ImageImageImage

FWIW

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

FWIW 

Post#1 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:54 pm

Eric Gordon is the ONLY prospect close to the top 8 or 9 that the Sixers worked out.

I don't know if they think he's falling, or if they are considering moving up. But the NYK thing sounds a bit more realistic...hehe.

'Eric Gordon, PG, Indiana – LA Clippers, New York, Philadelphia"

http://realgm.com/src_feature_article/1 ... kout_list/
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
PhenomThad31
Junior
And1: 0

Re: FWIW 

Post#2 » by PhenomThad31 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Glad we are looking at him. He can really be something special. In fact, i think he could have the better career than Mayo and Bayless when it is all said and done, i really like this kids ability.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 536

Post#3 » by dbodner » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:59 pm

I've been told that the Sixers have convinced Gordon's agent that they can legitimately move into the top 6. Gordon would not work out for a 16th pick otherwise.

(Gordon and Iguodala share the same agent, so they have a working relationship with him).
twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA :: Senior writer, The Athletic Philadelphia
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#4 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 pm

O....cool. dabods, do you have legit sources, like on the inside? or is it just friend of a friend sort of thing?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by dbodner » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:17 pm

I know the uncle of the guy who grooms Ed Stefanski's personal assistant's dogs.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#6 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:00 pm

dbodner wrote:I've been told that the Sixers have convinced Gordon's agent that they can legitimately move into the top 6. Gordon would not work out for a 16th pick otherwise.

(Gordon and Iguodala share the same agent, so they have a working relationship with him).

I don't suppose you have any details as to what potential deals can move them into the top 6
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by dbodner » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:16 pm

I don't think this necessarily means that they've come to terms on a trade, but that they feel if there's someone they like strongly enough, they're confident knowing they are close enough to a trade that they can make one happen. I don't know the specifics of a trade, but if I find out and it's info I can share, I will.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#8 » by freshie2 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 pm

I didn't know he had dogs...I thought it was his hamster walker (thought the wheel was cruel).
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#9 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 pm

good enough.... less than a week now
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by dbodner » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:46 pm

freshie2 wrote:I didn't know he had dogs...I thought it was his hamster walker (thought the wheel was cruel).

Damn. I've been ousted.
Phillysprint
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Phillysprint » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:26 am

Have the sixers worked out any of the international players? I find it odd that there doesnt seem to be any interest from the sixers in these players. Both guys from France look good, and then you have Ibaka... all of which would be on the board when the sixers pick. Sixers loved Yi last year, and i think Ibaka could be better then Yi.
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#12 » by The Sixer Fixer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:38 am

dbodner wrote:I've been told that the Sixers have convinced Gordon's agent that they can legitimately move into the top 6. Gordon would not work out for a 16th pick otherwise.

I would love to move up and grab Gordon. Obviously we won't get high enough to get Rose or Beasley. The only other 2 guys I would move up for are Gordon and Bayless. Probably Mayo too, but I'm still not 100% sold on him. After those 5 guys I consider everyone else a big risk and think we would be better off just picking whoever is there at 16 (and saving whatever asset we would have to give up to move up).

If we can add a legit PF via FA in the next 2 years, I will really like the making of that team. I'd like it even more if Gordon can develop into a PG in the NBA, but I really don't see that happening right now.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#13 » by LongLiveHinkie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:41 am

Gordon is my #1 want in the draft. He is exactly the type of player we need. I'd be ecstatic if we could get him.
Mahorn at the 4
Senior
And1: 7

Post#14 » by Mahorn at the 4 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:33 pm

If the 6ers have their sights set on a top 6 pick, it must be NY or Memphis and it would likely involve taking back a big contract.

Would it be: Cardinal, Milicic, Curry, Randolph?
tanman636
Junior

Post#15 » by tanman636 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 pm

it would be amazing if we can get eric gordon.

i think we should trade Willie Green, Carney, and 16th pick to the knicks for Randolph and the 6th pick. We can draft a scorer and get a pretty decent PF also. But i think we should only do this if we are certain Brand wont opt out.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:50 am

What makes this difficult is whether or not Zach Randolph has A: Improved on his interior defense and B: Passing ability. If he has, then **** Elton Brand. That'd be as close to a Boston year as we get, Gordan and Randolph.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#17 » by corwin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 am

Sorry guys, i just don't get the infatuation with Eric Gordon. The kid is 6'2" in his bare feet & all of the wingspan, standing reach, etc. can't compensate for that fact. I've also read over and over that he has no PG skills so we're talking about another undersized SG. At least Lou Williams at 6'0" has some PG skills & can play the PG position at times. I just don't see how this makes EricGordon a bit different from Ben Gordon. If you want that type of player offer $7 million per year for Ben Gordon. At least we don't have to discuss the positives about the cancer known as Zach Randolph & even remotely consider putting him on the team. Trading for Zach just to swap picks #6 & #16 is mismanagement of the highest order. I'll be in favor of firing Ed the day that happens. The honeymoon will be over.
dbodner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by dbodner » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:18 am

The kid is 6'2" in his bare feet

Are we playing beach basketball now?

Iguodala was 6'5" in his bare feet. I'm not sure the relevance though.

Eric Gordon's defense is twice as good as Ben Gordon. If Ben Gordon played defense, he'd be a very, very valuable player.
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#19 » by The Sixer Fixer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:26 am

corwin wrote: At least we don't have to discuss the positives about the cancer known as Zach Randolph & even remotely consider putting him on the team. Trading for Zach just to swap picks #6 & #16 is mismanagement of the highest order. I'll be in favor of firing Ed the day that happens. The honeymoon will be over.

I don't think you need to worry about Randolph becomming a Sixer. Just look at this quote from DiLeo regarding what the Sixers look for in draft pick...

What is something that you look for in every player you draft?
TD: Character is something we go for; we have a good group of players and we want to continue that. They have to not only fit in with our style, (we’re an athletic and up tempo style team), but they also have to fit in with our personality; they have to fit for us. We try to make sure it’s a good fit because we had good chemistry last season and we want to continue that. We want to bring players who will fit in with our team.

He speaks about charater and fitting an uptemp system as the two key things. Zach does not fit either of those two criteria points in that profile. If they are not willing to risk character issues with a draft pick, what makes anyone think they would be willing to risk it with a guy they are paying 16 mil/yr? I'm faily certain this whole Zach rumor was something just started by a writer in Philly or NY and everyone else ran with it.
PhenomThad31
Junior

Post#20 » by PhenomThad31 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:36 am

The Sixer Fixer wrote:He speaks about charater and fitting an uptemp system as the two key things. Zach does not fit either of those two criteria points in that profile. If they are not willing to risk character issues with a draft pick, what makes anyone think they would be willing to risk it with a guy they are paying 16 mil/yr? I'm faily certain this whole Zach rumor was something just started by a writer in Philly or NY and everyone else ran with it.

I'm not so sure about that. Sixersfan1976 said that it had legs in one post and has been in multiple articles. I think it atleast has been discussed.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers