ImageImageImage

Iguodala's Turnovers.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76erinSJ
Senior
And1: 0

Post#41 » by 76erinSJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:16 am

No one ever said Iggy wasnt better then Manu. We said in that system with Duncan and Parker and Bowen and with an actually coach like Pop the Spurs would not lose a beat wit Iggy in place of Manu. U like to change peoples statements around dont you? And yes I do believe Iggy has an excellent shot at being a top 20-30player in this league for a 8-10 year stretch. He has all the tools and is only 24. Iggy played great last night at Utah and if we could have hit our ft's we would have won. Oh and after last nights game do you seriously still think AI had better hops then Lou?
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#42 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:20 am

darius08 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you think Iguodala will be an allstar? I don't see him making it ever. There's just too many good 2/3 players in the league right now.

If he ever makes it, it will have to be within the next 5 years baring major trades in the east and the addition of young phenoms to the league. Iggy will possibly be able to take one of the spots of Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson, and Tayshawn Prince. But it will be because of default more than his outright dominance.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#43 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:35 am

76erinSJ wrote:No one ever said Iggy wasnt better then Manu. We said in that system with Duncan and Parker and Bowen and with an actually coach like Pop the Spurs would not lose a beat wit Iggy in place of Manu. U like to change peoples statements around dont you? And yes I do believe Iggy has an excellent shot at being a top 20-30player in this league for a 8-10 year stretch. He has all the tools and is only 24. Iggy played great last night at Utah and if we could have hit our ft's we would have won. Oh and after last nights game do you seriously still think AI had better hops then Lou?

You are an Iggy fan just face it. You base your whole judgement of him off of his highlight dunks, his current hot streak and your undying fanaticism of him. I have seen Willie Burton score 53 points one night, Tony Delk scored 51, now are those players any better after one game?

AI has better hops than Lou? Yes he does because he has hang time and can right himself in the air to square his body to the rim. Lou has to square his feet on the ground or else he has no shot at making the basket.

There are people walking this earth than can outjump both of them but since that person has no basketball skill what does it count? Lou can't use his hops to his advantage like AI can. AI fades, floats, glides. Lou Will just explodes straight up in the air with no hangtime.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#44 » by tk76 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:38 am

SendEm wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Let me guess you watched the Blazers Bulls game tonight? They also mentioned an 8-10 year stretch pertaining to Portland competing.

No, but I would make an excellent analyst.

Well, maybe not, but I'd be better than Salami and Mix- as if that's saying much. At very least I'd leave the telestrator to football games only.

As for SF's, anyone or plays fantasy BB knows that about 1/2 of the top 35 plays are SG/SF like iguodala. That's because great really good centers, PF's and even PG's are pretty rare. Iguodala not making all star games doesn't mean that much if his level of paly is on par with the better (but not best) players in the league.

The All Stars are the top 15 players and a bunch of guys who are on contenders or who used to be great.

Again, the #30 salary in the league is 14.5M. If we get Iguodala at 10M next season he is a good value.
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#45 » by 76erinSJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:43 am

Yes I am and Iggy fan but when he came into the league I envisioned him as a Bruce Bowne type of player. He is alot closer to Richard Jefferson now. I would also like you to stop assuming what I base my opinions on regarding Iggy. He does alot more then just dunk. He is not on a hot streak. He played this way for almost 60 games last year. Also Lou has more hops then AI. He has shown the ability to make hilite real blocks. For one AI could never have made that block on Ocur ever. HANG TIME IS DIFFERENT FROM HOPS. Nocioni from the Bulls has great hangtime and body control does that mean he has great hops? No!
Andre Miller is a bad 3pt shooter.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#46 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:44 am

tk76 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Again, the #30 salary in the league is 14.5M. If we get Iguodala at 10M next season he is a good value.

You say that as if you are NOT the only person on this planet that believes that Iggy will be a top 20-30 player in the league.LOL
SendEm
Banned User

Post#47 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:52 am

76erinSJ wrote:Yes I am and Iggy fan but when he came into the league I envisioned him as a Bruce Bowne type of player. He is alot closer to Richard Jefferson now. I would also like you to stop assuming what I base my opinions on regarding Iggy. He does alot more then just dunk. He is not on a hot streak. He played this way for almost 60 games last year. Also Lou has more hops then AI. He has shown the ability to make hilite real blocks. For one AI could never have made that block on Ocur ever. HANG TIME IS DIFFERENT FROM HOPS. Nocioni from the Bulls has great hangtime and body control does that mean he has great hops? No!

Call me back when Low Will does this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es

Nocioni? Nocioni is an average at best athlete what the hell are you talking about buddy?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by tk76 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:52 am

You are an Iggy fan just face it.

Yes. it is horrible to be a fan of a player that is entertaining, scores efficiently, plays good defense, seems to not be a thug, improves on his game every year, doesn't waste his athletic ability, works to improve his teammates and be a leader, tends to hirt game winning shots in the clutch, and was an absolute steal at #9 in the draft.

I guess I shouldn't be a fan if he isn't Lebron and isn't a naturally gifted scorer (despite averaging 20/6/6/2 since AI left, which so many other players in the NBA do since it is so easy?)

I guess I shouldn't have been a fan or AI or CB since they never won anything. I guess KG hadn't shown himself to be a "#1" before this season because he never made it to the finals- he must have really improved his game this season- or maybe thois e two other stars have something to do with it.

You really think it is easy to carry the load on a team that has 2 of the worste starters in the league and 3 starters who basically can't score unless given the ball right at the basket (and Evans can't even do that.)

Is it so hard to fathom that Dala would be seen as a star if he was on a team with other top players. Roy will be a star- not because he is so great, but because he will have Oden and Aldwdride as teammates. Dala will be a star if put in the same situation (unlikely.)

Put Roy on this team and we are the same mediocre sub 500 team- and he would put up the same numbers. Put Peirce, or Ray Allen or Prince or Manu on this Sixer's team, and again, we are still not a playoff team. All of these palyers are in the same league- tehey are second level stars. You don't have to be a fan to see it.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#49 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:56 am

Iggy is averaging 19.2 5.7 4.7 THIS season, why are you going back to only a PORTION of last season with that 20 6 and 6? Are you suggesting that Iggy's most productive years are behind him? Where's the improvement?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by tk76 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:01 am

Sorry, base on all my typo's it must be time to sleep. Sorry if it makes it painful to read. Later.

Hope we shut down Kobe... or at leats Bynum tomorrow.

I guess all I am saying is taht there probably isn't much a difference from the 4th best to the 10th be SF in the league. They are all pretty great players- although not HOF worthy. They all justify 10M contracts- and a 10M contract does not preclude you from adding other big name players. I hope that is where Ed is heading.

Dala will not go down as an Moses, AI, CB or Dr. J type player. We have been blessed with lots of top 50 all time HOF players in the past 30 years- mosts teams aren't so lucky. Dala doesn't have to be that good to be a key part of a contender- or to earn a 10M+ contract this summer.
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#51 » by 76erinSJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:04 am

Nocioni has great hangtime and body control. He is also a great athlete. If you watch this and tell me he is not a great athlete then you r blind. Just because he isnt black or chiseled doesnt mean hes not a great athlete. http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDdD89sjCfA
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#52 » by 76erinSJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:08 am

Iggy is averaging 19.2 5.7 4.7 THIS season, why are you going back to only a PORTION of last season with that 20 6 and 6?

A portion would be like 20 games or a quarter of the season. He did that for almost all of last season buddy!
SendEm
Banned User

Post#53 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:10 am

10million is the ceiling of Iggy's worth anything over that is too much. Josh Howard, Tony Parker, and Manu are in that $9 and some change to 10 mil range, Iggy should not get more than that from a basketball business perspective and Sixers supporter. But as a man I think that Iggy should get as much as he's willing to negotiate out of any franchise that he's a member. Personally I believe Iggy's value to be $9 million with all things considered, but Josh Howard is making $10 on a good team where he's not the best playerand was drafted later in the draft than Iggy while Iggy is playing on a bad team where he is "the future" so it looks impossible for Iggy to sign for less than the 4 years $40-43 million that Josh has.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by tk76 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:13 am

SendEm wrote:Iggy is averaging 19.2 5.7 4.7

Sounds good to me. Get us starters at PF and SG or SF next to him who can score and the assists and wins go up, the TO's go down.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#55 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:14 am

76erinSJ wrote:
Iggy is averaging 19.2 5.7 4.7 THIS season, why are you going back to only a PORTION of last season with that 20 6 and 6?

A portion would be like 20 games or a quarter of the season. He did that for almost all of last season buddy!

So what happened? Is Iggy getting worse already? I thought his career would be so long and promising...
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,850

Post#56 » by Stanford » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:15 am

You are an Iggy fan just face it.

Like that's a bad thing. Iggy is either a bad player or a great player with you. You leave no room for anything in between.
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#57 » by 76erinSJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:19 am

Lol u have no argument here so you say stupid comments like this. Yes Iggy is getting worse. Hes only 24 and has no potential to do better then he is averaging right now. Every word that you type on this forum is fact and no one should stray from it. You are god reincarnated on earth.
Andre Miller is a bad 3pt shooter.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by tk76 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:26 am

Lets not retread the same waters from a few weeks ago.

Don't start again with the list of one hit wonders who peaked at 24, got hurt and/or declined the rest of their careers.

If that's going to be Iguodala's career trajectory I won't be the only "fan" who is sorely disappointed.

If you think he deserves 9 and I think 10.5M I doubt there is that much difference in our opinions anyways.

If 1-2M overspending on a good player is the worst mistake Ed makes with our cap management I don't think we have many worries. If we unload Dala for some picks and unproven players than we are headed into a much longer decline than anyone wants to see.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#59 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:30 am

Iggy is a very good player it's just sad that my fellow Sixers enthusiasts on this forum are blinded by there fandom to posses deluded expectations of an NBA player of Iggy's ilk so much so as to mention him with the likes of Ginobili and Pippen like he is as good as them. Some of you will never understand that NBA players accumulate huge stats on bad teams. Iggy is doing that and so have plenty of other players who are nothing but hoaxes like Larry Hughes and Steve Francis. Wake me up when Iggy shoots over 45% from the field or has an assist ratio of closer 2 to 1 to go along with those 19ppg.

Ginobili averages 19 4.6 4.3 in 28 minutes. It takes Iggy 39 minutes to do that on a team all by himself WTF?
SendEm
Banned User

Post#60 » by SendEm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:32 am

tk76 wrote:

Don't start again with the list of one hit wonders who peaked at 24, got hurt and/or declined the rest of their careers.

LOL already did it... He seen it comin.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers