ImageImageImage

Sixers @ Raptors 1/9/08

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#81 » by Sixersftw » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:35 am

I mean we are a really dead board but I like having nothing but pure, agonizing, miserable diehards, just like me. If we are a bandwagon team it would be really strange, those people didn't have to watch willie green play 30 mins or amal lackaskill or gai deng (alright we didn't really have to watch gai deng)
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
noone
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#82 » by noone » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:44 am

It also seems as if we're in tanking mode. When will our next win be?

No the Sixers aren't in tanking mode. They just don't have any really crappy teams to beat up on right now. I don't expect to win more than one more game this month. Finally back to reality.

5 and counting....
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#83 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:46 am

You know you are a die-hard sixer fan when...

You watched all of the televised summer league games.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#84 » by UptownPhilly » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:47 am

Sixersftw wrote:I mean we are a really dead board but I like having nothing but pure, agonizing, miserable diehards, just like me. If we are a bandwagon team it would be really strange, those people didn't have to watch willie green play 30 mins or amal lackaskill or gai deng (alright we didn't really have to watch gai deng)

Don't forget Alvin Jones and Sam Clancy!
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,753

Post#85 » by Sixersftw » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:47 am

dude.... We discussed the games and broke them down
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#86 » by UptownPhilly » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:49 am

As much as the Sixers frustrate me, I can't sit through any other teams' games for the entire 48 minutes. The next few years should be very good if Stefanski is the real deal.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:50 am

I was really disappointed by the Ivan McFarlain trade.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#88 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:52 am

Seriously... we are complete degenerates. I seem to recall most of us remaining on this board waiting around for some guy in Utah to post his thoughts of our summer league team.

When next season and so forth rolls around and this board is once again back to having 25 page game threads, I'll be sure to give a little more respect to those posters who are here now.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:54 am

The Guilty Party wrote:'ll be sure to give a little more respect to those posters who are here now.

or less... I guess its all how you look at it.

I think there was an Anthony Michael Hall line about being pathetic, but I can't quite think of it...
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#90 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 am

I'm not sure what's more pathetic... you randomly mentioning Anthony Michael Hall or me reading the memorable quotes section on imdb.com for "Weird Science", "Sweet Sixteen", and "The Breakfast Club". I hate 1AM.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 am

Sorry, it could be John Cusak. Later.

BTW from Cheeks post game:

When asked if Young might warrant a starting spot, Cheeks replied: "We will see. We have time to think about it, and we'll deal with this [loss] and see what happens."
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#92 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:36 am

Sixersftw wrote:dude.... We discussed the games and broke them down

Just think if we had the Salmistrator
PrimeTime21
Analyst

Post#93 » by PrimeTime21 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Man I love this team but I hate it at the same time LOL. It's so frustrating watching this team go 2 or 3 minutes without getting a field goal. The starting lineup with Evans has got to go, if they don't get down in the first quarter they damn sure do in the 3rd.

I also am done with WG. I thought that dude deserved a little time but he is absolutely killing the Sixers. He is a gunner with a capital G. I'm just flabbergasted that Thad is not starting...he is playing great last night in the 4th and lone behold Cheeks trots out WG.

I'm like just about every other poster here that thinks we should go with a Miller-Iggy-Thad-Smith-Dalembert starting lineup, let them take their lumps and if they lose so be it.
Ganon19
Banned User

Post#94 » by Ganon19 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:01 pm

I was watching the game on and off. Was Thad's handle better? did he do anything stupid?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:09 pm

Thad ranked as about the least painful player to watch. He had another promising game.

Idon't doubt that his defeciencies will be a bit exposed once he starts or plays 20+ mpg (much like Smith's weaknsses have shown), but I'm with primetime- you might as well let the kids learn now so that we know what we got heading into the offseason.

At this point the saving grace of the team is that they do play hard and don't seem to have lazy or criminal players on the squad. Even WG seems like he wants to win and is not a thug- his game is just not well suited yo winning.
SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#96 » by SouthJersey » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Found this quote from Iguodala about the teams struggles

We have guys who are really young,'' Iguodala said. "We have guys who don't understand small details yet. You really can't force it on them; even myself, I'm young. I go through times where I might force a shot at the wrong time

Although he tries to take the hi road and include himself, he is clearly pointing at other players. To me, hes got to be referring to Lou Williams. His comments tho are off. The young guys, or bench, will keep this team in games, and it is the bad veterans that are killing this team. What small details or intangiles do Evans and Green understand? When they get the ball, they have no clue what to do. So where is AI going with this?

Iguodala is signalling out Lou bc I think like Iverson did, Lou will take away from the team playing "team ball". To me atleast, there is alot of AI in Lou Williams, so I can see where Iguodala is coming from, but Is it bad that he is harsh on him then or should he just Lou Williams play and let the game come to him?
PrimeTime21
Analyst

Post#97 » by PrimeTime21 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Doesn't seem to be the youth that is hurting the team it's going what seems like years between baskets, that or getting down by double digits in the 3rd quarter. If anything the youth on the bench is the promising thing about this team right now.
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by dond » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:40 pm

In my opinion, the biggest reason they seem to be playing badly now is that they no longer have Kyle Korver. He did a lot of things when he was on the floor ... Strong rebounder, decent team defender, post-up shooter, 3-pt shooter, good passer, good player without the ball. Giracek is not nearly the player that Kyle Korver is and it shows when he is on the floor. Of course, we knew that they would not be as good without Korver as with him. We now just have to hope the move is best for the long run.
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers