ImageImageImage

Carney's B-Ball skills

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 167

Post#21 » by 9th Wonder » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:31 am

Sixerscan wrote:Is that runner he always throws up with no touch considered a skill? If so, count that...

:rofl: It seems that every photo that I see of Carney is him doing this move. Makes me laugh every time.
air21ic
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by air21ic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:04 am

Funny, I remember when the Sixers drafted Carney and Calapari said Carney was an exceptional outside shoooter.

I saw Carney is college and he was not an exception college three porint shooter. He hit some "college" threes because that was the bulk of the Memphis offense.

It is me or does it seem like he is going 100 miles per hour in everything he does (shoot, pass, dribble, etc).

Rondo, Marcus Williams, Josh Boone, Kyle Lowry, Jordan Farmer all drafted after Carney. Billy King thanks for nothing in the 2006 draft.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by SendEm » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:29 am

Rondo was the player to get out of those you posted. Ronnie Brewer is shooting 55% from the field this season.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#24 » by dbodner » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:58 am

Rondo, Marcus Williams, Josh Boone, Kyle Lowry, Jordan Farmer all drafted after Carney. Billy King thanks for nothing in the 2006 draft.

You have to include Brewer in that list since he was available at our initial pick before we traded down
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#25 » by GreenWithEnvy » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:52 am

He is what most people think about professional basketball nowadays: unreal athletic players who have no skill whatsoever and are judged solely on their ability to dunk the ball. A run jump type of athlete.

Carney would be great in Phoenix if he never touched the ball, only on lobs when he slams it into the basket. He might have a chance to be out of the league when his contract expires.
Willie Green Is The Man!
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 167

Post#26 » by 9th Wonder » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:55 pm

GreenWithEnvy wrote:
Carney would be great in Phoenix if he never touched the ball, only on lobs when he slams it into the basket. He might have a chance to be out of the league when his contract expires.

That's really over simplifiying what Phoenix does. The reason they can play the way they do is because of their lineup. Easily the most talented offensive players in the league.

Carney would be nailed to the bench in Phoenix, unless his 3 point shot developed.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers