ECSF Gm 6: 76ers (2-3) V Heat (3-2) | Thr 5/12 7:00PM EST ESPN

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Re: ECSF Gm 6: 76ers (2-3) V Heat (3-2) | Thr 5/12 7:00PM EST ESPN 

Post#521 » by 76ciology » Fri May 13, 2022 6:01 am

I’ll say it again.

To play elite defense you need a couple of big 4&5s similar to Celts or Bucks. Where as the length of your frontcourt can make up the size of your backcourt.

Why Heat? Tucker played center for the Rockets and Embiid can’t bulldoze him 1v1

We got neither of that this playoffs.

Offensively, I think we’re on the right path. Our ISO game is great and we can generate open 3s. But defensively, we’re probably the worst in the entire playoffs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sam Hinkie
Junior
And1: 337

Post#522 » by Sam Hinkie » Fri May 13, 2022 6:04 am

Nothing upsets me more than Embiid posting up from the 3 point line against an above average post defender. It wastes so much energy and it isn't even an efficient possession. Those plays need to be removed next year.

I have no idea how this team can improve. It needs to get both better offensively and defensively. I wouldn't be shocked if Maxey is traded. He's my favorite player on the team but I don't see how else they can improve enough to be a title contender. He is still ascending & and his prime won't line up with Harden's and Embiid's timeline.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#523 » by 76ciology » Fri May 13, 2022 6:11 am

I think we’ll trade Tobias and go hard for Jerami Grant and probably Olynyk.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,072

Post#524 » by MorbidHEAT » Fri May 13, 2022 6:12 am

I've been a Heat fan near all my life, but I was a big Charles Barkley and Iverson fan as well. Its a shame what Ben Simmons did to your organization and just poor decision making in some cases. I think Harden will be better next season than he showed this season, but for you guys, Maxey has to turn into the number 2 and be effective. Hopefully for you guys you don't resign Harden to an extension.

In full disclosure, I had Miami winning in 5 without Embid and in 6 with Embid. As amazing as Embid is, he can't do it alone. Hopefully he gets some help next year. The fact that Embid was out there was amazing.

Wishing your front office a successful summer.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#525 » by 76ciology » Fri May 13, 2022 6:13 am

Sam Hinkie wrote:Nothing upsets me more than Embiid posting up from the 3 point line against an above average post defender. It wastes so much energy and it isn't even an efficient possession. Those plays need to be removed next year.

I have no idea how this team can improve. It needs to get both better offensively and defensively. I wouldn't be shocked if Maxey is traded. He's my favorite player on the team but I don't see how else they can improve enough to be a title contender. He is still ascending & and his prime won't line up with Harden's and Embiid's timeline.

He can’t get the ball down deep. They’ll front him and he wont have space to receive it.

I also like Maxey, i find him overrated but he’s a good fit for Embiid and Harden.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#526 » by 76ciology » Fri May 13, 2022 6:15 am

MorbidHEAT wrote:I've been a Heat fan near all my life, but I was a big Charles Barkley and Iverson fan as well. Its a shame what Ben Simmons did to your organization and just poor decision making in some cases. I think Harden will be better next season than he showed this season, but for you guys, Maxey has to turn into the number 2 and be effective. Hopefully for you guys you don't resign Harden to an extension.

In full disclosure, I had Miami winning in 5 without Embid and in 6 with Embid. As amazing as Embid is, he can't do it alone. Hopefully he gets some help next year. The fact that Embid was out there was amazing.

You guys are too classy. Never trolled (as far as i know), even when we were down 0-2.

Good luck to you guys! Love to root for a team that makes up the talent difference with playing it smart and playing it the right way.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#527 » by Foshan » Fri May 13, 2022 6:42 am

76ciology wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:I've been a Heat fan near all my life, but I was a big Charles Barkley and Iverson fan as well. Its a shame what Ben Simmons did to your organization and just poor decision making in some cases. I think Harden will be better next season than he showed this season, but for you guys, Maxey has to turn into the number 2 and be effective. Hopefully for you guys you don't resign Harden to an extension.

You guys are too classy. Never trolled (as far as i know), even when we were down 0-2.

Good luck to you guys! Love to root for a team that makes up the talent difference with playing it smart and playing it the right way.

lol yes, we've had more Raptors & Brooklyn trolls in the Heat series than Heat trolls. Props to the Heat fans. :nod:
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#528 » by MVP1992 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:22 am

FFS I didn't watch one game of the finals due to work.

I'm not watching one game replay.

For the Aussies, 'NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!'
9-0

‘We’ll teach Donald Trump a valuable lesson: don’t mess with the women in America unless you want to get the benefit’. Joe Biden
Kova
Veteran
And1: 710

Post#529 » by Kova » Fri May 13, 2022 7:39 am

The skeletons are finally out of the closet. Here's what we learned:

1) We let go Butler because we decided to sign Tobias to a max deal.
2) Butler owned Harden in every aspect of this series.
3) We're not going anywhere with Harden because he doesn't have a game for playoff basketball. He is too predictable. If he wants to be a pass first PG, then he can't dribble the ball 20 seconds and pass to bail out.
4) Joel is not on Giannis level, no matter how hurt he was. Giannis is not letting his team lose.
5) Spoelstra outcoached Doc.

So where do we go next? If we can get out of Harden's contract for an all-star, I'd do that, and try to get better role players. Do we need to change the coach - yes, perhaps, but atm I don't know who the good candidate would be.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 710

Post#530 » by Kova » Fri May 13, 2022 7:41 am

To win in the playoffs, you need dogs. Jimmy Butler, Jrue Holiday, PJ Tucker, Draymond.. Those are players that make the difference. Our players shrunk. Niang, Thybulle, Harden..., nowhere to be found..
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 600

Post#531 » by brannigan73 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:43 am

Sam Hinkie wrote:Nothing upsets me more than Embiid posting up from the 3 point line against an above average post defender. It wastes so much energy and it isn't even an efficient possession. Those plays need to be removed next year.

Maxey is going nowhere. Maxey is a huge positive because he is a good player and cheap. If you trade Maxey you can only bring back $3 million in players if he is the only player leaving in the deal. I guess you could package him and Harris together but to take that gamble it better be one hell of a deal. If they bring back Harden and Harris they wont be able to improve the team except around the margins. Thats just life. Im hoping they can somehow package Harris and Thybulle together for players that make more sense then what we have currently. Thats if Harden is back. In a perfect world we could somehow clean the slate of Harden and Harris and retool on the fly around Embiid and Maxey.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 600

Post#532 » by brannigan73 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:59 am

BTW apparently Buckets shrieked they chose Tobias Harris over me after the game lol. God I love that guy. The stuff that was supposedly negative about him in Philly like standing up to coach idiot a few times I loved.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,021

Post#533 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 13, 2022 9:36 am

brannigan73 wrote:BTW apparently Buckets shrieked they chose Tobias Harris over me after the game lol. God I love that guy. The stuff that was supposedly negative about him in Philly like standing up to coach idiot a few times I loved.
Yeah there's a clip that I and someone else posted about it.

Here it is again, if you didn't see.

Read on Twitter
?t=6-EGEJi85tcjE58aJEH1hQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,468

Post#534 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri May 13, 2022 9:42 am

Well...Jimmy wasn't exactly wrong. That was the beginning of our demise.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,900

Post#535 » by kuclas » Fri May 13, 2022 9:47 am

76ciology wrote:

He can’t get the ball down deep. They’ll front him and he wont have space to receive it.

I also like Maxey, i find him overrated but he’s a good fit for Embiid and Harden.

Yup. The low post game is gone in todays nba. You bring back real illegal defense. Teams cannot scheme to prevent embiid from getting the ball deeper. Or embiid can methodically back down defenders like Charles Barkley methodically just back down defenders waited and waited for the double to come and pass out or split the double

The hedge fake double teams with help defenders make it really hard today. Cause they can be in between. Unlike pre 2001 rules.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,936

Post#536 » by dshearn » Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 am

Keep your heads up

I really think the 76s have a bright future. The base parts are there, they just need more time to develop Maxey and Thybulle.

Harris and Maxey needed less then Embiid to win the first two games. 76ers just need to figure out how to keep Harris and Maxey attacking when Embiid stalls out or get something, anything out of Harden.

After watching a few seasons of Herro, what Thybulle was doing to him was effective. If they can get Thybulle's 3 to be reliable I think half that battle is won.

Loosing sucks, but you guys are right in it the talent there can win the east.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#537 » by blargh » Fri May 13, 2022 10:58 am

The Heat were the better team this series, but let’s not read too much into these last two games. Embiid was basically a shell of himself at the end: you could tell he was really trying to avoid contact to protect his face. On defense, Embiid was a deterrent based on reputation, but the Heat figured out he wasn’t going to actually jump to challenge shots, which made our whole drop scheme a farce. Doc probably should have changed it up, but never did.

On offense, the simple solution for how they were playing Joel is to constantly involve him in screens, but he just looked reluctant to do it: again i think he was trying to protect the face.

This isn’t a knock on Joel: he gave it his all. It’s just a commentary on how important he is right now in our schemes on both sides.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#538 » by ankle420breaker » Fri May 13, 2022 10:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:BTW apparently Buckets shrieked they chose Tobias Harris over me after the game lol. God I love that guy. The stuff that was supposedly negative about him in Philly like standing up to coach idiot a few times I loved.

Read on Twitter

Embarrassing. Elton should resign.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,021

Post#539 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 13, 2022 11:14 am

ankle420breaker wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

Embarrassing. Elton should resign.

Yup

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#540 » by ankle420breaker » Fri May 13, 2022 11:20 am

Aside from Maxey, I'm ready for wholesale changes (including exploring Embiid trades). This roster is spineless from top to bottom and I'm over supporting a team that never seems to want it more than their opposition.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers