ImageImageImage

Insider: TAYSHAUN FOR ARTEST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Insider: TAYSHAUN FOR ARTEST 

Post#41 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:26 pm

It's not like Ronny Ron's was gonna help out in that front either.

Sacramento probably wanted a high level SF and they essentially got it for free. It's a good move.
PowerElite
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by PowerElite » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:57 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Artest is a GREAT team player?

Do you even know why Indiana wanted to/"had to" trade Ron after being a 19 PPG option for them?

Because he wanted to be the NUMBER ONE guy. Artest will go into Detroit, expecting the same touches that he got in Sacramento and the minute he's revealed to that isolation offense, he's going to pout.

He's a great team player, watch any Kings games lately?

That entire Pacers roster has been turned over.
psykosacul
Head Coach

Post#43 » by psykosacul » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:19 am

three pages because someone claims they got a late night text.

yeah... dumars is gonna trade for the guy that punched his fans in the face. that seems like something he would do.
"get that hippy crap out of here." - the standford standout
Fire BK
Senior

Post#44 » by Fire BK » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:58 am

The Guilty Party wrote:Actually... according to the Sac Bee, this deal wouldn't happen for a few days since Geoff Petrie is going on vacation.

Exactly... The entire NBA is away for the next two weeks, as I mentioned in the FA thread.... Every front office is on vacation right now... They're cleared out.

So perhaps the imminence was misstated..... and this could always fall apart, along with anything else in the world of negotiations.... but this trade definitely has legs.

Here's the deal: Joe Dumars has wanted to make a serious splash this summer, meaning acquire a #1 or #2 option via trade. However, the only two pieces he's using as chips are Chauncey and Tayshaun... These guys are squarely on the block.

Rip is off limits.... HOU wanted Rip for McGrady, therefore it fell apart... Joe D would especially prefer to trade Billups because of Stuckey's emergence.... But Tay got worked by Paul Pierce in the playoffs, and he appears to have possibly peaked as an NBA SF.

Joe D wants to make a move, but he's only interested in 1 or 2 year contracts to maintain flexibility... Max + Amir are signed, and both could be ready to play big minutes soon.... The Pistons are a team in flux.... And the $24m in cap room that this trade would create (Sheed+Artest) is exactly what Joe D can use.... Ultimately, he could just re-sign Artest and Sheed next summer if it all works out.

That's the scoop. The source is very close to the situation in Detroit.... Again, it could all fall through at the 11th hour, and there are certain other factors at play, but these are absolutely discussions between Dumars & Petrie.... Additional fodder: SAC might balk at giving up Francisco Garcia, who's being requested by Joe D as additional consideration....

So it's still not a sealed deal.... The NBA is off in tropical places..... And it could wait all the way until the trade deadline in February.... But this rumor is legit. Cheers.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#45 » by SadKingsFan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:15 am

Oh wow, now that you get attention like most "insiders" you go and break my heart by totally backtracking. Now it may fall apart in the 11th hour? Deal being done is a whole lot different than the deal has legs...WTF we all know that already. :roll:
Fire BK
Senior

Post#46 » by Fire BK » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:21 am

Kevin MartinFan wrote:Oh wow, now that you get attention like most "insiders" you go and break my heart by totally backtracking. Now it may fall apart in the 11th hour? Deal being done is a whole lot different than the deal has legs...WTF we all know that already. :roll:

I stand by my words... Just reporting what I hear.... Not intended for attention whatsoever.

Everything I said is legit.... Talked to him again tonight, and it's all very live.... Pending Garcia as filler.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#47 » by SadKingsFan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 am

Well Detroit better plan on throwing in Maxiell then. Ok MR. Insider, when do you or your buddy think this will be "done".
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#48 » by LongLiveHinkie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:03 am

Sorry, but gotta stick up for my fellow Sixers fan poster here. Don't come in here with the arrogant sarcastic attitude against a fellow Sixer fan. If you think he is a fraud then stop beating the bush and call him a fraud, so when if the deal gets done you can look like a fool.

Then don't turn around and start asking him specifics about the deal.
KingFan4Life24
Sophomore

Post#49 » by KingFan4Life24 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:36 am

Sorry, got to stick up for a fellow Kings fan here. Wasn't our fault this Fire BK comes on the Kings board posting like the deal is done. It's just lame how people can come up with this stuff and tease die-hard fans about who we are getting, and getting rid of (esp. Ron Artest). Proposed trades and saying you have an "insider" is completely different, I love seeing people thinking creating proposed trades. Now if this deal does get done, I will come back and apologize, give the man his props...but from the stuff he's telling the Kings board, he's putting stories from espn, sacbee all together and making this via-text rumor. hopefully im wrong and your right.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#50 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 am

Hold on Sacto fans, it makes sense what he's saying: Detroit has longed for a capable backup 3. And Fransico Garcia has shown tremendous potential. It's interesting to see if the Maloof brothers view getting something in return for Artest to be more valuable then Garcia.

This trade from a finanical standpoint makes sense for Detroit. And it allows them to win now as well. But it really doesn't improve them as signifcantly as everyone proclaims. They might be a win or two better. But I still see the same team.

Pistons trade:
SF Tayshaun Prince
PG Chanucey Billups

Hawks trade:
SF/PF Josh Smith
PG Acie Law.

For Atlanta, they get a similar player in Tayshaun(whether or not he can play the 4 is a different question entirely). Not to mention another NBA Ready PG. Billups and Bibby can be their Ford/Calderon.

For Detroit, they see Stuckey as a guy that can be their potential PG of the future. And to acquire Acie Law as well gives them a nice future there. Josh Smith was one of their targets. And now they get him and his 3 BPG.

Detroit looks like this:
C-Rasheed Wallace/resigned Theo?
PF-Antonio McDyess/Amir Johnson/Jason Maxiell
SF-Josh Smith/Hayes?
SG-Hamilton/Stuckey
PG-Stuckey/Law

The trade didn't address their C position. But it did address their PG and SF position for a long time to come. All Detroit needs now is a back-up SF and hope Samb does indeed develop into a quality C. If not, draft one in next year's class.
Philly_King
Senior

Post#51 » by Philly_King » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Hold on Sacto fans, it makes sense what he's saying: Detroit has longed for a capable backup 3. And Fransico Garcia has shown tremendous potential. It's interesting to see if the Maloof brothers view getting something in return for Artest to be more valuable then Garcia.

This trade from a finanical standpoint makes sense for Detroit. And it allows them to win now as well. But it really doesn't improve them as signifcantly as everyone proclaims. They might be a win or two better. But I still see the same team.

Pistons trade:
SF Tayshaun Prince
PG Chanucey Billups

Hawks trade:
SF/PF Josh Smith
PG Acie Law.

For Atlanta, they get a similar player in Tayshaun(whether or not he can play the 4 is a different question entirely). Not to mention another NBA Ready PG. Billups and Bibby can be their Ford/Calderon.

For Detroit, they see Stuckey as a guy that can be their potential PG of the future. And to acquire Acie Law as well gives them a nice future there. Josh Smith was one of their targets. And now they get him and his 3 BPG.

Detroit looks like this:
C-Rasheed Wallace/resigned Theo?
PF-Antonio McDyess/Amir Johnson/Jason Maxiell
SF-Josh Smith/Hayes?
SG-Hamilton/Stuckey
PG-Stuckey/Law

The trade didn't address their C position. But it did address their PG and SF position for a long time to come. All Detroit needs now is a back-up SF and hope Samb does indeed develop into a quality C. If not, draft one in next year's class.
Wow that trade is literally (Please Use More Appropriate Word). First of all why would ATL trade for a 32yr old Billups with a monster contract when they have Bibby tied up for 15m and are nowhere near contention? Do your math, 15 + 11= 26m tied up on 2 old point guards.
Second, Prince can't play PF so he'd be fighting over minutes with #2 pick Marvin Williams and they'd have no PF. Plus he's 6 years older than Smith.
Third, why do the Hawks feel generous enought to give 1st round pick Law?
Fourth, the trade makes no sense for either side since Atl isn't near contention(trading young for old) and Detroid wants to win now and the trade takes them pretty far out of the picture.
Lastly, to top it all of, the trade would NEVER work due to salaries not being anywhere close to each other and Smith being BYC. Billups is on 11m and Prince on 9m. Smith's contract would be 1/2 due to the BYC so his salary would come at 6.5m whilst Law is on 2m(it wouldn't work even if smith wasn't BYC btw). Heck, Marbury for Kobe would make more sense than this BS seeing as at least the salaries would match.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#52 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:56 pm

First: Cute. Mike Bibby expires. Either this year or next, and if Acie Law is a bust. Atlanta's right back in no PG land. :)

Second: I said that he may not be able to, it's something that came off of my head

Three: Who knows. I just don't think of Acie Law as a good PG. Perhaps he excells as a backup.

Four: This trade doesn't take the Pistons further back then they already were. They would never win an NBA title no matter what they do this off season. It at least makes them younger.

Five: Well gee, I'm not a salary expert.
Philly_King
Senior

Post#53 » by Philly_King » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:First: Cute. Mike Bibby expires. Either this year or next, and if Acie Law is a bust. Atlanta's right back in no PG land. :)

Second: I said that he may not be able to, it's something that came off of my head

Three: Who knows. I just don't think of Acie Law as a good PG. Perhaps he excells as a backup.

Four: This trade doesn't take the Pistons further back then they already were. They would never win an NBA title no matter what they do this off season. It at least makes them younger.

Five: Well gee, I'm not a salary expert.

1. Bibby may expire but he's still due 15m this year. Why load up an extra 11m on an OLD PG meaning you'd have a 15m guy sitting on the bench? PLus you'd be not much better and stuck with this old PG for 4 more years. There's absolutely no way you can spin this off as though it makes sense for ATL. The'd be losing a 22yr old future star, creaing a cap disaster at PG, having a big hole at PF and no starting job for #2 pick Williams.
2. Meh
3. It's too soon to tell but again, there's no reason for ATl to trade young for old.
4. Of course it does. They'd have no SF(Smith is a PF) and no PG(Stuckey probably isn't ready YET). It would be great for them if they wanted to rebuild though. Shedding contracts and starting fresh with Stuckey and Smith.
5. It's not rocket science. You are aware that salaries have to at least be remotely close in a trade right?
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#54 » by The Guilty Party » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:47 pm

If Iguodala's demands get out of control, I really wouldn't be opposed to trying to work a 3-team deal out that send Artest to Detroit, Iguodala to Sacramento, and Prince to Philly. Prince can guard any SG in the league and unlike 'Dala, he does have an outside jumper which would punish teams that double Brand.

I wouldn't do it if Iguodala agrees to a deal similar to what Ellis got but if he's gung-ho about 5 years/$70MIL... I'm looking at alternative moves.

Miller
Prince
Young
Brand
Dalembert
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#55 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:18 pm

I''m locking this because it doesn't look like it's happening. If that changes it could be unlocked

Return to Philadelphia 76ers