ImageImageImage

Ed Stefanski's Draft Track Record

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Ca
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Post#121 » by Ca » Fri Jun 6, 2008 8:42 pm

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND.

Now we're using speculation to tell me what Devin Harris WOULD AVERAGE IF HE WAS IN A BAD SITUATION. Cry about it. Devin Harris has been overwhelmingly mediocre in the NBA. His numbers in Jersey (with Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson cough Stefanski related moves cough) Show a decent pointguard, maybe middle of the pack. But he's hardly the floor general you say he is. 20ppg is not an option for him. he just doesn't have the all around offense. ANYWAY LETS NO ARGUE WHAT COULD OR COULDNT HAPPEN BASED ON YOUR LOGIC. He is NOT currently as good as any of the players I mentioned. PERIOD. LOL SEE I CAN DO IT TOO

Oh, and guess what. By your logic Don Nelson didn't draft Dirk Nowitzski. He drafted Robert Tractor Traylor LOLLOL BUST CITY DON NELSON IS A HORRIBLE GM LETS HANG HIM.

Edit: I'd like to add Antoine Wright was no where near as touted as Devin Harris. He was a mid-first pick, whereas Harris was a top 5. You're SUPPOSED to get impact players at 5.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#122 » by SendEm » Fri Jun 6, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm sorry I couldn't read your post after the 1st couple of sentences because it became obvious to me that you sought out to deny that Devin Harris is a better player than Iguodala and/or Josh Smith. This is not a point that I feel as though needs to be debated it is VERY apparent who is the best basketball player out on the COURT.
psykosacul
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#123 » by psykosacul » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:16 pm

yeah looks like i had a brain far with the don, donnie thing. i totally blanked on the whole father son situation. it still shows that the mavericks as an organization, made very similar errors during the same period that the nets did. and as several other posters have mentioned... every team passes on players over time. every team. every gm.
"get that hippy crap out of here." - the standford standout
SendEm
Banned User

Post#124 » by SendEm » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:27 pm

How are they similar mistakes when Dallas CLEARLY acquired the better talent? This all breaks down to me essentially pointing out that Stefanski has a terrible eye for talent while THE MEDIA has reported him to have a superior eye for talent. This obviously is NOT the case. Dallas at the end of the day has acquired more superior young talent by way of the draft, trades and free agency than the NETS. Dallas also is STILL a high caliber team while the Nets have deflated because the front office did a TERRIBLE job acquiring young talent to bring up the ranks in the system so what did they do? They went to Dallas to get some young talent and draft picks.

Wait a minute,why am I wasting my life arguing whether Donnie Nelson is a better GM than Stefanski when I already know that he is and every measurable source proves that he is? I have FAILED!
Ca
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Post#125 » by Ca » Fri Jun 6, 2008 9:41 pm

Are you done?

I guess that's your way of saying "I'm wrong"

I don't think Devin Harris is a better player than them, no. But as the 5th pick in the draft. He SHOULD be better, so why not worry about the REAL topic? Josh Smith wasn't even a lottery pick.
lurkingobeiscity
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#126 » by lurkingobeiscity » Sun Jun 8, 2008 7:05 am

Nets fan here. SendEm is laughable. Stefanski did a very good job in NJ but Rod Thorn is understood to be the main man in NJ, so I really don't know if you can attribute NJ's picks and trades to Stefanski, whether they were good or bad.
Enetric wrote:Although Brook is close....despite the fact that he may be the weirdest guy in the league. Love the voice...(one time...me and Robin were in a tickle fight...and I was like...Robin...stop teasing me...)
SendEm
Banned User

Re: Ed Stefanski's Draft Track Record 

Post#127 » by SendEm » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:13 am

One thing that I am certain upon is if Tony Dileo isn't the main man making the draft pick this Thursday we will end up drafting a bust or a bench player. Just look at Eddie's track record. Everything that is said to be a negative about the players available at #16 will come to full fruition after Eddie selects that player. If the player is said to have suspect effort and low skills but huge upside, you can count on that player being a lazy bum after Eddie selects him. :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers