ImageImageImage

need help watching tonights game!

phillyborn_jacksonite
Junior
And1: 2

need help watching tonights game! 

Post#1 » by phillyborn_jacksonite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:02 am

whats up guys i need some help and soon. I haven't missed a game yet this year thanks to nba league pass. been an exciting year so far and i really want to see tonights game for obvious reasons, but because I live in Jackson, WY, i get the doublepleasure of being blacked out for not only Nuggets games b/c We are soooo close to denver(8hrs drive) but also Jazz games which is an even closer 5 hours drive to SLC. I have already spenthours on the phone with Dish network to no avail.

anyway i have seen random posts in here about several different internet links that may provide me a look or at least a time delay on the game can you you help.

before you give me the NBA.com option i have tried that as well and it must be picking up my IP address b/c i have been blacked out of theose as well.

thanks in advance
sig courtesy of GKgfx
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#2 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:37 am

This was discussed in the philifans sixers forum recently (see the FAQ and links to get to that other good Sixers forum) but you will not get further guidance here due to board policy.
ducehere22
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by ducehere22 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:38 am

this is a little out of the box (pun!) but do you have a friend with who has slingbox?

http://www.slingmedia.com/

you can then essentially watch their tv feed provided they are also outside of your black out area...thats all i can think of my 76er friend.
we can dunk!
ducehere22
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by ducehere22 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:39 am

oh snap, should i have not written that tk76?
we can dunk!
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#5 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:44 am

I am not a moderator, but I think the issue is with posting links to P2P sites, which could open the sight up for a lawsuit.

A slingbox is not illegal- although technically it is only supposed to be used by an immediate relative of the purchaser (someone in the household)- well that's at least what Sling told me over the phone.
ducehere22
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by ducehere22 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:48 am

oh, ok thanks TK...i guess i will let mods take off if this is a bad thing to post and will then know for the future.

the nba is my customer and they run the NBA.com on gear I sold them! i will go and unblock your ip...ok the first part is true but I can not unblock you phillyborn! good luck tonight.
we can dunk!
phillyborn_jacksonite
Junior
And1: 2

Post#7 » by phillyborn_jacksonite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:39 am

good point TK.thanks duce..sling box is not really an option anyway..never heard of it nor do i know anone who does

actually, Darious 08 gave me a link on how to block my IP which is a completely legal way to protect your indentity, hopefully it will work and i will enjoy the game tonight on my Mac.

if i had more time i would set up shop on NBA.com help line(if they have one) and try to explain to them that i couldnt drive to games if i tried..sheesh

sig courtesy of GKgfx
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#8 » by dbodner » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:02 am

setting up (and using) a proxy is in and of itself not illegal, but it can be used illegally.
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia

Return to Philadelphia 76ers