Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Re: Odom Avaliable? 

Post#21 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:56 pm

tk76 wrote:
ChuckS wrote:
I do not know if he is the best financial and talent option available, or even if he really is indeed available. All I know is that we need talent so desperately that to refuse anyone good, but not Tim Duncan great, at this stage of our rebuilding, is just damn silly.

I agree. If the measuring stick for free agaents is whether they will make us Champions, then we won't be able to find anyone.

amen rev
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#22 » by IggyTheBEaST » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Yes I would be interested in Odom, but like others have said, he had a stacked team and truly didnt do it for me these playoffs. I used to be a big fan and I tried really hard to keep it that way but lets just say he made it difficult. He has alot of talent and he showed flashes but without consistency, he could likely hurt us more than helping us when we need him the most. Bottom line, Id defintely be interested but the price would have to be right
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#23 » by IggyTheBEaST » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:08 pm

tk76 wrote:
ChuckS wrote:
I do not know if he is the best financial and talent option available, or even if he really is indeed available. All I know is that we need talent so desperately that to refuse anyone good, but not Tim Duncan great, at this stage of our rebuilding, is just damn silly.

I agree. If the measuring stick for free agaents is whether they will make us Champions, then we won't be able to find anyone.

well said. iv said this a hundred times. We cant be so picky as to say we will only take nba champions. if they improve the team, they have to be considered. KG never won anything, but the celtics overlooked that didnt they, now look at em
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#24 » by bigdavid » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:38 am

We have some many posts about who and why we don't want certain players. Maybe most would not work out but we have 10 million cap space and who is available that would improve this team.

Also why do we have 3 or 4 players on the payroll using up valuable cap space that rarely play, also I believe we couldn't give than away for what they recieve in salary.Thanks BK.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#25 » by sixerswillrule » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:36 am

These are some ridiculous comments, saying that Odom is not needed here because we have Iguodala and Thad. You're forgetting that Odom is one of the best defensive rebounders in the league. He would help us out tremendously in that area. That's not even mentioning his many other abilities. For a PF(and he is a PF, much more then he is a SF), his outside shooting is pretty good. His handles are excellent, he has great length and athleticism, and he is a solid defender. Oh yeah, and the guy has some very nice offensive moves as well. We would be helped out in so many ways with him on this team...
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by SendEm » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:19 am

IggyTheBEaST wrote:Yes I would be interested in Odom, but like others have said, he had a stacked team and truly didnt do it for me these playoffs. I used to be a big fan and I tried really hard to keep it that way but lets just say he made it difficult. He has alot of talent and he showed flashes but without consistency, he could likely hurt us more than helping us when we need him the most. Bottom line, Id defintely be interested but the price would have to be right

Precisely. Odom for Willie Green, Booth, Jason Smith, and Carney even though I like Carney's defense. Meaning, if we can virtually give up absolutely nothing to get him then I'd want him just to roll the dice and see what happens in the playoffs because you have to actually get to the playoffs to win the CHIP. But us people that know basketball can figure out who the winner will most likely be (barring trades and injuries) even before the season starts. Who didn't know that the Celtics were going to win it all last September?

But if we have to give up #16, Lou Williams, and Reggie Evans to get Odom I would pass. There is no future in Odom so why mortgage it...
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#27 » by 76erinSJ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:26 am

A big no to Odem. Unless he cost us nothing like Sendem said I dont want him. Him and Miller coming off the books next year would be great though.
Andre Miller is a bad 3pt shooter.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers