ImageImageImage

What happened to Shav?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Jon_Bon
Senior
And1: 0

What happened to Shav? 

Post#1 » by Jon_Bon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 am

It's that time of the year again when everyone is searching for reliable players to fill out their rotations.

Just got me thinking about Shav. I remember he played pretty well a few seasons back after not being drafted and then he broke his ankle and I haven't seen him since.

Is the ankle still troubling him or did his form just drop off?
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Re: What happened to Shav? 

Post#2 » by ITK9 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:08 am

if he is healthy i would bring him back for minimum.
Jon_Bon
Senior

Post#3 » by Jon_Bon » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:25 am

So his ankle was still a concern then rather than him being outplayed?
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#4 » by freshie2 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:34 am

Who knows...a new GM often means players will turn over, especially fringe players. Given this roster, Shav really wasn't a fit as they have much better players that can cover the PF rotation, and he's not big enough to really be a back up center. If it came down to depth, he'd probably be the 5th PF, and really doesn't have enough upside to warrant keeping him. It may have been the injury, could have been renouncing his rights helped with FA's, could have been he's not good enough to see the court...most likely a combo of the three.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#5 » by PhilasFinest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:22 pm

honestly theres just no room for Shav.
He never recovered from his injury and wasnt too special to begin with and now with Brand/Evans/Smith and Speights all better than him,it makes 0 sense for him to clog up a roster spot.

we need cheap guards now to clog up the pine.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 472

Post#6 » by Sixercise » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:31 pm

*sigh* It's a shame that shav may not be back....remembering way back when BK was GM and kinda gave shav the red carpet treatment....yeah he had his moments, but as philasfinest said, there's just no room for him anymore....
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#7 » by 83SixersRocked » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:39 pm

jiggy08 wrote:*sigh* It's a shame that shav may not be back....remembering way back when BK was GM and kinda gave shav the red carpet treatment....yeah he had his moments, but as philasfinest said, there's just no room for him anymore....

I agree, It is a shame. As much as I liked the guy's effort, the up-side of that equation is that the 6ers are getting better, and the next step would be to improve the bench. They appear to have started that with drafting Speights and signing getting EB. To further digress, I like Evans off the bench and I hope the 6ers keep him unless some too-good-to-be-true trade materializes. Hopefully Shav can catch on somewhere with somebody that does have the room.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#8 » by IggyTheBEaST » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:32 pm

I liked shav. I was a shav fan. Speights and Brand additions make his return unlikely especially if Reggie stays. He will be missed.
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
Shav
Freshman

Post#9 » by Shav » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:34 pm

I think I speak for the masses when I say we'd prefer this roster Shav'd to Un-Shav'd.

Shav was a great bench player IMO, capable of giving you 10-20 minutes of production when on the floor. He hustled and grabbed boards when no one else really did when we had little to offer at the PF position.

The acquistion of Evans, followed by the drafting of Smith cut his play time huge (injury aside). Then Sixers drafted Speights another PF and then in a surprisng turn of events Sixers landed Brand. There's simply no room for Shav on this roster, as much as I'd love him in a Sixers uni for near minimum. The sixers used to have a plethora of 3's and now we have the same situation at the 4. If we're somehow able to deal Evans or Smith for a bench player at the 2/3 and then sign Shav to spell the 4's I don't think we're going to lose any edge there.

You see this cat Shav is a bad mother— Shut your mouth!
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#10 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:10 pm

LOL! When was Shav ever really any good? We loved his hustle especially when he came into the game for Webber but when oh when did he ever show that he was ever anything more than a 10th man in this league? Was he even on a summer team roster?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers