ImageImageImage

Having a bench scorer would alleviate the majority of our problems

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Re: Having a bench scorer would alleviate the majority of our problems 

Post#41 » by HardenGoat » Sun May 15, 2022 4:30 am

blargh wrote:Definitely wouldn’t hurt to have more depth, but I feel like it has to be guys who can complement Harden, Maxey, and Harris, since two of those three will be in every bench lineup.

I know he’s a knucklehead, but Christian Wood would check a lot of boxes for us. I wonder if Thybulle, Korkmaz, and a couple of second rounders would get it done. I think they’ll want to give Sengun more minutes as he’s a better fit for their core.

Gordon and Nwaba would be great. They both have the Ferry “dog” mentality. Wood would be a huge question. He’s been pushed around a lot when things get heated.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#42 » by sixers4real » Sun May 15, 2022 5:03 am

HardenGoat wrote:
blargh wrote:Definitely wouldn’t hurt to have more depth, but I feel like it has to be guys who can complement Harden, Maxey, and Harris, since two of those three will be in every bench lineup.

I know he’s a knucklehead, but Christian Wood would check a lot of boxes for us. I wonder if Thybulle, Korkmaz, and a couple of second rounders would get it done. I think they’ll want to give Sengun more minutes as he’s a better fit for their core.

Gordon and Nwaba would be great. They both have the Ferry “dog” mentality. Wood would be a huge question. He’s been pushed around a lot when things get heated.

That’s my thinking as well.

Ideal trade of Harris + Thybulle + pick or swap if needed for Wood, Nwaba and Gordon. Works salary wise.

Try to sign Beverly as well.

And one more trade of Milton + Korkmaz + Green?

C - Embiid / Reed / Bassey
F - Wood / Reed / Niang
F - TRADE / Nwaba / Niang
G - Maxey / Gordon / Joe
G - Harden / Beverly / Springer

That’s a much improved roster to me
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#43 » by Iverson Armband » Sun May 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Wood is the definition of soft and we don’t have any picks to trade lol
always a jump shot away.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,512

Post#44 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun May 15, 2022 2:31 pm

I like Christian Wood, I like what he's done at times in Houston. Even Lebron was impressed with him. I don't see him as a center at all and Houston has played him at that position. To me, he's more of a power forward that can stretch the floor and get his own shots. Defensively he's not very good, but he's an above average rebounder in my opinion. The guy averaged close to 10 boards a game and we were awful on the boards this year. He'd be a welcomed addition just based off of that. I also like Julius Randle in a trade if that were possible. People will complain about the fit with Embiid and they may be right, but I like Randle for a multitude of reasons. He's tough, good rebounder, can create for himself and for others, he can knock down threes, he's durable. I'm a big Julius Randle fan.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#45 » by Kobblehead » Sun May 15, 2022 2:48 pm

I've always liked Eric Gordon, but at this point, he's on the verge of the same trappings as Harden in that he's entering his mid-30s and he never took care of his body and he's going to hit the cliff hard. Not sure I can deal with two old fat guys who don't have gas in the tank to get shots up in the 2nd half of playoff games!
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#46 » by sixers4real » Sun May 15, 2022 2:49 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:Wood is the definition of soft and we don’t have any picks to trade lol

We do have 2nd round picks, we have swaps.

Even if Wood is soft, he’s no softer then $38M Tobias.
Gordon and Nwaba are nowhere near to soft.

Gordon can provide bench scoring and Wood is athletic and long and can rebound. The last time I checked, we lack all of that.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#47 » by sixers4real » Sun May 15, 2022 2:52 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I've always liked Eric Gordon, but at this point, he's on the verge of the same trappings as Harden in that he's entering his mid-30s and he never took care of his body and he's going to hit the cliff hard. Not sure I can deal with two old fat guys who don't have gas in the tank to get shots up in the 2nd half of playoff games!

Agree, but we’ll just need 22 MPG from him in playoffs for the rest of his contract. Maxey and Harden will avarage 37 MPG in playoffs again.

It’s not like I suggest giving anything for him except for Thybulle, that you hate and Tobias and his $38M
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#48 » by Iverson Armband » Sun May 15, 2022 3:11 pm

sixers4real wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Wood is the definition of soft and we don’t have any picks to trade lol

Gordon can provide bench scoring and Wood is athletic and long and can rebound. The last time I checked, we lack all of that.

Wood actually might be more soft than Tobias.
always a jump shot away.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#49 » by sixers4real » Sun May 15, 2022 3:15 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:
sixers4real wrote:

Wood actually might be more soft than Tobias.

I’ll take it for $14M instead of $38M. With addition of Gordon and Nwaba.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#50 » by Kobblehead » Sun May 15, 2022 3:17 pm

Christian Wood is an extremely low character bozo. I think Malik Beasley would fit the criteria I layed out in the OP but I discluded him for being an awful person. So even I like some of Wood's game, he's an awful person and I wouldn't feel great about having him here.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#51 » by Mik317 » Sun May 15, 2022 5:52 pm

we just had a bunch of guys say that the team was soft and gave up...and you want us to trade for a guy who refused to re-enter a game this season.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#52 » by 76ciology » Sun May 15, 2022 6:13 pm

Yes, but it would solve the problem.

Look at the remaining teams in the playoffs.

Jimmy scoring 30-40pts
Giannis scoring 30-40pts
Tatum scoring 30-40pts
Curry or Klay scoring 30-40pts
Booker scoring 30-40pts
Doncic scoring 30-40pts

Damn.. even Siakam scoring 30-40pts almost beat us in G6, if not for Harden scoring 30pts.

The league won’t make you make past the second round when your top player is struggling to stay healthy in the second round.

Open your eyes.
Playoffs wants some inspiring herculean story.

If your top player continues to falter.. you got no choice even if you have 10 Tyler Herros playing off the bench for your team.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mik317 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:06 pm

Grant WIlliams has 27 points in a game 7

has anyone scored more than 20 for us all year off the bench?

you need these outlier performances in the playoffs.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#54 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun May 15, 2022 10:18 pm

Mik317 wrote:Grant WIlliams has 27 points in a game 7

My hope was that Milton would provide that, but he never did. Never really had the chance to either. But yes...You absolutely need performances like this in the postseason. Grant Williams may not ever do that again for the remainder of his career, but he did it, and he did it when it mattered the most. That's the difference between teams that win and teams that lose.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mik317 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:38 pm

the thing with Shake is that we had him stand in the corner off ball all season...his best moment came when he was allowed to look for his own shot more

not sure he's good enough for that role tho
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#56 » by ankle420breaker » Sun May 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Aside from maybe Reed, the entire bench should already be up for sale. I'd dangle Thybulle for a scorer like Beasley or Colby White.

Joe Ingles should be affordable in free agency coming off an injury and aging. Underrated play maker and true outside shooter who'd really improve our pace.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,425

Post#57 » by Jailblazers7 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:52 pm

Coby White is unplayable in a series against a good team imo. I’m interested in a potential Rockets deal but Morey is blacklisted from that franchise lol.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#58 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun May 15, 2022 11:00 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Aside from maybe Reed, the entire bench should already be up for sale. I'd dangle Thybulle for a scorer like Beasley or Colby White.

Joe Ingles should be affordable in free agency coming off an injury and aging. Underrated play maker and true outside shooter who'd really improve our pace.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

If you can get Coby White for Thybulle you do it, but I personally think that the Bulls will hold onto him. Zach Lavine is all but gone. White should be looking at a much bigger role next season. I absolutely want no part of Malik Beasley at all. That guy can stay in Minnesota. Joe Ingles is an old white guy who tore his ACL in January. Why on earth would we want him here? We need to get younger and more athletic on the wings. I think everyone can agree with that. Joe Ingles provides none of that. In fact, I don't think Ingles plays in the NBA again...EVER.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#59 » by Kobblehead » Sun May 15, 2022 11:17 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Coby White is unplayable in a series against a good team imo. I’m interested in a potential Rockets deal but Morey is blacklisted from that franchise lol.

I find that hard to believe. Especially when Tyler Herro has been a major building block of a team that has had a couple of deep playoff runs. Also, Devin Booker is the face of the best one of the best teams in basketball over the last couple of years.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,914

Post#60 » by mjkvol » Sun May 15, 2022 11:28 pm

Mik317 wrote:Grant WIlliams has 27 points in a game 7

That's the beauty of drafting well. Tatum and Brown - high picks that became stars. Williams - late first who has turned into a solid role player / spot starter. The best teams draft their core high and sign UDFA's and FA's to fill roles. But then you already know that.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers