ImageImageImage

How does this losing streak affect Andre Miller's future?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

How does this losing streak affect Andre Miller's future? 

Post#1 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 am

How does this losing streak affect Andre Miller's future with the Sixers if it continues? Going back to a couple weeks ago it seemed he'd be a Sixer next season. If this losing continues, do you think Fast Eddie changes his mind and deals Andre?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#2 » by tk76 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Its hard to say. Even if he does not move him this year, he still expires next year- and we will still be young then, and some really great FA hitting the market in summer '09.

Also, Williams recent poor play makes it less likely that we Ede would feel comfortable having him run the point the next couple of seasons.
philbe311
Starter
And1: 0

Post#3 » by philbe311 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Stefanski is the GM, not a fan...

As such his opinions and evaluations of our players don't flip flop in the wind like most fans... While any player is tradeable for the right offer, I would expect Miller to be our starting PG next season more likely than not...
howiezbt
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#4 » by howiezbt » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 pm

I think Ed always has intended on trading Miller.

It is just a question of getting the right deal. If the right deal comes along, perhaps we get a point guard back or just let Ollie start until the end of the season. He is a mediocre veteran but can play some defense.

Miller is going byt he trading deadline if a nice deal comes along. I am thinking an expiring and a young piece or draft pick.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers