ImageImageImage

Welcome Back RoCo!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Re: Welcome Back RoCo! 

Post#21 » by agiaco » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:16 pm

Negrodamus wrote:How devastated is this board going to be when he's salary in a package for some other player?

Probably very few will care
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#22 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:31 pm

Negrodamus wrote:How devastated is this board going to be when he's salary in a package for some other player?

RIP Process Doctor if that happens. He’s been manifesting a Roco return for years.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,980

Post#23 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:15 pm

agiaco wrote:

Probably very few will care

Especially after they see him play.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#24 » by SixthStreet » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:42 pm

Yup, I'm thinking the nostalgia will wear off quick with RoCo. That said, on the highlight package I saw a lot of him attacking closeouts on the bounce and some nifty passing. When did he learn to do that?
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,831

Post#25 » by phillynative » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:49 pm

Cov said when he saw Embiid he said be ready to knock down shots lol
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 480

Post#26 » by Sixercise » Thu Nov 2, 2023 5:20 am

KING BO3!!!!!!!!!
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,050

Post#27 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 2, 2023 2:35 pm

RoCo needs to bring back the frohawk for the memories.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,669

Post#28 » by Kolkmania » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:00 pm

Clippers fans wanted him to be in starting line up for a long time. In combination with solid numbers, I kind of think he's still serviceable. With Melton and Harris in the corner and RoCo spacing the floor from well beyond the three point line, it frees up a lot of space for the Maxey and Embiid two-man game.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#29 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Nov 2, 2023 7:57 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:

RIP Process Doctor if that happens. He’s been manifesting a Roco return for years.

I've been working on getting Jimmy back too.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,217

Post#30 » by Kobblehead » Fri Nov 3, 2023 1:40 pm

Negrodamus wrote:RoCo needs to bring back the frohawk for the memories.

I'm surprised Harden hasn't yet. Sad System Boi probably longs for the days where he was dropping 50 on a Thursday TNT game and then going home and watching Jersey Shore.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,831

Post#31 » by phillynative » Mon Dec 4, 2023 11:08 pm

He did a pretty good job versus Tatum the other night, was very disruptive and had a good overrall game. Whats not being talked about is the way he frustrated Tatum and helped cause him to get tossed. Cov is no longer a starter in this league but still valuable off the bench. I think him and Oubre offer the mixture of length and athleticism at the wing spot that the Sixers haven't been able to throw at the Celtics in a while.

Last season our wing depth was Tobi, Tucker, House, Melton. That is nothing to be afraid of if you are a high level wing. Tobi and Tucker are good defenders but when you realize athletically theres nothing they can do and House and Melton are too small. The only reason the Sixers had any defensive success against strong wings was Embiid playing goalie in the paint.

Watching Oubre defend Tatum well earlier this season and Cov recently is a huge plus. Tatum is the type of player that has a edge because of his mixture of skill, size and length at his position (sf/pf). Mostly his ability to shoot over smaller defenders or skilled enough to get to his spots before bigger defenders. Tatum is a big forward and he's closer to Durant's size than Paul Pierce(who he's compared to). When you put a defender in front him that has similar measurables (6-7-6-9)(7ftplus wingspan); Oubre/Cov. It makes his ability to get going much more difficult. This gives me some hope and enthusiasm if we were to clash again in the playoffs we won't be hopeless in a Tatum scoring explosion.

In the Celtics vs Warriors playoff series 22' . Tatum struggled to get comfortable offensively. The warriors stuck 6'8 7ft wingspan athlete Wiggins on Tatutm. Every time I watched the series either Wiggins was contesting Tatum shots and than you had Draymond and Thompson who have the size and are above average defenders helping and switching onto him. It gave him alot of problems. There was no way he would have had a last minute 50 pt explosion against that personnel of players like he did the sixers. Once a player like that gets going you have to atleast have the personnel to cool him down.

The sixers didn't last series but I have a little more faith with Cov/Oubre...
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,703

Post#32 » by rzzzzz » Fri Dec 8, 2023 2:40 pm

Not sure why Nurse is giving Morris so many RoCo minutes. And Springer?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,620

Post#33 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Dec 8, 2023 4:16 pm

rzzzzz wrote:Not sure why Nurse is giving Morris so many RoCo minutes. And Springer?

It will change up as the season goes on. Maybe it's just Nurse sorting through the guys, seeing what works and what doesn't. I imagine it's a tough task for a coach. There's about 12 playable guys on this roster for regular season. If I had to guess, part of it is to preserve Cov and Batum for the postseason because they'll have to be counted on by then.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers