ImageImageImage

Evan must go next.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

birdzfan
Sophomore
And1: 3

Evan must go next. 

Post#1 » by birdzfan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:19 am

BK signed him for rebounding so what has it really accomplished. The Sixers average 3 rebounds more than their opponents yet are still losing. Any rebounds are offset by his otherwise poor play. If you think his offense is bad watch him on defense. He has no lateral movement and is constantly being left behind. He leaves his man on the week side to get an advantage on rebounding but the play often ends in wide open shots due to ball rotation or mismatches. He is uncoordinated and one-dimensional. How in the hell was he signed? How many offensive plays per game are called for the PF or center. Evans might help a team with more weapons but not the sizers. Maybe it's me but I would rather take my chances with Amundson or Shav, even Minute Bol for pete's sake. By the way, ship Booth out also. By the way Green's play last night made me sick also. Sorry AI, maybe you and McNaab can chat about your lack of weapons.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:30 am

I agree that Evans needs to go but seriously... is there going to be a "Must Go" thread for every player this season??
birdzfan
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#3 » by birdzfan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 am

Some could be could or should but Evans is a must.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#4 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:39 am

Evans' salary make him the number one on my list of "must go" player. If Miller is staying, we need to clear out a little more salary.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#5 » by UptownPhilly » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:41 am

He should go, but due to our lack of solid PF's on this team, he probably won't be the next player moved. I could see Green or Carney out before him.
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 180

Post#6 » by 9th Wonder » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:07 am

I sincerely hope we don't keep him around for his size, if a trade is in fact available.

Speaking of trades, the Hunter for Evans deal is looking worse by the day. And I don't even know/care what Hunter has done this year.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#7 » by UptownPhilly » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:09 am

9th Wonder wrote:I sincerely hope we don't keep him around for his size, if a trade is in fact available.

Speaking of trades, the Hunter for Evans deal is looking worse by the day. And I don't even know/care what Hunter has done this year.

I think Hunter had a bad injury.

Hopefully the Sixers trade Evans for Arroyo(Expiring)

We play Smith as the starting PF, give Young some minutes at the 4, and even throw Amundson out there.

Stefanski needs to get this done!!!

Return to Philadelphia 76ers