ImageImageImage

Calling all KK lovers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Fire BK
Senior
And1: 0

Calling all KK lovers 

Post#1 » by Fire BK » Tue Jan 1, 2008 12:09 pm

Or those fans who consider him a "favorite," should I say....

I'm expecting folks to point to his 17-minute, 11-point showing as evidence of his greatness.... Or.... his value, at the very least. The Jazz broke the Blazers streak. He contributed. Good chap.... Sharpshooter. Off the bench. He provided a spark for a talented team with serious low-post presences. THAT'S his role.

Was KK ever going to fill this role with the Sixers? Not for the forseeable future. That's axiomatic.

Meanwhile, R. Carney is getting showcased so we can ship him next. Nuanced minds pick up on these tips. Continue calling for SixersFan 1976. Your information is right here.

Thad got his minutes.

And.... could anyone here reasonably propose that sweet LouWill would have gotten 14 free throw attempts tonight if KK was still in tow???? Happy New Years everybody. Cheers.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#2 » by corwin » Tue Jan 1, 2008 1:59 pm

I watched some of the 4th quarter & KK was in at the end. That is going to be a good situation for him & they'll love him in Utah. I wasn't too impressed by some of the on-court decisions made by AK47 or Boozer. I think KK is going to bring better court awareness to that team in addition to his shooting skills. He was in with AK47, Boozer, Deron Williams & Milsap meaning that he was playing at the 2 spot some of the time. I think Utah is improved. Good trade for them & good trade for Philly to get cap space & to break up the logjam on the wing.
dond
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#3 » by dond » Tue Jan 1, 2008 2:53 pm

I am happy for KK that he went to a team which is in the playoff hunt and one on which he can thrive. There inside game and teamwork will allow him to utilize his basketball IQ and shooting ability to the max. I hated to see him go but his skills work best on a team that scores mostly from the halfcourt offense and the Sixers are not focusing on that aspect of their game. So it was probably best for him and for the Sixers ...
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#4 » by freshie2 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 2:56 pm

He's a good fit on almost any good team. If you have a post presence or penetrating PG, having a spot up 3pt shooter is very valuable. I hope he does well there, and it helps the Sixers move forward.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#5 » by sec-106 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 3:46 pm

freshie2 wrote:He's a good fit on almost any good team. If you have a post presence or penetrating PG, having a spot up 3pt shooter is very valuable. I hope he does well there, and it helps the Sixers move forward.

Totally agree.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Re: Calling all KK lovers 

Post#6 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jan 1, 2008 4:21 pm

Fire BK wrote:I'm expecting folks to point to his 17-minute, 11-point showing as evidence of his greatness....

Stop looking for a fight where there isn't one. This is called baiting, no reason to start a new thread for this.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#7 » by dbodner » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:30 pm

Yup. Fire BK: Besides the obvious fallacy of lumping everyone who doesn't think Korver is worthless into a "KK lover" group, making a post of this nature goes beyond confrontational and into instigation. If you're here to talk basketball, please do. If you're here to try to display your (perceived) superiority, you may as well leave now. We've had a handful of previous posters like that in the past, and while we've let a few of them stick around longer than they probably should have, we've lost patience with those kind of posters.
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia

Return to Philadelphia 76ers