ImageImageImage

Would the 76ers be interested in this trade? (NYK/PHI)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Do you guys do this?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes: 16

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Would the 76ers be interested in this trade? (NYK/PHI) 

Post#1 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:41 am

Knicks are currently in talks to get Memphis's first round draft pick. Anyways...that would leave us with pick 5 and pick 6

I honestly think that one of those picks SHOULD be used to move a bad contract. Philly seems like a good trade partner for us.

New York Knicks Trade:

Pf: Zach Randolph
#6 pick (Jerryd Bayless could fall here, Eric Gordan, DJ Augestine) You get your PG/Sg of the future or maybe fill another weakness you guys have?

If the number 5 pick is more sexy to u, u can have that. As long as you dont take Westbrook :D

Philly Trades:

Andre Miller
Calvin Booth
pick 16

Phillys future lineup

Dalembert
Randolph
Young
Iggy
Bayless

randolph has been rumored to be wanted by cheeks. Also...Randolph would go good next to Dalembert, I really like Thaddeus and think he will be the starter ina year or 2...and with bayless developing...and Randolph/Dalembert and Iggy all being young...you guys would have a pretty sexy starting lineup

Would you guys do that? I wouldnt do the trade unless we got your pick back...We would probably just Cut Miller or Marbury...one or the other...so u can probably have Miller back for the LLE or somthing for the rest of the year
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: Would the 76ers be interested in this trade? (NYK/PHI) 

Post#2 » by LongLiveHinkie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:46 am

Not interested in the slightest. No interest in Randolph.
blazehound
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#3 » by blazehound » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:47 am

Yeah, no way.
Fire BK
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Fire BK » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:48 am

Stop. Just stop.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#5 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:49 am

So, how do you plan to get Memphis's pick for nothing? Especially when they are SERIOUSLY in talks with Miami to get Beasley......

And yeah, i might do the deal you mentioned.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#6 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:52 am

Im not planning on anything...its just suposedly..the knicks and Memphis are seriously talking about a trade to get the knicks pick #5.

Miami wants Mayo...And i think the only way they trade Beasley, is if Mayo drops to pick 5...which i highly doubt it does
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by SendEm » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:01 am

Sorry the Knicks are stuck with Zach. Zach has a track record of getting GM's fired. I doubt a third GM takes a chance on him. :lol:
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#8 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 am

No chance. The Knicks aren't going to unload Randolph's hideous contract and obtain Andre Miller in return.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:19 am

i know you aren't planning anything, but please post a link that shows some sort of evidence that NY is trying to steal away a top 5 pick without giving up #6.

That's all I'm saying.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#10 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 am

If u want to go to the knicks board...the link is there...bust suposedly the deal is like

David Lee
Malik Rose

Cardinal

somthing like that...If Love falls to 5..trade doesnt happen, if Love gets picked by Sea or Minn...then The deal is more then likely on.
shadowTerp
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#11 » by shadowTerp » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:29 am

The Guilty Party wrote:No chance. The Knicks aren't going to unload Randolph's hideous contract and obtain Andre Miller in return.

QFT. Take out Miller and put in Green... and some fans may bite.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#12 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 am

If philly fans really want Andre Miller to sign...Like i said in the first post...i could care less if this went down

We buyout Andre...then he signs back up with yall for the LLE 1 year deal..this way u guys got

Dalembert
Randolph
Young
Iggy
Miller/Bayless or Augestine

I dont want Miller...just want his contract :D
shadowTerp
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#13 » by shadowTerp » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:48 am

Miller won't resign with us, most likely. So, that won't work.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:01 am

Wow...I checked it out. And that is a terrible deal for Memphis. Why in the hell would you give up the #5 pick for fricken David Lee? He isn't worth it in this deep draft. They could trade down with a number of other teams looking to trade up who could offer a lower pick or 2 and players.

This just doesn't make sense. All the luck in the world to NY getting it done and running with 2 rooks in the starting lineup.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
SendEm
Banned User

Post#15 » by SendEm » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:35 am

If this trade happens it would become very clear that Memphis is being used by the NBA as a quick way to get both the Lakers and Knicks franchises back to power. Trading away Pau Gasol for nothing then giving up the #5 pick for David Lee? Foul play...
jmon
Junior

Post#16 » by jmon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 am

The David Lee, cap space for #5 apparently has some legs.

Here is a Memphis Griz blog entry that attempts to sort through their various rumors... http://cmimemphis.com/grizblog/node/312

Lee is a good player as well. Not a slouch or anything. Saves Memphis money which they have made it known is priority #1.

@knicksfan

In case you don't know, Andre Miller was probably the 2nd best PG in the East last year trailing only Chuancey and maybe Calderon. Also, the Sixers are below the cap so money doesn't have to match. The Sixers could eat up to 11 million in salary for the upcoming season hypothetically.

Also, Jason Smith might be a perfect fit for Coach D's system. I would think the Knicks would push hard to get him(or Carney) in any deal really.

Why SHOULD Philly be a good place to move a bad contract? We are a good young team looking to use our cap space to get a player to make us a contender, not a marginally better team. We aren't interested in a Z-bo shortcut I SHOULD hope.

I don't see a deal happening personally. Zach isn't my type of player(a bad one) though so I am honestly biased here.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#17 » by Sixersftw » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 am

51X3RF4N wrote: Why in the hell would you give up the #5 pick for fricken David Lee? He isn't worth it in this deep draft.

is that the general consensus? the draft is deep. maybe i'm just off base but this draft looks like 3 very good players and then a giant blanket of mediocrity after pick 3.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#18 » by tk76 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:17 am

Philly really needs to start getting some free stuff from Memphis before all the good stuff is gone. never be the last on to a fire sale...

We have the cap space to absorb Cardinal- they should be dealing with us.
SendEm
Banned User

Post#19 » by SendEm » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:21 am

tk76 wrote:Philly really needs to start getting some free stuff from Memphis before all the good stuff is gone. never be the last on to a fire sale...

We have the cap space to absorb Cardinal- they should be dealing with us.

Now ain't that the truth. :D
jmon
Junior

Post#20 » by jmon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:25 am

SendEm wrote:If this trade happens it would become very clear that Memphis is being used by the NBA as a quick way to get both the Lakers and Knicks franchises back to power. Trading away Pau Gasol for nothing then giving up the #5 pick for David Lee? Foul play...

Well, what if they like Lee? He is a good young player. Not great by any stretch, but good. The deal saves them money, which is priority #1 there.

If noone else is willing to beat that offer, especially from the East, then who are we to complain?

Could the Sixers beat that offer?

They could package Smith, cap space for #5, Cardinal. That doesn't beat the Knicks offer according to many NBA observers I am sure. Add in #16... then the Sixers are paying a good amount to move up 11 spots in a "deep draft" according to most and kill their space. Would the Sixers offer that?

The Nets could take Cardinal, #5 and give back an expiring contract and #10. Is David Lee worth more than the #10 pick? I don't know.

Someone else has to step up...

EDIT: Cap space doesn't materialize till July 1, stupid me...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers