ImageImageImage

FA Targets if Harden leaves

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

FA Targets if Harden leaves 

Post#1 » by Arsenal » Fri May 19, 2023 3:58 pm

We would have the full mid-level if Harden walks, along with a massive TPE. Who are guys we should target if that happens?

Free Agents
SG Terence Davis - UFA
SG Shake Milton - UFA

Via TPE
SF Gordon Hayward - 1 yr
SF DeMar DeRozan - 1 yr
SF Evan Fournier - 1 yr
SG Buddy Hield - 1 yr

Who else should we be targeting?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,842

Re: FA Targets if Harden leaves 

Post#2 » by Mik317 » Fri May 19, 2023 4:04 pm

Jaylen Nowell
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#3 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 19, 2023 4:13 pm

Mik317 wrote:Jaylen Nowell

Yeah, he's a guy that comes to mind.

He was really good in college but hasn't quite gotten it to click consistently in the NBA yet. Had a tough go in the playoffs up to this point, too.

I think he's worth taking a flyer on, though.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#4 » by Kobblehead » Fri May 19, 2023 4:18 pm

Hamidou Diallo is interesting. I thought he was a trash prospect, but he's made it work in the NBA as being a really athletic defender that doesn't try to do too much offensively. He's been really good for Detroit over the last handful of years. I think he could be an asset to a playoff team. Kind of like Gary Payton Jr.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#5 » by NYSixersFan » Fri May 19, 2023 4:18 pm

I can totally see us going after Josh Hart.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,828

Post#6 » by Negrodamus » Fri May 19, 2023 4:23 pm

Jaylen Nowell or Lonnie Walker. Obviously I'm a Nowell stan, so I'd love to bring him in. But I'd also be content with doing a Maxey, Springer, (insert ballhandling SF), Tobi, Embiid lineup if possible.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,828

Post#7 » by Negrodamus » Fri May 19, 2023 4:33 pm

Also, I'm letting Shake hit the market and giving his minutes to Louis King. King is bigger and built stronger than Shake. Had an amazing year with the Blue Coats; really let it fly from three.

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#8 » by Arsenal » Fri May 19, 2023 4:44 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Also, I'm letting Shake hit the market and giving his minutes to Louis King. King is bigger and built stronger than Shake. Had an amazing year with the Blue Coats; really let it fly from three.

We gotta finally start hitting on some of these under the radar guys. That's what a top organization like Miami does that we epically fail at.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#9 » by FlyingArrow » Fri May 19, 2023 5:03 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Also, I'm letting Shake hit the market and giving his minutes to Louis King. King is bigger and built stronger than Shake. Had an amazing year with the Blue Coats; really let it fly from three.

We gotta finally start hitting on some of these under the radar guys. That's what a top organization like Miami does that we epically fail at.

There's a reason for that, and he was just fired.

Our G-league team was stacked with great performances by under-the-radar players.

6-2 McClung @ 47% on 4.9 3pa/g
6-8 Braxton Key @ 40% on 3.2 3pa/g
6-7 Louis King @ 39% on 6.8 3pa/g
6-4 Springer - Finals MVP and good defensive reputation

How many of them got a couple of games with the Sixers at 15+ minutes just to see if it would translate? None of them got more than 10 minutes in a game until the last two games of the season.

Springer seems to have the best chance of moving up, since he has a good defensive reputation.

McClung could be the bench scorer that we need, and everything we do to cover for Maxey might work just as well for McClung.

Braxton Key has been hanging around for a few years. He's barely had any NBA floor time, but at age 26 he's in his prime. Maybe he's a quality rotation player at this point and for the next 3 or 4 years. His G-League performance made it look like he could make the jump.

Louis King might be the best of the bunch, at least as far as filling our needs. Highest volume 3pt shooter on good percentage. At 6-7, he should be able to play next to Maxey and help cover defensive issues. And while he's listed as a small forward, he led the Blue Coats in assists (just barely edging out McClung), so maybe he can be a point guard.

Maybe none of them pan out, but our G-league team won the championship and 4 of their players displayed exactly what we're looking for (possibly except for the defense). We should have been giving each of these guys a real tryout in the regular season. The potential is clearly there.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 711

Post#10 » by Kova » Fri May 19, 2023 5:09 pm

I wouldn't mind going after VanVleet.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,424

Post#11 » by Jailblazers7 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:42 pm

I’m not a huge Nowell fan after watching him up close for a couple years. Huge defensive liability and his decision making is highly questionable. Definitely has shot making talent & Minny was a dumpster fire this year.

I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Gordon Hayward as an expiring because he’s still a really good player when he’s healthy.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#12 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri May 19, 2023 5:43 pm

-Carmelo Anthony
-Dwight Howard
-Mario Hezonja
Some of the best that come to mind, they would help this team so much, and they would be dirt cheap!
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,444

Post#13 » by Eyeamok » Fri May 19, 2023 5:48 pm

the Answer is right there. Russell Westbrook....!!! /s
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,552

Post#14 » by 76ciology » Fri May 19, 2023 6:01 pm

Jamal Crawford and Joe Johnson
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,552

Post#15 » by 76ciology » Fri May 19, 2023 6:02 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Agree. The guy on the video
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,074

Post#16 » by Embiid P » Fri May 19, 2023 6:31 pm

Kova wrote:I wouldn't mind going after VanVleet.

I don't see the point unless we trade Maxey. Both are undersized and thus defensive liabilities. I'd rather have Maxey than FVV.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,904

Post#17 » by mjkvol » Fri May 19, 2023 7:17 pm

Another thing that's going to be a very refreshing and welcome change is for young talent to get a real opportunity to compete for roster spots. I feel like the franchise has been let out of 'prison', so to speak, with Rivers finally out of here.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 537

Post#18 » by sodmoraes » Fri May 19, 2023 7:54 pm

FlyingArrow wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Our G-league team was stacked with great performances by under-the-radar players.

How many of them got a couple of games with the Sixers at 15+ minutes just to see if it would translate? None of them got more than 10 minutes in a game until the last two games of the season.

Springer seems to have the best chance of moving up, since he has a good defensive reputation.

McClung could be the bench scorer that we need, and everything we do to cover for Maxey might work just as well for McClung.

Braxton Key has been hanging around for a few years. He's barely had any NBA floor time, but at age 26 he's in his prime. Maybe he's a quality rotation player at this point and for the next 3 or 4 years. His G-League performance made it look like he could make the jump.

Louis King might be the best of the bunch, at least as far as filling our needs. Highest volume 3pt shooter on good percentage. At 6-7, he should be able to play next to Maxey and help cover defensive issues. And while he's listed as a small forward, he led the Blue Coats in assists (just barely edging out McClung), so maybe he can be a point guard.

Maybe none of them pan out, but our G-league team won the championship and 4 of their players displayed exactly what we're looking for (possibly except for the defense). We should have been giving each of these guys a real tryout in the regular season. The potential is clearly there.

39% from 3 with 7 attempts per game is legit. Is he a good defender? He seems like could have a good impact if we give him a chance.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,444

Post#19 » by Eyeamok » Fri May 19, 2023 8:00 pm

sodmoraes wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

39% from 3 with 7 attempts per game is legit. Is he a good defender? He seems like could have a good impact if we give him a chance.

When he played in the BK game I said to myself, why has this guy not got a chance to play in blowouts or just spot minutes? Very confusing.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#20 » by FlyingArrow » Fri May 19, 2023 8:03 pm

Eyeamok wrote:When he played in the BK game I said to myself, why has this guy not got a chance to play in blowouts or just spot minutes? Very confusing.

Not confusing at all.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers