ImageImageImage

Embiid injured: Thread take 2. ***Expect tasteless posts to get warnings***

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,921

Re: Embiid injured: Thread take 2. ***Expect tasteless posts to get warnings*** 

Post#41 » by mjkvol » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:37 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
phiphan wrote:Just ban them. No need for warnings.

This is the correct take. I understand the restraint of giving warnings, and under most circumstances it's a good way of policing, but this fan base should be one strike and you're permabanned (if that's possible). They are only here to troll.

Agree with this. I got a bit carried away responding to one troll, and generally never bother with them for the reason that they are looking for any kind of response - it's their lifeblood.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#42 » by Murray_17 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:02 pm

thenbaman wrote:I think if embiid is to miss a game it will be monday only if that,we may be surprised.

Concussion protocols mean he is out for at least 7 days, so he should miss games 1 and 2 at least, no matter how bad the fracture is
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,921

Post#43 » by mjkvol » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:20 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
thenbaman wrote:I think if embiid is to miss a game it will be monday only if that,we may be surprised.

Concussion protocols mean he is out for at least 7 days, so he should miss games 1 and 2 at least, no matter how bad the fracture is

I believe it's five days? That would have him at least eligible to play in game 2.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#44 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:53 pm

If I'm not mistaken, in the NFL which is by far more physical than the NBA, it's five days, then they have to log at least one full practice start to finish. My guess is Jo misses two games and comes back unless they just decide to shut it down considering that he already has the thumb issue. Who knows? I doubt he misses more than two games, but that's just my take on this. Like I said, there may be more to that thumb then we know. He's pretty beat up, but thankfully it's not a knee, ankle or foundational injury. I'm sure the elbow is still hurting too but we kinda forgot about that one. He's a tough SOB, and he'll be back.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Post#45 » by Arsenal » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:58 pm

I expect him back in Game 3 *unless* we're somehow up 2-0 after the first 2 games in Miami. In that case they'll sit him for Game 3 and if we lose then he'll be back in Game 4.

Obviously unlikely.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,581

Post#46 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:53 pm

Arsenal wrote:I expect him back in Game 3 *unless* we're somehow up 2-0 after the first 2 games in Miami. In that case they'll sit him for Game 3 and if we lose then he'll be back in Game 4.

Obviously unlikely.

up 2-0 and at home, I would play Jo.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#47 » by Tony Franciosa » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:08 pm

my wife, who still needs me to explain what a technical foul and a flagrant foul is almost every game she watches, constantly was pointing out how much Siakam was swinging his elbows on every. single. drive. If it's clear to her, it should be clear to the rest of the league. He's dirty.

spikeslovechild wrote:It was a dirty play by a dirty player. Siakam is a punk. Hope business gets handled next time we play them

Also don't forget the trip. This is who he is.

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#48 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter

"We made the run the last minute" (before the substitutions at 3:58)

Bull****

8:31 - 26 point lead

7:29 - 26 point lead

6:49 - 27 point lead

5:46 - 28 point lead

The lead was 25+ points for several minutes, the subs should've have been made much earlier, and you made a stupid, stupid mistake.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,701

Post#49 » by stormi » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:48 pm

Canadian6ersFan wrote:Watch out for this madman to come out around game 3 or 4.

Last time it happened, in the 2017 playoffs, the Sixers beat the Heat 4-1 :D

Have faith, my brothers. We have injuries, they have injuries. All is not lost.

This pic is so cold. Embiid emerging from the ashes of Gotham to sail the ship after we return from South Beach deadlocked at 1-1.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 833

Post#50 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:17 pm

This is a blessing in disguise in my opinion, as long as Embiid can return for game three, because I don’t think they were going to win the first two games anyway, and now this gives him the rest that prevents the typical exhaustion crash he’s prone to experiencing that he might’ve otherwise had in game three after playing the first two games in Miami. This may give them quite a better shot of winning games three and four, as well as the rest.

Call the first two games “load management” if you will.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#51 » by agiaco » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:24 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:This is a blessing in disguise in my opinion, as long as Embiid can return for game three, because I don’t think they were going to win the first two games anyway, and now this gives him the rest that prevents the typical exhaustion crash he’s prone to experiencing that he might’ve otherwise had in game three after playing the first two games in Miami. This may give them quite a better shot of winning games three and four, as well as the rest.

No, it's not. He was concussed and has a broken face.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#52 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:27 pm

agiaco wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:This is a blessing in disguise in my opinion, as long as Embiid can return for game three, because I don’t think they were going to win the first two games anyway, and now this gives him the rest that prevents the typical exhaustion crash he’s prone to experiencing that he might’ve otherwise had in game three after playing the first two games in Miami. This may give them quite a better shot of winning games three and four, as well as the rest.

Yeah I’m not saying it’s a good thing in terms of his personal health. I’m saying it’s possibly a blessing in disguise for the team in terms of their chances of beating Miami.
agiaco
Analyst

Post#53 » by agiaco » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:34 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
agiaco wrote:

Yeah I’m not saying it’s a good thing in terms of his personal health. I’m saying it’s possibly a blessing in disguise for the team in terms of their chances of beating Miami.

So a week of rest for the already injured Embiid will be the recipe for success in winning 4/5 games? I like the optimism but it's very difficult to put a positive spin on the current situation. Hope the team can pull off what they did at the end of the season (w/o Joel) and at least take one in Miami and at home.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,755

Post#54 » by phillynative » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:39 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
phiphan wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Pretty embarrasing bunch

Seriously. With all the talk of ‘karma’ while gleefully celebrating Embiid’s injury, it would be a shame if something terrible happened to their prized rookie. But the karmic wheel must turn.

Don’t do this. Either of you.

If you want to trash other teams fans just don’t do it here.

If only this trigger was as quick with the trolls that invade this board.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#55 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:46 pm

agiaco wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
agiaco wrote:

So a week of rest for the already injured Embiid will be the recipe for success in winning 4/5 games? I like the optimism but it's very difficult to put a positive spin on the current situation. Hope the team can pull off what they did at the end of the season (w/o Joel) and at least take one in Miami and at home.

It’s not difficult to put a positive spin on it if you simply relabel the situation “load management,” and consider that they were unlikely to win the first two games anyway, while making Embiid’s typical exhaustion crash in games three and four more likely.

Again that’s only if he can come back in game three. The Sixers with a rested Embiid are far more likely to win games three and four, than are the Sixers with an Embiid experiencing his typical exhaustion crash.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Post#56 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Tony Franciosa wrote:my wife, who still needs me to explain what a technical foul and a flagrant foul is almost every game she watches, constantly was pointing out how much Siakam was swinging his elbows on every. single. drive. If it's clear to her, it should be clear to the rest of the league. He's dirty.

spikeslovechild wrote:It was a dirty play by a dirty player. Siakam is a punk. Hope business gets handled next time we play them

Also don't forget the trip. This is who he is.

Yep, down 30 throwing elbows.

It is what it is. We'll see what the sixers are made of next time we face them
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Post#57 » by Arsenal » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
agiaco wrote:

Totally absurd :crazy:
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#58 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:51 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
agiaco wrote:

Right, it’s totally absurd to think that the Sixers would lose the first two games in Miami even with Embiid, and then play the following two games with Embiid experiencing his typical exhaustion crash and therefore be unlikely to win those as well. :-?
agiaco
Analyst

Post#59 » by agiaco » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:53 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:Yeah I’m not saying it’s a good thing in terms of his personal health. I’m saying it’s possibly a blessing in disguise for the team in terms of their chances of beating Miami.

Right, it’s totally absurd to think that the Sixers would lose the first two games in Miami, and then play the following two games with Embiid experiencing his typical exhaustion crash, and then be unlikely to win those as well. :-?

What is this exhaustion crash you keep talking about lol. Dude's the MVP. There is no positive in Embiid being out games 1 and 2.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#60 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:55 pm

agiaco wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Right, it’s totally absurd to think that the Sixers would lose the first two games in Miami, and then play the following two games with Embiid experiencing his typical exhaustion crash, and then be unlikely to win those as well. :-?

What is this exhaustion crash you keep talking about lol. Dude's the MVP. There is no positive in Embiid being out games 1 and 2.

If you don’t believe Embiid’s career has been characterized by regular peaks and valleys in his performance, the valleys of which might be labeled an “exhaustion crash” or whatever else you want to call them, then we can agree to disagree.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers