C: Sam, Hibbert, Speights

or

CELTICS:

PG: Rondo, Cassell
SG: Ray Allen, House
SF: Pierce, Posey
PF: Garnett, Powe, Davis
C: Perkins, P.J. Brown

In terms of age, I think it's a no-brainer that the Sixers would be more appealing. In terms of right now, obviously, it would be great having a team that just won the Championship. Just how good could the above Sixer roster be? Thoughts...

STChaser
is1531
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: What Team Would You Rather Have? 

Post#2 » by is1531 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:43 pm

STChaser wrote:NEW LOOK SIXERS:

PG: Lou Williams / Andre Miller
SG: Iguodala, Carney
SF: Thaddeus Young, Josh Smith
PF: Josh Smith, Speights, Evans
C: Sam, Hibbert, Speights

or

CELTICS:

PG: Rondo, Cassell
SG: Ray Allen, House
SF: Pierce, Posey
PF: Garnett, Powe, Davis
C: Perkins, P.J. Brown

In terms of age, I think it's a no-brainer that the Sixers would be more appealing. In terms of right now, obviously, it would be great having a team that just won the Championship. Just how good could the above Sixer roster be? Thoughts...

The 76ers would need buy another ist round pick to get Hibbert. Some sellers could be Seattle at 24, New Orleans at 27 and Memphis at 28. I also forgot Portland, but that would take a trade. However, I love the lineup you put together. It's an instant ticket seller.

STChaser
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#3 » by tk76 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:45 pm

For the next 2 years, definitely the Celtics. After that, the Sixers, unless somehow they turn that 65M of big 3 contracts into an infusion of young talent.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#4 » by Cru Thik » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:29 am

Us but how are you giving up Hibbert and Speights two players who should be top 15-20 picks in the draft later this week? We only have one draft choice being at 16 correct me if i'm wrong?
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
noone
Analyst

Post#5 » by noone » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:38 am

The Celtics, and it isn't even close. Forgetting the fact that they just won the championship, the Sixers may never be as close to winning a championship in the next 10 years as Boston is now.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by SendEm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:21 am

AGE? Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen have many years left. These are elite players and athletes. All three of them will be factors for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time. We are talking like 6 seasons. People place a lot of emphasis on athletes being on the "wrong side" of 30. But they forget to deemphasis it when dealing with the absolute elite athletes in a sport. Ray Allen, Pierce, and Garnett are the elite and all will be HOF players. These are players that will play till they are 38,39,40 and do so at a high skilled level. The only thing that could potentially stop them is health due to a chronic injury. I don't see either of them ever being run off of the court at age 38 by 25 year olds. They are just too good and by then they could have other younger players contributing. Just Imagine how good Rondo and Perkins will be in 4 years...
76erinSJ
Senior

Post#7 » by 76erinSJ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:23 am

Boston now has a 2 year window at the Chip. Winning it the 1st year will just make them complacent. There drive will be gone and so will thier stamina. By 2010 2 of the 3 will not be in Boston anymore.
Andre Miller is a bad 3pt shooter.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#8 » by LongLiveHinkie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:33 am

The Sixers and it isn't even close.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#9 » by freshie2 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:55 am

Due to allegiance, I'll take the Sixers lineup, but the Celtics lineup is superior. Hopefully in a season or two, these franchises can return to a competitive rivalry that is similar to what we saw in the early 80s.
STChaser
Starter

Post#10 » by STChaser » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:41 pm

The rationale for getting both Speights and Hibbert goes as follows:

We package Jason Smith, Willie Green, and our 2009 1st round pick we got from Utah for a mid to late 1st rounder pick this year. I've seen Hibbert going as late as 23 on some mock draft sites. We then use our 16th pick on Speights (assuming he's still on the board), and our latter pick on Hibbert. To be honest, both players would be instrumental in filling our gaps. We need more depth behind Sam (and I'm not talking Calvin Booth depth here) and we need a solid PF who can throw his weight around in the paint and who possesses a back-to-the-basket game. There is a good possibility that Hibbert and Speights would fill those voids.

STChaser
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:24 pm

76erinSJ wrote:Boston now has a 2 year window at the Chip. Winning it the 1st year will just make them complacent. There drive will be gone and so will thier stamina. By 2010 2 of the 3 will not be in Boston anymore.

The Boston Celtics are NOT, I repeat, are NOT the Detroit Pistons(thank god). All you hear from the C's is how to win and improve. There is no taint of arrogance in that lockerroom. They will never lose their drive.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers