ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1321 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:17 pm

Covington was getting DNP coaches decision in the playoffs and only played 6 mpg in the 2 games he wasn't benched. They better include Terance Mann because Covington can't be considered a real asset at this time.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#1322 » by the_process » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:26 pm

youngcrev wrote:Is something like Tobias for Covington and Eric Gordon the simplest, most realistic type of move?

Lots of reunions there. Feels like a good basis for a deal. Maybe the Clips even add?

Clippers upgrade a starting spot, and get a guy that can scale up offense when Kawhi/PG miss time.

Sixers get better fitting pieces, add depth, cut some salary, don't add anything beyond this year to the books.

If Nurse wants a more ball pressure oriented, attacking defense you could go with something like:

Maxey
Melton
Harden
Covington
Embiid

Melton and Cov are elite deflections guys that can spot up offensively as your 4th/5th options. You ask Embiid for a DPOY season protecting the rim and get really aggressive in the passing lanes, which feels like Maxey's (only?) strength on that end.

Gordon can bomb off the bench. Tuck and Reed give you some reasonable depth at the 4/5. Maybe you keep Niang to give an offensive option there, even though I have a hard time seeing his fit with Nurse.

I feel Ike the easiest Harris trade to make is IND straight up for Buddy Hield. Buddy gives you that movement shooter to play DHO with Jo, and the deal also provides a ~20M TPE. Seems to me you could still grab Cov into that TPE if you wanted. Clippers weren't even playing him most of the time this year.

Reed and McDaniels should also both be re-signed at anything lower than 4-40.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1323 » by the_process » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:26 pm

The rumor mill linking VanVleet to the Sixers has begun.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#1324 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:38 pm

Keep Fred Van 6-for-16 from the field away from my Sixers, please.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#1325 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:39 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Is something like Tobias for Covington and Eric Gordon the simplest, most realistic type of move?

Lots of reunions there. Feels like a good basis for a deal. Maybe the Clips even add?

Clippers upgrade a starting spot, and get a guy that can scale up offense when Kawhi/PG miss time.

Sixers get better fitting pieces, add depth, cut some salary, don't add anything beyond this year to the books.

If Nurse wants a more ball pressure oriented, attacking defense you could go with something like:

Maxey
Melton
Harden
Covington
Embiid

Melton and Cov are elite deflections guys that can spot up offensively as your 4th/5th options. You ask Embiid for a DPOY season protecting the rim and get really aggressive in the passing lanes, which feels like Maxey's (only?) strength on that end.

Gordon can bomb off the bench. Tuck and Reed give you some reasonable depth at the 4/5. Maybe you keep Niang to give an offensive option there, even though I have a hard time seeing his fit with Nurse.

I feel Ike the easiest Harris trade to make is IND straight up for Buddy Hield. Buddy gives you that movement shooter to play DHO with Jo, and the deal also provides a ~20M TPE. Seems to me you could still grab Cov into that TPE if you wanted. Clippers weren't even playing him most of the time this year.

That would be a more optimal return. I question whether the Pacers would actually do it, even if it feels reasonable, and how he fits with Nurse.

Gordon/Covington was what I landed on in terms of "what's the least I would take in return for Tobias?"

It feels doable since I think trade value favors them, while pushing us in a direction that fits better with the scheme and personnel.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1326 » by the_process » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:07 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

Maxey
Melton
Harden
Covington
Embiid

That would be a more optimal return. I question whether the Pacers would actually do it, even if it feels reasonable, and how he fits with Nurse.

Gordon/Covington was what I landed on in terms of "what's the least I would take in return for Tobias?"

It feels doable since I think trade value favors them, while pushing us in a direction that fits better with the scheme and personnel.

Indy needs a PF and has a glut of younger guards that need burn. They also conveniently have a ton of cap space they won't be able to use.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,898

Post#1327 » by mjkvol » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:10 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Tyrese Maxey put up superstar numbers in games without Harden or Jo. If Harden leaves he's going to become a star.

Which is why that may be the best solution. Maxey and Harris can more than pick up the scoring slack if Harden departs. Plus we clean up our books to make a big splash next summer.

That's why we'd have to be blown away to trade Maxey away now. Trading him for quasi-stars like Beal or Anunoby ain't gonna happen.

I don't really get the OG stuff.

I mean, I get it in terms of him being a really good defensive wing that can shoot reasonably well.

But I don't get the star-upside angle of it. He's not Kawhi. he's not even Bridges. I don't think there's some massive offensive leap there. I think you've got more of a Jeremi Grant type situation of a guy who wants a bigger offensive role than he's actually qualified for. Maybe he could put up better counting stats, but the things he's best at would likely suffer.

I'd love him as an additive piece, but there's no way I'm giving up Maxey for him.

Totally agree. I've actually thought that Bridges is one of the very few players I might consider trading Maxey for, but BRK would never do it straight up, and I'm not adding a pick.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1328 » by mjkvol » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:25 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:If Harden stays, I nag Boston about a Jaylen-Maxey swap.

Harris/Maxey/2029 1st and 2028 swap for Jaylen/Smart

Harden/Smart/McClung
Melton/Springer/Korkmaz
Brown/House/Niang
Tucker/McDaniels
Embiid/Reed/Harrell

I understand that you like to push the envelope, but this is like pushing it off a cliff. I know that identities of players isn't nearly the same as the '80's when players were with the same team for their career and you developed real hate for certain players (ie the entire Celtics '80's bunch), but Marcus Smart is a major exception to the rule.

Bringing him in here would be as if we had traded for Ainge in 1985. Smart in a Sixer uniform is one of those things that will never be palatable. Maybe it's passe to not just "root for the jersey" as so many fans do these days, so I guess I'm a dinosaur in that regard. And you pour salt in the wound by putting Maxey in a Celtic uniform.

Or is this just a brilliant troll job that I fell for, hook, line, and sinker?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1329 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 1, 2023 2:52 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

Indy needs a PF and has a glut of younger guards that need burn. They also conveniently have a ton of cap space they won't be able to use.

I agree. Hell, I've posted that very deal before. It makes sense, but they'll have a lot of other options, and I don't know how high Tobias would rank among them. Being that they have cap space, they may prefer to keep Buddy and chase one of the FA forwards. Cam Johnson, Porzingis, Grant, Kuzma, Grant Williams, PJ Washington, Rui. Or maybe they trade for John Collins, who fits their timeline a little better. Or push some chips in for Pascal. Or try to get a young guy like Obi.

The Clippers on the other hand are in a position more similar to us in terms of being light on assets and flexibility.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1330 » by the_process » Thu Jun 1, 2023 4:45 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

I agree. Hell, I've posted that very deal before. It makes sense, but they'll have a lot of other options, and I don't know how high Tobias would rank among them. Being that they have cap space, they may prefer to keep Buddy and chase one of the FA forwards. Cam Johnson, Porzingis, Grant, Kuzma, Grant Williams, PJ Washington, Rui. Or maybe they trade for John Collins, who fits their timeline a little better. Or push some chips in for Pascal. Or try to get a young guy like Obi.

The Clippers on the other hand are in a position more similar to us in terms of being light on assets and flexibility.

If Indy won't do Hield, Covington and Gordon for Harris works for me.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#1331 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 1, 2023 5:23 pm

mjkvol wrote:

Harden/Smart/McClung
Melton/Springer/Korkmaz
Brown/House/Niang
Tucker/McDaniels
Embiid/Reed/Harrell

I understand that you like to push the envelope, but this is like pushing it off a cliff. I know that identities of players isn't nearly the same as the '80's when players were with the same team for their career and you developed real hate for certain players (ie the entire Celtics '80's bunch), but Marcus Smart is a major exception to the rule.

Bringing him in here would be as if we had traded for Ainge in 1985. Smart in a Sixer uniform is one of those things that will never be palatable. Maybe it's passe to not just "root for the jersey" as so many fans do these days, so I guess I'm a dinosaur in that regard. And you pour salt in the wound by putting Maxey in a Celtic uniform.

I’m dead ass serious lol. Smart seems like the most likely to get traded out of him, Brogdon, and White. I’d happily take any of the 3.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1332 » by mjkvol » Thu Jun 1, 2023 7:06 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Harden/Smart/McClung
Melton/Springer/Korkmaz
Brown/House/Niang
Tucker/McDaniels
Embiid/Reed/Harrell

I’m dead ass serious lol. Smart seems like the most likely to get traded out of him, Brogdon, and White. I’d happily take any of the 3.

Brogdon or White, absolutely. But not Smart, and I'm not giving them Maxey.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#1333 » by Arsenal » Thu Jun 1, 2023 7:26 pm

mjkvol wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Love how you hate Smart. He is definitely a modern version of that little twerp Danny Ainge lol.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1334 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 1, 2023 7:48 pm

mjkvol wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

So you want Brown and Brogdon or White for Harris alone?

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1335 » by mjkvol » Thu Jun 1, 2023 8:12 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

We're not getting Brown alone for Harris and Maxey. You don't think they'll get offers that blow that out of the water?

But if the Celtics were interested in Harris, I'd take Brogdon or White back in a heartbeat. If I was the Celtics, I'd dump Brown and Smart while I can, see what the market is for Brogdon, but definitely keep White.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1336 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 1, 2023 8:15 pm

Would the Clippers bite?

GSW out: Kuminga, Poole
GSW in: Harris

LAC out: Powell, Covington
LAC in: Poole

PHI out: Harris
PHI in: Powell, Kuminga, Covington'

Harden/Melton/Springer
Maxey/Powell/Korkmaz
Tucker/Kuminga/House
Covington/McDaniels/Niang
Embiid/Reed/Harrell

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1337 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 1, 2023 8:40 pm

mjkvol wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

We're not getting Brown alone for Harris and Maxey. You don't think they'll get offers that blow that out of the water?

But if the Celtics were interested in Harris, I'd take Brogdon or White back in a heartbeat. If I was the Celtics, I'd dump Brown and Smart while I can, see what the market is for Brogdon, but definitely keep White.

I don't know that there are many offers for Brown that keep them competitive now. The obvious options are the #3 and #4 picks. What other available centerpiece from another team is better than Maxey?

Edit:

ATL: Murray + Collins?

WSH: Beal?

I don't think either of those is obviously superior to Maxey + Harris

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1338 » by youngcrev » Thu Jun 1, 2023 9:47 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

I don't know that there are many offers for Brown that keep them competitive now. The obvious options are the #3 and #4 picks. What other available centerpiece from another team is better than Maxey?

Edit:

Trae? Dame? Ja Morant?

I think if they're gonna trade Jaylen, they're gonna want a legit star back.

Or maybe they look at something centered around Scoot at #3 if they can rope in a third team for some win now pieces on top of it.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#1339 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jun 1, 2023 10:00 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Edit:

Trae? Dame? Ja Morant?

Or maybe they look at something centered around Scoot at #3 if they can rope in a third team for some win now pieces on top of it.

I think the Atlanta idea would be to pair Trae with Jaylen, but that’s just my view of it.

I see Boston being interested in Portland, but not the other way around. Maybe a 3 teamer where Jaylen goes elsewhere.

Ja? Total question mark. I don’t even know what his value is at this point.

Picks #3 and #4 are options but those would def be multi-team deals imo.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1340 » by mjkvol » Thu Jun 1, 2023 10:03 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Edit:

Trae? Dame? Ja Morant?

Exactly. They're not trading an All-NBA player and a guy many consider a #1/#2 (regardless if it is so) for anything short of a difference maker at a position that better compliments Tatum.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers