and man to man. This is why Thybulle’s value of defense plumets while Tobi has improved as a defender
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,902

Post#128 » by mjkvol » Fri May 6, 2022 2:44 pm

76ciology wrote:After listening to spike eskin’s podcast..
2.) maybe Harden’s “lack of burst” makes the defense less respect his drives that allows them to be closer than him that explains his struggle on his shot
3.) heat defense is more advanced than our offense. Heat defense is dynamic. It goes from man to zone to whatever. Our offense is basically a heavy does of isolation from Harden, Maxey or Harris.
4.) im thinking why can’t we give more respect to Herro like how Heat respect Harden
5.) playoff defense is different from regular season defense. Reg season is more of team/deflection defense while playoff defense is more of switch and man to man. This is why Thybulle’s value of defense plumets while Tobi has improved as a defender

#5 is yet another reason to dump Thybulle while he still has any value. I honestly don't want to see him, Shake, or Korkmaz on this roster next season.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#129 » by Arsenal » Fri May 6, 2022 3:06 pm

76ciology wrote:Dont you guys find that there’s always a very attractive lady sitting near our bench that wears eye catching clothes? I know it’s Miami but.. i dont know

Saw a meme that it's Harden's favorite stripper in Miami lol.

Psychological warfare by the Heat.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#130 » by 76ciology » Fri May 6, 2022 3:06 pm

Seems to me, to start, the Heat would run man to man.

We then try to run a screen play to set Harden to attack iso.

Then what Heat do is they would turn from man to man into a zone defense when Harden is on ISO about to attack the defender. This will negate the mismatch.

As a comparison look how Heat defends Tobias, seems like its rarely zone defense even when he tries to attack via post up
Spoiler:
[youtube] [youtube] https://youtu.be/8AfIxnAiYWc[/youtube][/youtube]

Watch how Heat zones up Harden on game 1

Heat can afford to have their bigs be out of position in zone because we dont have anyone who can flash in the paint and punish them. So its easy for them to change from man to zone instantly.

For instance if we do the same thing and we have korkmaz at the middle, we then can’t just change into zone for we respect Bam or Jimmy to attack Kork’s defense.

Our guys also need to counter this by knowing how to position and they can’t just space the floor and dont move.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#131 » by 76ciology » Fri May 6, 2022 3:08 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:Dont you guys find that there’s always a very attractive lady sitting near our bench that wears eye catching clothes? I know it’s Miami but.. i dont know

Saw it meme that it's Harden's favorite stripper in Miami lol.

I think in G1 she was wearing some ridiculous red dress.

We should let someone who look very much like rachel nichols sit at the row of the Heat bench.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#132 » by Eyeamok » Fri May 6, 2022 3:33 pm

Arsenal wrote:

Saw a meme that it's Harden's favorite stripper in Miami lol.

Oh that who that bi...young lady is. Thank you sir
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#133 » by Murray_17 » Fri May 6, 2022 3:39 pm

76ciology wrote:After listening to spike eskin’s podcast..

1. He's futured on all our small-zone line ups, he fouled out after 10 minutes too. It's not difficult to see why he was positive in game
3. The heat defense is never gonna stop clogging the paint if our shoters don't start making their shots. Maxey is being checked by Bam because of the size adventage, he's gonna struggle on the frontcourt without Embiid.
4. Our wing defense sucks, nothing we didn't knew coming into this series, Herro is getting switched onto Maxey everytime he wants.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers