ImageImageImage

Ryan Anderson

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

05PhillyAI
Sophomore
And1: 15

Ryan Anderson 

Post#1 » by 05PhillyAI » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:34 pm

What are your thoughts on this guy? Do you think he might be worth getting a later first round pick for? I know he worked out for the sixers already and that he might not be the most physical player, but I think his inside/outside game might benefit the team.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Ryan Anderson 

Post#2 » by SendEm » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:19 am

Outrageous stats. No one is talking about him at all. You would want his blocked shots and field goal percentage to be higher for a 6'10 sophomore playing against college athletes. I would forget about his jump shot and put back centered offense and concentrate on whether he could translate his rebounding to the NBA level.
is1531
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by is1531 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:26 am

05PhillyAI wrote:What are your thoughts on this guy? Do you think he might be worth getting a later first round pick for? I know he worked out for the sixers already and that he might not be the most physical player, but I think his inside/outside game might benefit the team.

He is not that physical. He likes to take outside shots and 3 point shots. He might be something similar to Hido Turkoglu, but Hido is much better at taking it to the hoop than Anderson. I would think that the 76ers would try to seek an extra ist round pick for Thompson, Ibaka or a shooting guard.

I am wondering who the the 76ers would take if Speights was gone. I do believe Speights is the 76ers clear cut choice, if they stay at 16.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:43 am

Marquee Speights is a BUST to me, I'd rather take Javale McGee. I think he's NBA ready
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#5 » by The Sixer Fixer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:07 am

Anderson reminds me of a cross between Jason Smith and Nick Fazekas from last year draft. Fazekas put up great number, but lacks the atleticism that is usually required in the NBA. I see Anderson in the same mold. I would much rather try to get Richard Hendrix (major sleeper IMO) if we are trying to acquire a late 1st/early 2nd. I'm assuming that McGee, Koufos, Lopez, Thompson and Hickson are all off the board. If one of them is still there, I would take them over Anderson as well. I'd probably even take international players like Ibaka, Ajinca and Jawai before him too.
KennerLeaguer
Junior
And1: 32

Post#6 » by KennerLeaguer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Marquee Speights is a BUST to me, I'd rather take Javale McGee. I think he's NBA ready

Seriously do you wannabe draft gurus eevn keep up with informatio regarding these prospects?
MCGee has been a wrokout disappointmet. Hell, it wasn't as if he came out of school all that
polished in the first place nor did he play in a great conference. Plus he has an idiot mom who
has been telling him to not workout for any team out of the lottery even though he isn't likley
to go that high. He was recently exposed in the Bobcats' workouts by Hibbert and that French
center and now he is essentially ducking competition. Its one thing to think he has "upside"
which most of the NBA busts are tagged as having when teams have to justify their drafting
them. But even those who think highly of McGee feel he is at least a couple years away
from being a true contributor. And yet despite all of this you think this kid is NBA ready?
You must have a different definition for "ready".
is1531
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by is1531 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:10 pm

KennerLeaguer wrote:
Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Marquee Speights is a BUST to me, I'd rather take Javale McGee. I think he's NBA ready

Seriously do you wannabe draft gurus eevn keep up with informatio regarding these prospects?
MCGee has been a wrokout disappointmet. Hell, it wasn't as if he came out of school all that
polished in the first place nor did he play in a great conference. Plus he has an idiot mom who
has been telling him to not workout for any team out of the lottery even though he isn't likley
to go that high. He was recently exposed in the Bobcats' workouts by Hibbert and that French
center and now he is essentially ducking competition. Its one thing to think he has "upside"
which most of the NBA busts are tagged as having when teams have to justify their drafting
them. But even those who think highly of McGee feel he is at least a couple years away
from being a true contributor. And yet despite all of this you think this kid is NBA ready?
You must have a different definition for "ready".

I saw him play 4 full games this season. He needs at least 1 or more years to reach his potential. He can make up recovery time in a hurry to lock shots. I think he should have stayed in college 1 more year to polish up his game.

My ist choice for the 76ers is Speights, but most GS fans want him at 14. In that case I go with Jason Thompson.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#8 » by PhilasFinest » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:10 pm

If Speights is gone...JJ Hickson is my dark horse pick.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .

Return to Philadelphia 76ers