ImageImageImage

PHI-UTJ Not done dealing

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Da110n0rcutt
Junior
And1: 0

PHI-UTJ Not done dealing 

Post#1 » by Da110n0rcutt » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:04 pm

PHI gets: Matt Harping, Jarron Collins, Jason Hart, Ronnie Price, and 2nd round pick

UTJ gets: Andre Miller, Rodney Carney, and Calvin Booth

WHY?: PHI gains some depth on their bench with some veterans that know the game. Really gives the opportunity to Williams to become the man along side Iguodala. If they don't like the guys they get in the trade then at the end of this season they could just buy them out to get more cap space except for Harpring and Price, but they are players that I know we don't want to get rid of...but I just don't see Philadelphia not liking them.

UTJ gets what they desprately need in a good veteran back up point guard that returns to Utah in Miller. Then some good bench players in both Carney which he is young talent that could emerge ot a great bench player to add depth, and then Booth who is a veteran big man that fills the void of Collins and could actually help out more.

Depths:
PHI
1 Williams/Hart/Ollie
2 Green/Price/Giricek
3 Iguodala/Harpring/Young
4 Evans/Smith/Amundson
5 Dalembert/Collins/Hill

UTJ
1 Williams/Miller/Kruger
2 Korver/Brewer/Almond
3 Kirilenko/Miles/Carney
4 Boozer/Millsap
5 Okur/Booth/Fesenko
“We’re a playoff team, just not a championship team..I think we still need a couple more pieces and until we get those pieces.." - Deron Williams
Da110n0rcutt
Junior

PHI 

Post#2 » by Da110n0rcutt » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:06 pm

I would be excited for Philadelphia in this deal because their future line-up is promising, I really think Price would fit in well there he just hasn't been given the opportunity here, he almost did in Sacramento I know he was one of the first guys off the bench there and got into the starting lin-up there a couple times. Heres what it looks like, they could really do what their GM wants to do is run, and run some more.

1 Williams
2 Price
3 Iguodala
4 Free Agent power forward (Okafor)
5 Dalembert

OR, with the emergence of Thaddeus Young

1 Williams
2 Iguodala/Price
3 Young/Harpring
4 Free agent power forward (Okafor)
5 Dalembert
“We’re a playoff team, just not a championship team..I think we still need a couple more pieces and until we get those pieces.." - Deron Williams
joey-A
Banned User

Post#3 » by joey-A » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:25 pm

How many times can I say this...Price Sucks! Not even CLOSE to the talent that either Green, or Lou William s is. Okafor is NOT a PF, nor has ever even played that position. Not to mention MENSA that he AIN"T going anywhere. We already have Jason Smith. And IF we want another one, Brand is the guy. We're not going to take on the multiple years of a HACK like Harpring, who also Sucks, and couldn't stop a sign post on defense. As Chris Tucker would say....." Do you understand the words....that are comin out of my Mouth ? "!!
Da110n0rcutt
Junior

MENSA? 

Post#4 » by Da110n0rcutt » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:59 pm

Who the hell is MENSA?
Wildfire
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Wildfire » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:59 pm

You were shot down on the trade board so why we would like it here? This trade is absolutely ridiculous for the Sixers because they are trying to shed salary and not gain it.

For future reference, there is a trade topic at the top of the page.
CPops57
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#6 » by CPops57 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:00 pm

Seems like a pretty awful deal for the Sixers.

Sixers don't get expiring contracts, a really worthwhile youngster, or even a first rounder in that package, so I don't see the point here.
Da110n0rcutt
Junior

don't cry 

Post#7 » by Da110n0rcutt » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:09 pm

I don't know what you guys are crying about after this season you guys could buy-out Collins's $2.3 million dollar contract and Hart's $2.3 million, so thats $4.6 million extra you could have for free agency along with Gordan Giricek's $4 million, so in total you will have from us, $8.6 million dollars to offer someone else in free agency.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#8 » by dbodner » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:11 pm

twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Re: don't cry 

Post#9 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:18 pm

Da110n0rcutt wrote:I don't know what you guys are crying about after this season you guys could buy-out Collins's $2.3 million dollar contract and Hart's $2.3 million, so thats $4.6 million extra you could have for free agency along with Gordan Giricek's $4 million, so in total you will have from us, $8.6 million dollars to offer someone else in free agency.

That's not how it works. If you buy out someone's contract they're still on the books unless they agree to not take any of the money.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers