ImageImageImage

If Interviews Are Worth Anything

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Ca
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Re: If Interviews Are Worth Anything 

Post#61 » by Ca » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Behind Thorton, Noah and the SENIOR Richard, yes.
When your frontcourt is stacked enough to bring you back to back national titles
you have the luxury of using Seniors over Freshman and developing them later.
Richard did only play 18 minutes himself & saw himself drafted in the 2nd round.
Richard also did make an NBA roster, shownig his talent wasn't lowly.
It seems like it is a testament to how strong the frontcourt was, and with Noah being more of
a finesse, Speights would be a bit redundant so he had to wait his turn.

Kenny Thomas is also 6'7'' and was very servicable before his ginormous contract.
I would love to get a prime Kenny Thomas with the 16th pick.

While I don't think he's the type of player Al Jefferson is, style especially,
I just can't resist an argument where you project stats in an effort to be correct
Just because you believe Al would have done such & such doesn't mean he would have.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#62 » by Skates » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:55 pm

In addition to working out Speights and Ryan Anderson yesterday, it appears that DiLeo has also seen Kosta Koufos (at a Jersey workout) and Deandre Jordan in a private work out. DiLeo also seems to indicate that the Sixers will likely draft a player that needs developmental time. This comment and his comment last week that the team would favor big players would seem to lean against guys like Hibbert and especially Rush, and favor guys like McGee, Speights, Koufos, Jordan, Hickson and possibly Randolph if he slips. Of course, the public musings of GMs and talent evaluators at this time of the year definitely need to be taken with a large grain of salt. Any word on whether they have seen Randolph work out?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20080620_Sixers_give_Speights_a_look.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20080620_Sixers_doing_their_homework_during_predraft_workouts.html
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#63 » by PhilasFinest » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Ryan Anderson has a pretty nice skillset for a big and it sounds like DiLeo liked him...i wouldnt mind adding a 2nd rdr and picking him up.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
STChaser
Starter
And1: 0

Post#64 » by STChaser » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:43 pm

The 6-10 Eziukwu was back yesterday for a second workout with the Sixers. "He is one of the all-time shot blockers in NCAA Division II history," DiLeo said. "We like athletic, shot-blocking people who can anchor our defense and can get out on the break. And that is why we wanted to take another look at him."

Does anyone know anything about Eziukwu? I had a hard time finding much on him but the one youtube video I saw of him looked pretty good. Dabods, since you seem to be the self-proclaimed college basketball guru, can you offer any info on the kid? The fact that DiLeo brought him back for another workout is a good sign. I wouldn't mind taking someone like him if we could acquire a second round pick.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujH2g5NnpX8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FrXvQEXt9fc

STChaser
Skates
Head Coach

Post#65 » by Skates » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Given the number of lower ranked prospects the Sixers have had in it would not be a stretch to think that they must be planning to pick up a second rounder. Obviously they could be checking out potential undrafted FA's, but I'm thinking they will pick up a second rounder or maybe two. I am also pretty pleased that DiLeo appears to be the absolute point man on the draft. I'm sure Stefanski has final say on draft night, but they didn't extend DiLeo's contract just to be a glorified scout. Extending DiLeo and apparently counting on him heavily in the draft area is probably the best move Stefanski has made as G.M. A lot of new G.M.'s would have flexed their ego and brought in their own people to put around them, good call by Eddie and the organization on keeping DiLeo happy and here.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#66 » by tk76 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:15 pm

BTW
I just read that Brands opt out date is 6/30- so we will not know about it unti after the draft.
Carmelo Anthony
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Carmelo Anthony » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:24 am

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cf ... 6361&rfi=8

Just came across this... "puts hands together in prayer"
Walk the city lonely
Memories that haunt are passing by
A murderer walks your streets tonight
Forgive me for my crimes;don't forget that I was so young
Fought so scared in the name of God and Country
Skates
Head Coach

Post#68 » by Skates » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:09 am

tk76 wrote:BTW
I just read that Brands opt out date is 6/30- so we will not know about it unti after the draft.

Yeah, must have missed the deadline up for him and Iverson who had to decide by yesteday. Marion's opt-out deadline is the 24th, although league rules allow extending it to the 30th if both parties agree.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#69 » by SendEm » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

DeAndre Jordan interviews better than Speights
http://www.revver.com/video/939798/dean ... t-tribeca/

Return to Philadelphia 76ers