ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1301 » by Arsenal » Tue May 30, 2023 3:43 pm

Tyrese Maxey put up superstar numbers in games without Harden or Jo. If Harden leaves he's going to become a star.

Which is why that may be the best solution. Maxey and Harris can more than pick up the scoring slack if Harden departs. Plus we clean up our books to make a big splash next summer.

That's why we'd have to be blown away to trade Maxey away now. Trading him for quasi-stars like Beal or Anunoby ain't gonna happen.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,848

Post#1302 » by mjkvol » Tue May 30, 2023 4:53 pm

the_process wrote:
mjkvol wrote:I'll never get the desperation to get rid of Maxey, as if he's a toxic asset. We finally have a home grown kid who works his ass off and wants to be a star here, and people can't run him out of town fast enough.

I don't want to hear that he's our only tradeable asset when the net result is bringing back empty stats dreck like Bradley Beal or Buddy Hield or a guy the Raptors want to dump. If I'm trading Maxey and have to see him blossom into a star elsewhere, it had better be part of a deal for a true difference maker.

It's not desperation. It's just seeing the situation.

The situation here certainly appears to be this is a team that wants to win a title right now. Morey's track record is to chase star level players, players that have been All Stars and All NBA, regardless of how we may feel about their value.

Maybe I'm wrong, and they see they cannot win, so they are taking a step back and evaluating. I think that's asking Embiid to ask out, though. And I don't know why Nurse would have come for a back door rebuild. But I suppose they could try to sell everyone on offseason 2024 clean books max cap space? Maxey couldn't even handle coming off the bench for a month though, and you know he wants his max extension now.

I'm just saying I don't want to trade a kid like that for some retread loser with a 'name' like Beal or Hield. You're not winning anything with guys like that, snd the team just becomes unwatchable. As part of a Kawhi deal? Now we're talking.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#1303 » by 76ciology » Tue May 30, 2023 6:12 pm

Arsenal wrote:Tyrese Maxey put up superstar numbers in games without Harden or Jo. If Harden leaves he's going to become a star.

Which is why that may be the best solution. Maxey and Harris can more than pick up the scoring slack if Harden departs. Plus we clean up our books to make a big splash next summer.

That's why we'd have to be blown away to trade Maxey away now. Trading him for quasi-stars like Beal or Anunoby ain't gonna happen.

For real or part of the sales talk to Raps fans here for them not to ask more than maxey?

You need to use wink emoji to give us the heads up if its just part of the sales talk
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#1304 » by Arsenal » Tue May 30, 2023 6:15 pm

76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Tyrese Maxey put up superstar numbers in games without Harden or Jo. If Harden leaves he's going to become a star.

For real or part of the sales talk to Raps fans here for them not to ask more than maxey?

You need to use wink emoji to give us the heads up if its just part of the sales talk

It's not "sales talk" and I couldn't care less what Barneys fans think. Of course you don't agree since you've been dying to get rid of Maxey from the jump.

Maxey is going to put up 25/6/5 next year if Harden walks. We're not just throwing him into a trade.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1305 » by 76ciology » Tue May 30, 2023 6:46 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:

It's not "sales talk" and I couldn't care less what Barneys fans think. Of course you don't agree since you've been dying to get rid of Maxey from the jump.

Maxey is going to put up 25/6/5 next year if Harden walks. We're not just throwing him into a trade.

For sure
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#1306 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue May 30, 2023 8:47 pm

I’d be all for this if we could get something decent in return for Harden. I think if he leaves for nothing it sets us back quite a bit tbh.

On another note, I do think it’s interesting Embiid was involved in the interview process but not Harden. Could just be because Harden is a FA, but I don’t know the rules with something like that.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,704

Post#1307 » by the_process » Tue May 30, 2023 8:54 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:

I’d be all for this if we could get something decent in return for Harden. I think if he leaves for nothing it sets us back quite a bit tbh.

On another note, I do think it’s interesting Embiid was involved in the interview process but not Harden. Could just be because Harden is a FA, but I don’t know the rules with something like that.

Why would Harden be part of the process if they already know he's gone? All the reporting available indicates James is gone. Hiring Nurse seems to be admitting as much.

Is it wrong to hope the Suns hire Glenn Rivers?
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1308 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue May 30, 2023 8:59 pm

the_process wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Why would Harden be part of the process if they already know he's gone? All the reporting available indicates James is gone. Hiring Nurse seems to be admitting as much.

Is it wrong to hope the Suns hire Glenn Rivers?

Everyone but Windy is saying he’s gone, and Windy is the person I trust the most lol. I don’t know what to think tbh.

There would be one less contender if Phoenix hires Glenn. So, no, it’s totally fine :wink:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1309 » by 76ciology » Wed May 31, 2023 4:52 am

The good thing about Maxey is he’s not gonna make the allstar team, so I dont know if he can make any qualifiers to make him eligible for some ridiculous contract. Only at $30M per year max at 5 years.

So im not really concerned of him getting overpaid.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1310 » by 76ciology » Wed May 31, 2023 4:54 am

Anyone wants to do a “total rebuild “ scenario?
Seems like fun.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,848

Post#1311 » by mjkvol » Wed May 31, 2023 1:34 pm

76ciology wrote:Anyone wants to do a “total rebuild “ scenario?
Seems like fun.

Fun for basketball nerds like us, but not for anyone else. Hard to imagine ownership getting behind the loss of playoff revenue, merchandise and ticket sales, and any interest in the team by casual fans, who are the bulk of the fan base.

You don't hire a coach like Nick Nurse and then tear it down, so it's a moot point anyway. I'd be very much in favor of a 'pause and reset' season, however, and really hope that the plan is not to go 'star hunting' this off season. Bringing in more bad contracts and career losers like Beal or Hield would be a disaster.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1312 » by 76ciology » Wed May 31, 2023 3:10 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:Anyone wants to do a “total rebuild “ scenario?
Seems like fun.

Fun for basketball nerds like us, but not for anyone else. Hard to imagine ownership getting behind the loss of playoff revenue, merchandise and ticket sales, and any interest in the team by casual fans, who are the bulk of the fan base.

You don't hire a coach like Nick Nurse and then tear it down, so it's a moot point anyway. I'd be very much in favor of a 'pause and reset' season, however, and really hope that the plan is not to go 'star hunting' this off season. Bringing in more bad contracts and career losers like Beal or Hield would be a disaster.

Which makes it perfect for a total rebuild, we can tell teams.. you better give me something we can’t refuse because we just hired nick nurse
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#1313 » by Mik317 » Wed May 31, 2023 3:56 pm

with our recent luck, we'd tear it down and draft a guy who forgets how to breathe while Biid goes on to somehow never get hurt again, lose weight and become the giant KD Jordan hybrid he wants to be and wins 6 in a row because **** me right
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,000

Post#1314 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed May 31, 2023 8:16 pm

Mik317 wrote:with our recent luck, we'd tear it down and draft a guy who forgets how to breathe while Biid goes on to somehow never get hurt again, lose weight and become the giant KD Jordan hybrid he wants to be and wins 6 in a row because **** me right

Nah he's just not that guy, not saying he could not be a key player in a championship team, but he would need to play second fiddle and focus more on defense. Bam Adebayo is probably a more useful playoff player than Embiid.
Horrible takes since 2016
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1315 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:51 am

If Harden stays, I nag Boston about a Jaylen-Maxey swap.

Harris/Maxey/2029 1st and 2028 swap for Jaylen/Smart

Harden/Smart/McClung
Melton/Springer/Korkmaz
Brown/House/Niang
Tucker/McDaniels
Embiid/Reed/Harrell

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#1316 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 1, 2023 11:34 am

I don't really get the OG stuff.

I mean, I get it in terms of him being a really good defensive wing that can shoot reasonably well.

But I don't get the star-upside angle of it. He's not Kawhi. he's not even Bridges. I don't think there's some massive offensive leap there. I think you've got more of a Jeremi Grant type situation of a guy who wants a bigger offensive role than he's actually qualified for. Maybe he could put up better counting stats, but the things he's best at would likely suffer.

I'd love him as an additive piece, but there's no way I'm giving up Maxey for him.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1317 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:18 pm

Is something like Tobias for Covington and Eric Gordon the simplest, most realistic type of move?

Lots of reunions there. Feels like a good basis for a deal. Maybe the Clips even add?

Clippers upgrade a starting spot, and get a guy that can scale up offense when Kawhi/PG miss time.

Sixers get better fitting pieces, add depth, cut some salary, don't add anything beyond this year to the books.

If Nurse wants a more ball pressure oriented, attacking defense you could go with something like:

Maxey
Melton
Harden
Covington
Embiid

Melton and Cov are elite deflections guys that can spot up offensively as your 4th/5th options. You ask Embiid for a DPOY season protecting the rim and get really aggressive in the passing lanes, which feels like Maxey's (only?) strength on that end.

Gordon can bomb off the bench. Tuck and Reed give you some reasonable depth at the 4/5. Maybe you keep Niang to give an offensive option there, even though I have a hard time seeing his fit with Nurse.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#1318 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:58 pm

I would pass because I'm out on Eric Gordon. He's never been a good playoff performer and he'll be 35 by the postseason.

Covington is interesting. There's leftover bad taste in my mouth from how awful he was in the 2018 playoff for us and some of the bitching he did about the city on his way out of Philly. But he had some big "playoff" moments for Houston during the 2020 bubble and was great for Portland in the 2021 playoffs. The Clippers didn't seem to think he had anything left in the tank this year, though. Maybe he hit the wall.

If we're moving Tobias Harris in a deal with the Clippers, I think Norman Powell has to be the guy coming back. Tobias Harris is a really good playoff player and Powell is the closest thing on the Clippers that can replace the scoring volume and efficiency that we'd be losing by letting Harris go.

Tobias Harris last three playoff runs (35 game sample): 18.1 ppg on 50.1% shooting
Norman Powell last three playoff runs (22 game sample): 16.3 ppg on 48.8% shooting

And Terance Mann has to be in the deal somehow. He's a proven playoff beast with tremendous size on the wing.

Tobias Harris ($39m)
Jaden Springer ($2.2m)

for

Norman Powell ($18m)
Terance Mann ($10.5m)
Robert Covington ($11.6m)
Jason Preston ($1.8m)
pick #48 in the 2023 Draft
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1319 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:02 pm

If you can get Powell and Covington alone I think that's a steal. Asking for Mann also feels like a reach.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#1320 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:10 pm

The Clips may be looking to cut costs but Balmer has deep ass pockets so who knows lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers