ImageImageImage

The Phantom of the Process returns to South Beach: R2G1, 05/02 7:30 PM EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,844

Re: The Phantom of the Process returns to South Beach: R2G1, 05/02 7:30 PM EST 

Post#541 » by mjkvol » Wed May 4, 2022 2:06 am

SixthStreet wrote:I honestly believe you guys are nuts if you think Rivers is going to reduce Jordan's minutes in game 2. This guy has a pretty impenetrable track record of playing poorly performing veteran bigs he's attached to over clearly more impactful younger ones in the playoffs. Ask Clipper fans.

It'll be a big reason we drop game 2 but accepting it is worse than holding out hope for more Reed or a Bassey appearance.

I agree with this. Rivers can't now go with a Reed/Bassey/small ball center rotation, for one because he will have caved to the media and gone against the alleged requests of his players, and because, as Sixth Street said, this is his M.O. - always has been and always will be.

He has spent a career going down with the ship, and it would be shocking to see him change what he is at this point.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,419

Re: The Phantom of the Process returns to South Beach: R2G1, 05/02 7:30 PM EST 

Post#542 » by 76ciology » Wed May 4, 2022 3:53 am

I hope some guys could make a deep dive on why we suck on rebounding and how we can improve on it.

My guess is our rebounding scheme has our big grabbing boards with the rest of the guards boxing out. But Reed is overpowered while sometimes Biid and Reed are busy contesting shots and this left no one to crash the boards.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers