ImageImageImage

CHI/PHI

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

carltong23
Junior
And1: 6

Re: CHI/PHI 

Post#21 » by carltong23 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:25 pm

We dont need to make any major trades right now as far as Iguodala. He's a proven player, at the SF position at least and maybe at the SG. The only player I'd trade him for straight up(besides Kobe,Lebron, etc) is Kevin Martin because he can shoot the lights out. Other than that Id do everything possible to keep him this year.

However, I would consider trading Andre Miller for Heinrich or a re-signed Gordon. Id prefer Gordon though because I think he can handle the point guard position and he's really underrated. People on this board think hes a gunner like A.I. or Gilbert but thats far from the truth. His stats compare more closely to Chauncy Billups, who most people would agree is one of the best pure points. He'll never average 10 assists per game, but he shoots 40% from three,90% from the foul line and 43% from the floor. And he's never played with a post presence like Elton Brand so Im confident he'd be even better with the Sixers.

Andre Miller for re-signed Gordon and Sefolosha.
Shav
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Shav » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:39 am

Both Hinrich and Gordon are vastly overrated.

Keep them far away from my squad.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#23 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:07 am

There's nothing "over rated" about either Hinrich and Gordan. They are what they are. Even Chicago knows this. Hinrich is a solid starting PG with a 3pt shot. Nothing special, but nothing to scoff at(See:Miller). And Gordan is your prototypical 6th man that has some potential to be a PG. And that can only help.

IMO, we don't give up Williams in the deal. No 2 PG'S for 1. If you need a reserve that badly. Either sign 1 or we'll trade you recently signed Ivey.
jmon
Junior

Post#24 » by jmon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:20 am

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:If Bulls are not willing to meet the high demands of Deng & Gordon because the owner refuses to pay Lux Tax - there is absolutely no possibility he will be willing to pay Iggy what he wants.

Trade will be very hard since Iggy would be BYC & both teams will be over cap (with cap holds considered)

That should have just ended this thread. It really should have.
psykosacul
Head Coach

Post#25 » by psykosacul » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:56 am

jmon wrote:
Tommy Udo 6 wrote:If Bulls are not willing to meet the high demands of Deng & Gordon because the owner refuses to pay Lux Tax - there is absolutely no possibility he will be willing to pay Iggy what he wants.

Trade will be very hard since Iggy would be BYC & both teams will be over cap (with cap holds considered)

That should have just ended this thread. It really should have.

i see your logic here, but maybe the bulls arent willing to go over for those specific players. iggy has proven to be a better overall talent than gordon, and more productive than deng. maybe they would pay the luxury tax for the right guy, and those two just aint it.
"get that hippy crap out of here." - the standford standout
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#26 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Shav wrote:Both Hinrich and Gordon are vastly overrated.

Keep them far away from my squad.

LOL! I don't know if they are overrated anymore since their value is about as low as it's ever been but I do find it comical that this comes from someone who believes Shav has a place in the NBA. :-)
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#27 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:48 pm

Also... which set of RFAs would you rather have: Iguodala/Williams or Deng/Gordon????

Last year that would have been a laughable question, this off-season I think it can be legitimately be defended either way. With Williams' game improving and Deng and Gordon taking a step back last year, I think I would give the slight edge to the Sixers.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers