ImageImageImage

G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,533

Re: G2 4/22 730PM Sixers @ Knicks 

Post#501 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 pm

Hell I'd take just a supporting player getting us 10 points off the bench. We were so spoiled in 2012 with Lou.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,670

Post#502 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm

NBA confirms everything we all suspected in their L2M report. Maxey was fouled twice, both should have been called. Maxey's push off should not have been called. Nurse should have been given a timeout.

Thanks, officials. NBA = unserious league.
Da Doctor
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,475

Post#503 » by Da Doctor » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 pm

Adam Silver and legal gambling ruined the league
Philadelphia 76ers: 1955, 1967, 1983
Philadelphia Eagles: 1948, 1949, 1960, 2017
Philadelphia Phillies: 1980, 2008
Philadelphia Flyers: 1974, 1975
Philadelphia Union: SOON
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,901

Post#504 » by Stanford » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 pm

FireMorey wrote:NBA confirms everything we all suspected in their L2M report. Maxey was fouled twice, both should have been called. Maxey's push off should not have been called. Nurse should have been given a timeout.

TYO23
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#505 » by TYO23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm

They robbed our guys man…
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#506 » by Stanford » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:47 pm

It really cannot be overstated how much our guys got screwed.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,533

Post#507 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:49 pm

It will be that much funnier when we bounce 'em. But for that to happen Joel needs to not be Mopel about this and instead use it to ignite himself and finally become a leader.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,626

Post#508 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:07 pm

FireMorey wrote:NBA confirms everything we all suspected in their L2M report. Maxey was fouled twice, both should have been called. Maxey's push off should not have been called. Nurse should have been given a timeout.

I come in peace, just want to clarify because I see this part being spread due to misinformation from the twitter user who seemingly(purposely?) cropped at the last sentence about the timeout which says the 76ers should NOT have been given a timeout.

It says right after the sentence about the timeout "the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession." meaning they couldn't call a timeout.

I'm not here to debate the rest, I have no issue admitting that there was a lot of contact at the end, I do find it a little crazy they call Maxey's 2 handed push off of Hart to get open on the inbound as 'marginal' contact, not sure how a 2 arm extended push is marginal personally. But Hart and Brunson def fouled him as well.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,602

Post#509 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:08 pm

FireMorey wrote:If you're relying on Hield to bail you out, the season is already over. He's a lost cause. Another Morey failure. He shouldn't even be in the rotation at this point. Council or Payne will give you more.

Morey told us he was the best player traded at the deadline.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#510 » by eyeatoma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:

I come in peace, just want to clarify because I see this part being spread due to misinformation from the twitter user who seemingly(purposely?) cropped at the last sentence about the timeout which says the 76ers should NOT have been given a timeout.

It says right after the sentence about the timeout "the timeout request is simultaneous to Hart making contact with the ball and PHI not having possession." meaning they couldn't call a timeout.

I'm not here to debate the rest, I have no issue admitting that there was a lot of contact at the end, I do find it a little crazy they call Maxey's 2 handed push off of Hart to get open on the inbound as 'marginal' contact, not sure how a 2 arm extended push is marginal personally. But Hart and Brunson def fouled him as well.
Now you're coming here. Good god learn to read all the tweets in the thread. It's a different to timestamp you're referring to. One was correctly not called. THE OTHER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED.

Read on Twitter
?t=E2RuF9El0q__-Iv01Tk5Kg&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,036

Post#511 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm

I'd love to know the point of releasing these L2M reports. To make it as if the NBA is a transparent league interested in cleanly officiated games? These reports solve or fix nothing, all they do is inflame fans even more - but then that's probably the actual point. Controversy = media attention, and all publicity is good publicity.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#512 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:

Now you're coming here. Good god learn to read all the tweets in the thread. It's a different to timestamp you're referring to. One was correctly not called. THE OTHER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED.

Read on Twitter
?t=E2RuF9El0q__-Iv01Tk5Kg&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Not here to argue man, it says similar statements about PHI not having possession during both timeout requests at 27 and 23 seconds by Nurse. Its not in the screenshot but it is on the L2M report, go look.

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#513 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 pm

mjkvol wrote:

I'd love to know the point of releasing these L2M reports. To make it as if the NBA is a transparent league interested in cleanly officiated games? These reports solve or fix nothing, all they do is inflame fans even more - but then that's probably the actual point. Controversy = media attention, and all publicity is good publicity.

I agree, it does nothing as it's "after the fact" that it happened. It's cool...We still had to eat $hit because of it. Truth be told...Rebound the basketball, don't turn it over on an inbounds pass and we win that game. Those two things have plagued us all season, and it was bound to cost us a playoff game. There's no consolation for me knowing that the refs screwed the game up. Zebras don't change their stripes (no pun intended).

As for how I'm personally feeling about the series? Well, I like where we're at despite the circumstances. We played two very winnable games against them in their house. I'd be a lot more discouraged if they had blown our doors off in both games. Well, according to some New York fans, they did blow us out. Whatever, doesn't matter, I think we're still in this. I'm fairly certain we can even things up by the end of the weekend. After that, we're looking at a three-game series.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#514 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:34 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Not here to argue man

Then why the hell are you here? Seems to me all you're doing is arguing.

I find these "I come here in peace" posts incredibly bizarre. I can't imagine being so bored that I would feel a need to go on an opposing team's forum and do whatever it is you're doing here.
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#515 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 pm

mjkvol wrote:

I find these "I come here in peace" posts incredibly bizarre. I can't imagine being so bored that I would feel a need to go on an opposing team's forum and do whatever it is you're doing here.

I was just getting ahead of the misinformation being spread by the twitter user I mentioned, because they seemingly cutoff the comment when they say the timeout request and PHI not having possession was simultaneous.

Like I said I come in peace, and I wasn't arguing with anyone at all here, so not sure why you said 'seems to me thats all I'm doing'

Anyways I'll leave now, just wanted to get ahead of the misinformation from the twitter user so you guys weren't fooled by it.

Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#516 » by Zonarosa » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:45 pm

mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#517 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

I agree, it does nothing as it's "after the fact" that it happened. It's cool...We still had to eat $hit because of it. Truth be told...Rebound the basketball, don't turn it over on an inbounds pass and we win that game. Those two things have plagued us all season, and it was bound to cost us a playoff game. There's no consolation for me knowing that the refs screwed the game up. Zebras don't change their stripes (no pun intended).

As for how I'm personally feeling about the series? Well, I like where we're at despite the circumstances. We played two very winnable games against them in their house. I'd be a lot more discouraged if they had blown our doors off in both games. Well, according to some New York fans, they did blow us out. Whatever, doesn't matter, I think we're still in this. I'm fairly certain we can even things up by the end of the weekend. After that, we're looking at a three-game series.

To me, the loss is more on Lowry than anyone. Misses a free throw, then doesn't have the presence of mind to call a time out in that spot with all the chaos. He's in the game in these situations as much for his experience as anything else, and clearly Nick has great trust in him. He needs to be the cool head in those situations.

I said before the series that, much like a tennis set, the series really starts with the first break of serve, when a team wins on the road. We should have broken serve in game 2, but unless the Knicks win Thursday or Sunday, we are still fine. One game at a time.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#518 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:49 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

I was just getting ahead of the misinformation being spread by the twitter user I mentioned, because they seemingly cutoff the comment when they say the timeout request and PHI not having possession was simultaneous.

Like I said I come in peace, and I wasn't arguing with anyone at all here, so not sure why you said 'seems to me thats all I'm doing'

Anyways I'll leave now, just wanted to get ahead of the misinformation from the twitter user so you guys weren't fooled by it.

"Getting ahead" of what, and why here?

Bye.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#519 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

There's no getting ahead of anything. Those of us on here who watched the game, along with anyone with in the country that isn't a New York Knicks fan saw what happened last night. We don't need you to clarify it for us, but thanks all the same. Maxey was fouled multiple times on the inbounds play. Doesn't matter. Fair play to the Knicks, we'll be tied up by Sunday evening.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#520 » by Stanford » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:16 pm

Cool!

Return to Philadelphia 76ers