ImageImageImage

I see some teams to work with on draft day

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

is1531
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#21 » by is1531 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm

IggyTheBEaST wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

good post Tk. Sendem is so blonded by his iggy hate that he cant see reality some times. (so what if Iggy gets 11mil and only gets 16-18/game. If he is the leading scorer, Yes, thats a problem, but the scenario your describing suggests he is taking a backseat to a better scorer, which im completely ok with. Whats wrong with our 2nd option getting 16-18 ppg?)

I agree that Iggy isnt a franchise player, but if it comes down to paying him or losing him, you gota pay him, this team would take a HUGE step backwards if we lost Igoudala. Im not oppossed to trading him, but in a sign and trade, we will most likely get a similar caliber player, for the same salary, so whats the point in that? Unless its a premier big man, you may as well just keep him.

I think the 76ers need a major upgrade in outside shooting.We were last in 3 point shooting and I think we were last in foul shooting percentage.

The 76ers were able to beat the Pistons in game 1 without the fast break being the main reason we won. With that being said, I do not trust our roster in a halfcourt game.

If Iggy is playing the 2 guard, our defense can only be better, since the opponent will not be able to see the passing lanes, in comparison when Green is guarding his man. Overall, I like Iggy, but sometimes his decision making leaves something to be desired. This team would look a lot better with Elton Brand and a shooting guard to rotate with Iggy.

Win or lose it's been a great season for the 76ers, but Stefanski has a lot of work to do in the off season. Does anybody have the key to to where his blackboard is located? lol
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#22 » by tk76 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:56 pm

Should be an interesting offseason. Hopefully the remainder of this series with the Pistons helps answer some questions about how various players respond to pressure playoff basketball. I am happy so dar with what I saw from Thad, and hopefully Lou and AIG can bounce back and have a good series regardless of the outcome.
CPops57
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#23 » by CPops57 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:13 pm

bernal100 wrote:Why is it that nobody seems to think that Thad can't play PF ?

I think he can play PF, and in certain lineups he will get plenty of time there.

I just think that as a starting SF, he'd be physically dominant against his matchup almost every single night and having that type of advantage is too good to pass up.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by tk76 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:38 pm

CPops57 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think he can play PF, and in certain lineups he will get plenty of time there.

I just think that as a starting SF, he'd be physically dominant against his matchup almost every single night and having that type of advantage is too good to pass up.

Agreed. But Young has to significantly improve on his skills away from the basket before he is ready to start at SF, so there may be a few years wherre he splits time between SF and PF.

I'm sure he will improve on his ball handling and shooting this summer, but I would think he is a good 2 years away from being the dominant SF you describe. That will leave him only about 10-12 years where he can be an elite SF...
is1531
Banned User

Post#25 » by is1531 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm

We are really getting away fro the original post,lol. I will try to start this over again.

I would have to be overwelmed in order to trade Andre Miller. I have zero interest in Martel Webster. However, my eyes are more focused on Seattle with the 6 picks in the draft. Seattle does not neeed to make 6 picks. I suspect Ed will be talking to Seattle on draft night. I also think if the right deal comes along for Jason Smith, Ed will pull the trigger.

I think Iggy and Miller are here to stay.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by tk76 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:53 pm

I think Jason Smith is a good value for a PF/C- and I doubt we could replace him with a better player with a mid-late 1st round pick. I doubt we move him unless he was part of a larger deal to net us a big name PF/C like Okafor, Brand or JO in a sign and trade.

I wouldn't mind getting a late 1st or early 2nd pick, but can't teams just buy them for cash?
Louis Williams
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by Louis Williams » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:02 pm

This team does not need to get any younger. We need to start adding veterans.
is1531
Banned User

Post#28 » by is1531 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:09 pm

tk76 wrote:I think Jason Smith is a good value for a PF/C- and I doubt we could replace him with a better player with a mid-late 1st round pick. I doubt we move him unless he was part of a larger deal to net us a big name PF/C like Okafor, Brand or JO in a sign and trade.

I wouldn't mind getting a late 1st or early 2nd pick, but can't teams just buy them for cash?

Actually, your scenario of buying another pick is very likely. I laugh at some of these mock drafts in what they give the 76ers. I just looked at mynbadraft that gave us Ty Lawson. It did not make a lot of sense to me.

I only see Ed going for a PF with the 16th pick,even if we add picks. If we add picks, then I see us going for a 2 guard. Just keep your eyes on Seattle, with all those picks. I bet Ed has already contacted them.
steveb21
Pro Prospect
And1: 123

Post#29 » by steveb21 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:38 pm

I think Ed will definitely be looking to trade...just not for more picks. I can see him packaging our first, the Utah pick from the Korver trade and maybe a player to try and get a quality starting PF. He's already said he doesn't want to get any younger.

As for the other poster who said Igoudala is not better than Prince, he should re-word that to say "Igoudala is not better than Prince...right now". The guy has improved his game every year that he's been in the league. Also, out of all the players that turned down contracts last summer he's the only one to have gotten a raise in doing so. Ed will offer him a contract based on his market value. If Igoudala turns it down then I trust Ed will do whatever is in the best interest of the franchise.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#30 » by IggyTheBEaST » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 pm

SendEm wrote:I like your post tk76 but I am CONVINCED that Iggy is a #4 on a Chip team REGARDLESS of who the other 2 players are.

If you dont think Iggy can be a #3 option on a contender, yo ur more delusional than I thought
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
is1531
Banned User

Post#31 » by is1531 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm

steveb21 wrote:I think Ed will definitely be looking to trade...just not for more picks. I can see him packaging our first, the Utah pick from the Korver trade and maybe a player to try and get a quality starting PF. He's already said he doesn't want to get any younger.

As for the other poster who said Igoudala is not better than Prince, he should re-word that to say "Igoudala is not better than Prince...right now". The guy has improved his game every year that he's been in the league. Also, out of all the players that turned down contracts last summer he's the only one to have gotten a raise in doing so. Ed will offer him a contract based on his market value. If Igoudala turns it down then I trust Ed will do whatever is in the best interest of the franchise.

I believe that this off season will be one of the best for 76ers fans. Why? Ed is not going to compromise this franchise to be a middle of the pack team. Whatever it takes to make this team better, Ed will find what we need.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by tk76 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:06 pm

I actually don't hold high hopes for this summer. I believe Ed will only make a major move if it gets him a franchise PF, and I doubt one will be available. I guess their is an outside shot that they can snag Brand, Okafor or JO, but I doubt it.

I expect him to make a small move to shore up the PF position with a second level guy like Frye or just stand pat.

I expect the Sixers to make a big splash next season before the deadiline. Hoefully the right PF will become available.
is1531
Banned User

Post#33 » by is1531 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:18 pm

I am going to pass on Channing Frye. He is a very soft player. Brandon Bass is more physical than Frye. Frye plays like a small forward at 6ft 10". I like Josh Childress a lot better than Frye. Childress does a lot of things well.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#34 » by SendEm » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:25 pm

If you dont think Iggy can be a #3 option on a contender, yo ur more delusional than I thought

I never said anything about JUST being a contender in regards to Iggy's placement on the talent scale? :noway:
I said CHIP...Apply yourself a little more when reading especially if you are going to subversively reply to my posts.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#35 » by SendEm » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:31 pm

is1531 wrote: I like Josh Childress a lot better than Frye.

:o

When building a team from the ground up I'll take Childress at SF over Frye at PF. But for the Sixers Frye is maybe 17 million times more valuable than Childress who can ONLY play SF and some SG. Childress is Iguodala but more skilled in the half court than the open court.
is1531
Banned User

Post#36 » by is1531 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:57 pm

SendEm wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:o

When building a team from the ground up I'll take Childress at SF over Frye at PF. But for the Sixers Frye is maybe 17 million times more valuable than Childress who can ONLY play SF and some SG. Childress is Iguodala but more skilled in the half court than the open court.

My point is, I do not like Frye as a player, without comparing him to Childress. Childress is a SF, but I know what I am getting from Childress night in and night out.

I would rather take my chances with Speights or Thompson in the draft over Frye. New York got rid of Frye because he was soft. I remember a few years back Isiah Thomas stated that Frye was untouchable. Then he goes out and trades him. I just do not want Frye on the 76ers. Frye averaged less than 7 points a game which is almost 3 points less than his career points. His minutes are down from 22 minutes to 17 minutes. I hardly think the 76ers want a player with these numbers, that plays like a spunge.

Speights has a very good post game and can score outside. Sometimes he looks like he is not motivated, but the talent is there. I think their is a chance for th e 76ers to get the forward they need in the draft.

Just remember that Stefanski was right here in Philadelphia when Pat Williiams was making all these great 76ers trades. Maybe Ed can have the same success as Pat Williams.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#37 » by IggyTheBEaST » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:11 pm

SendEm wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I never said anything about JUST being a contender in regards to Iggy's placement on the talent scale? :noway:
I said CHIP....

No team knows if they are a championship team until they win it that year, all you can say is that your team has a legitimate shot at CONTENDING for a championship.
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
is1531
Banned User

Post#38 » by is1531 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Would you make this trade? The 76ers trade pick 16 to Seattle for the 24th pick and Seatttle's ist 3 picks in round 2. I would make this trade, if I were the 76ers. I rather the 76ers take 4 cracks on clicking on 1 or 2 picks.
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#39 » by 76erinSJ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:25 pm

I like your post tk76 but I am CONVINCED that Iggy is a #4 on a Chip team REGARDLESS of who the other 2 players are.

Are you Ed? Then why should we care what you think.
Andre Miller is a bad 3pt shooter.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#40 » by SendEm » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:59 pm

No team knows if they are a championship team until they win it that year, all you can say is that your team has a legitimate shot at CONTENDING for a championship.

Lakers, Spurs, Celtics = CHIP
pistons, hornets, jazz, suns = contenders
everyone else = gone fishing

Return to Philadelphia 76ers