ImageImageImage

Would the 76ers be interested in this trade? (NYK/PHI)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Do you guys do this?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes: 16

SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Would the 76ers be interested in this trade? (NYK/PHI) 

Post#21 » by SendEm » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:35 am

If Memphis makes this deal it becomes evident that they are going to either go full strength at a restricted free agent like Monta or Josh Smith, or they REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to cut all salary for whatever business reason. If Memphis isn't just cutting salary then one restricted free agent is switching teams this off season. Could it be Emeka? Monta? J Smith? Iggy? Biendrins? Deng? Gordon?
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#22 » by tk76 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:40 am

A deal with NY would NOT clear up any cap space this year. It would just replace Cardinal's bad contract with a better player in Lee, but they will still roughly the same amount of cap space (excet for saving the salary that would have gone to the #1 pick.)

I can't see how a bad team can give up the chance of drafting a potential superstar. Top 5 picks are incredibly valuable. Lee is a nice player, but a top 5 pick is one of your only shots to find a franchise player.
jmon
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by jmon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:54 am

SendEm wrote:If Memphis makes this deal it becomes evident that they are going to either go full strength at a restricted free agent like Monta or Josh Smith, or they REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to cut all salary for whatever business reason. If Memphis isn't just cutting salary then one restricted free agent is switching teams this off season. Could it be Emeka? Monta? J Smith? Iggy? Biendrins? Deng? Gordon?

I agree. They may be gearing up for next offseason though as well, to make a serious run at a guy like Boozer...
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#24 » by sec-106 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:44 am

ONLY if FatZach is not involved.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#25 » by corwin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Many of us wouldn't take Zach Randolph if you gave us the #6 pick free and clear. Don't be surprised if he has to be bought out before all is said and done.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#26 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:31 pm

"Could it be Emeka? Monta? J Smith? Iggy? Biendrins? Deng? Gordon?"

Hahahahahahaha......I'm sorry. I could just SEE your eyes light up and your smile wide as the blue sky when you type I-G-G-Y-?

That is good stuff man. And you slipped him in between a bunch of other names.

Sorry again, I just got a chuckle out of that. I agree though, it's very possible that they might throw a HUGE deal at someone like Iggy who they might like a lot. And then we would have to match some crappy overvalued deal for him.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#27 » by IggyTheBEaST » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:48 pm

maybe curry and 5 for wilie g and 16

but we dont want zach and we are certainly not trading you miller for him
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#28 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 pm

K , obvoiusly this is a no (13 nos to 2 yesses)

Only reason Andre was included was to make salery work...and we could of cut andre..but you guys willl be way under the cap..so you could just take his contract if youw anted and keep andre. But i dont see you guys wasting all that open cap space on Randolph.

Maybe in a year or 2 after you make a big signing.

Dalembert
Randolph
Josh Smith???
Iggy
????

Unless you wanted to take Zach contract and the #6 ...i would be down to do that...i thought philly would be a good trade partner because they are already in playoff contention and could us an inside scorer, and somone to take the load off of IGGY. Plus there were rumors that he was wanted, figured Zach and #6 could of caused one of you to bite.

Could get a good young pg for the future too.

O well, Worth a shot, was just bored. Thanks for the responses, and thanks for being mature and not flaming me

Return to Philadelphia 76ers