ImageImageImage

GS waives Mbenga

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Philly Family
Sophomore
And1: 0

GS waives Mbenga 

Post#1 » by Philly Family » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:31 am

Would we be interested in a young center with strength and is athletic....maybe waive or release someone....thoughts...
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by SendEm » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:44 am

He stopped developing and playing hard back in Dallas. He is dead as a prospect.
ahwi_quacoe
Senior
And1: 3

Post#3 » by ahwi_quacoe » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:38 am

That's how the sixers miss out on every Jamario Moon out there, a team like ours has nothing to lose trying out a big man like him. We would rather have Booth , than a Big who has never been able to get minutes consistently. In Golden state , he doesn't fit nor could he break into the rotation in Dallas. As currently constructed , the sixers could definitely use a relatively athletic Big man with size and strength and see what he has to offer. It couldn't hurt.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by SendEm » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:56 am

Moon has a motor. Mbenga cut his motor off once he got fat enough off of NBA money. Mbenga's NBA career is over.
P2K
Analyst
And1: 54

Post#5 » by P2K » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:42 am

ahwi_quacoe wrote:That's how the sixers miss out on every Jamario Moon out there, a team like ours has nothing to lose trying out a big man like him. We would rather have Booth , than a Big who has never been able to get minutes consistently. In Golden state , he doesn't fit nor could he break into the rotation in Dallas. As currently constructed , the sixers could definitely use a relatively athletic Big man with size and strength and see what he has to offer. It couldn't hurt.

What we need to do is stop worrying about these little small time guys and concentrate on getting a star player or two.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#6 » by UptownPhilly » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:35 am

P2K wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What we need to do is stop worrying about these little small time guys and concentrate on getting a star player or two.

I agree, but he's at least worth a look. We are in serious need of a backup center. We sign him for the remainder of this season.

If he sucks, we just let him expire. If he's good we filled one need.

I've never seen him play, so I don't know what we're getting, but we do need size.
GreenWithEnvy
Analyst
And1: 163

Post#7 » by GreenWithEnvy » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:57 am

NO NO NO NO. I have league pass and GS is my second favorite team. I watch them as much as i can and let me tell you emphatically that DJ Mbenga is one of the worst offensive players in the world. if you think reggie evans is bad..hooooooo-leeeeeeee- ****. one game i was watching he missed 3 uncontested layups on 3 seperate trips down the floor. hes 7 feet and doesn't know how to dunk. he misses layups and looks lost on defense but makes an impact because hes so long and athletic that he can still block shots on late rotations.
Willie Green Is The Man!
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#8 » by Wilfried » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:27 am

SendEm wrote:Moon has a motor. Mbenga cut his motor off once he got fat enough off of NBA money. Mbenga's NBA career is over.

What career?
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#9 » by realfung » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:29 pm

Mbenga does not have what it takes to become rotational player.....
Forget it.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,908

Post#10 » by Wilfried » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:43 am

GreenWithEnvy wrote:NO NO NO NO. I have league pass and GS is my second favorite team. I watch them as much as i can and let me tell you emphatically that DJ Mbenga is one of the worst offensive players in the world. if you think reggie evans is bad..hooooooo-leeeeeeee- ****. one game i was watching he missed 3 uncontested layups on 3 seperate trips down the floor. hes 7 feet and doesn't know how to dunk. he misses layups and looks lost on defense but makes an impact because hes so long and athletic that he can still block shots on late rotations.

The man learned to play bball at the age of 20. He's just an atletic freak but does not have any talent. They tried him on behalf of his atletic potential but too bad.

Now, just let this guy go
crzy
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#11 » by crzy » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:15 pm

Adonal Foyle > Mbenga.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers