ImageImageImage

Baron Davis to Philly and Andre Miller to Cleveland

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Re: Baron Davis to Philly and Andre Miller to Cleveland 

Post#21 » by 51X3RF4N » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Ummm....please explain to me how moving up in the draft AND getting another first rounder higher up in the draft, plus adding a tough gritty defensive minded PF who can rebound very well and turns up the energy lvl during the playoffs is a sack of crap.

Everyone was all over Evans' junk during the playoffs, but now Evans and 2 first rounders is crap? Lolz.....

Not to mention Utah is looking to deal Boozer...and they can use the 2 picks to fill 2 needs.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#22 » by tk76 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:31 pm

Let me be more specific about the bag of crap:

Moving up from 23 to 19 is not worth much (we only got a 2nd rounder for dropping from 13 to 16 and 19 to 23 is not as big a move since it is farther from the lottery.)

The #16 pick has some value, but not much. Again, we are talking a mid 1st rounder, not even a lottery pick. The average #16 pick is either a bench player or out of the league in 4 years.

Evans has little value considering he is a one dimentional player with a long contract that isn't even that cheap. We got him for Steven Hunter, and now we are going to send him and a non-lottery 1st for a young All Star PF?

Its one thing when the Sixers are forced to trade away a malcontent 31 year AI making 20M and potentially soon past his prime for 2 late 1sts and a good player in Miller. Stealing a young, all star PF who is not even on the trading block is another thing entirely.

To even think about Boozer we would have to send Iguodala and Sam+ #16. The only thing in our favor is that Boozer can opt out next year, but why wouldn't Utah extend him?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#23 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:42 am

Well, forget it. I'm drunk again as usual and I can't think of a good enough response because I was pipe-dreaming when I spoke of Boozer....Lol.

I really just don't think 2 first rounders and Evans is crap. It would get us a lot of players. And I recall reading somewhere that Boozer was available. So, I put 2 and 2 together and got 4. Well, maybe I got 5 and you called me on it. Hehe.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by tk76 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:15 am

No prob. Not trying to pick a fight. I'm actually a fan of what Evans brings as a reserve.

I hope Ed surprises us all and somehow uses cap space and smoke and mirrors to steal a good PF for this team.
76erinSJ
Senior
And1: 0

Post#25 » by 76erinSJ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:36 pm

Iguodala is not equal to Rip and Ray Allen. Iguodala has no outside shot and he's a poor penetrator which means that his 20ppg is a direct result from jacking up a bunch of midrange shots at a poor percentage that he no longer will be taking with more talented players on the team. Iggy will become a 15ppg player overnight with the addition of Brand and Baron.

I thought Dalas 20pppg were a direct result of him getting dunks in the open court and opps? Which is it?
Andre Miller is a bad 3pt shooter.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by tk76 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Rip and Allen will both go down as better career players than Iguodala. Rip is 30, and Allen is nearly 33. But I see Iguodala next year as being as effective as the other two when you look at his overall impact on the floor, and not just his shooting. As I said before, I don't expect everyone to agree.

I think Rip is a tiny bit better than Iguodala overall- and much more of a weapon in the system he is used. However, I think Rip's weaknesses would be exposed if he didn't get to cover the Willie Green's of the world (Billups and Prince always take the tougher 2 covers.) This frees up Rip to focus in on what he is great at- shooting midrange jumpers.

No doubt Rip could average a whole lot better than his 17/3/4 on a lesser team where he was more the go to man- but at the same time he would not be able to be as efficient , and he would be called on to do a lot more heavy lifting on defense. Think of how many of his jumpers are uncontested because of the Pistons balanced, talented attack. how many uncontested jumpers did Iguodala take because of the great ball movement and threat of WG, Sam and Evans?

For Allen I make a similar arguement, and he is past his prime.

Put Iguodala next to KG and PP and he would not have to (or chiose to) jack up so many shots. His shots would be dunks of completely open jumpers- which he is becoming very good at (most of his Sixers jumpers are contested, not wide open.) Iguodala's defense would also be much better simply because he would not have to be the man on both ends of the floor, and its easier to defend when you are always winning (which he would be teamed up with Rondo/Peirce/KG and Sam.
girlygirl
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#27 » by girlygirl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 am

TEAMS CAN'T SIGN FREE AGENTS UNTIL MID JULY!!! You would think a so-called "NBA Insider" would know this stuff.

Also Baron likely isn't going to opt out, because he knows he isn't going to get $17 million from any other team. It's the same thing with Shawn marion...why would he opt out when he's end up getting a contract for far less than the $17 million he is due for next season?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by tk76 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:00 am

Baron has a history of injuries. If he gets hurt next year he makes his 17M for 2008, but misses out on his last huge payday. The Sixers could pay him in the 5yr/65M rang. 65M is a lot more than 17M.

That said, I don't see any teams that would rush to sign him. Only Philly and Memphis have the cash (and Miami if Marion opts out) but neither is in the market for a vet PG.

The rumor was about GS trading Baron to Philly for Miller and cap relief so they can sign their other players and stay under the tax.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers