ImageImageImage

Kareem Rush??

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ness
Freshman
And1: 6

Kareem Rush?? 

Post#1 » by ness » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:25 pm

Sixers need to find a way of signing kareem rush...he would fit in perfect with our up tempo game. He can be that sf backup behind thad that we need. I just got done watching him on youtube ...I was always a kareem rush fan ...great 3 point shooter ..I hope we sign him...just imagine us on a fast break and rush runs to the corner for 3 ...he would fit perfect.
joelberrocal215
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Kareem Rush?? 

Post#2 » by joelberrocal215 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:44 pm

u think we could get him cheap or since there is no real interest in JR Smith from other teams how much do u think it would cost to get him
is1531
Banned User

Post#3 » by is1531 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Give me Ricky Davis, unless your scared of the man. I like Kareem Rush also, but Davis is the better player. Iggy should replace Young when he goes to the bench, so let Davis replace Iggy when he moves to forward. I can not believe we actually have fans here who actually still like Bobby Jones. If the guy could play, he would still be with Denver. He has no offensive game.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#4 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:48 pm

I'm scared of Ricky Davis the same way i'm scared of Mike James and Stephon Marbury. These guys think they are better than what they really are and it sucks because if these guys ever would just settle into the role of "role player" they would be exceptional fits for any team that is in a win now mode.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#5 » by The Guilty Party » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:55 pm

I think it's much more likely that Rush signs for the minimum than it is that JR Smith or Ricky Davis do. Smith is a RFA and so at worst, he'll take Denver's QO and become a UFA next year.

Davis probably won't get much more than the minimum but I'm sure he'll get $3MIL from some team.
geiger
Banned User

Post#6 » by geiger » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:02 pm

Kareem Rush at SF? Kareem Rush fitting into a system where there is any value placed on defense? Kareem Rush a great 3 point shooter? Better watch less YouTube and more NBA games.

Rush is a classic minimum salary player. We could do worse than adding him for the minimum on a one year contract, but don't get carried away. He's a SG who plays absolutely no defense, can't handle the rock, can't pass, doesn't rebound, can't get in the lane or draw fouls, shoots a very low percentage and is a slightly above average 3 point shooter.
birdzfan
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#7 » by birdzfan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:49 pm

I say make a run at Redick. I think he would be a great situational player who shoots 40% from the arc.
is1531
Banned User

Post#8 » by is1531 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 am

I am scared of guys like James and Marbury too. Ricky Davis will only play the minutes we need to add to our lead or hold the lead in the 2nd and 3rd quarter as a backup player. He hits trays at a 40% clip. Just give the guy 1 year. If he has a great year and he does not want to sign with us next year, who cares. Let's do it until we can find more help with our ist round pick in 2009 and possibly the MLE of possibly a freee agent in letting Miller go at the end of the season. Remember Davis is 6ft 7", so which Celtic guard defends Davis or do the Celtics sign Finley. I think Davis can help the 76ers for 1 year. Remember, in the NBA size does matter, if you have some talent.
is1531
Banned User

Post#9 » by is1531 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:32 am

The Guilty Party wrote:I think it's much more likely that Rush signs for the minimum than it is that JR Smith or Ricky Davis do. Smith is a RFA and so at worst, he'll take Denver's QO and become a UFA next year.

Davis probably won't get much more than the minimum but I'm sure he'll get $3MIL from some team.

Your probably right about the Davis numbers, which in that case makes Rush the man Johnny on the spot. It's a shame! We need one good shooter and the cap stands in our way, but lets not forget if Evans or Green would have had a little trade value, we would not be talking about our 2 guard problem right now. :D :) :lol:
ness
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#10 » by ness » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:01 am

geiger wrote:Kareem Rush at SF? Kareem Rush fitting into a system where there is any value placed on defense? Kareem Rush a great 3 point shooter? Better watch less YouTube and more NBA games.

Rush is a classic minimum salary player. We could do worse than adding him for the minimum on a one year contract, but don't get carried away. He's a SG who plays absolutely no defense, can't handle the rock, can't pass, doesn't rebound, can't get in the lane or draw fouls, shoots a very low percentage and is a slightly above average 3 point shooter.

First of all you act like everybody on our teams a shut down defender...you have to play team defence ..and I watch enough nba games to know hes a hell of alot better 3pt shooter than what we have now. Hes not there to shut people down hes there to shoot and hit the 3 ...so if we got brent barry or mike miller I guess you wouldn't want them cause they don't play defence...shut up with all the percentages thats so misleading cause every 3 point shooter don't take the same amount of shots thats like the year when aaron mckie was leading the league in three point percentage but he did not take that many three so I guess someone like mckie is a better 3 point shooter than rush..you understand what I'm staying..ya'll need to stop with the percentage cause any body that can shoot from the outside will do on our team ...hes not the only guy out there but I'm just saying hes one of the guys that would fit in...I bet if we can get kyle back you will welcome him back with open arms ..kyle the shut down defender..lol get out of here talking stupid like you wouldn't welcomes rush or anybody else that can hit the 3 better then what we got now ..with open arms.
is1531
Banned User

Post#11 » by is1531 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:22 am

ness wrote:Kareem Rush at SF? Kareem Rush fitting into a system where there is any value placed on defense? Kareem Rush a great 3 point shooter? Better watch less YouTube and more NBA games.

First of all you act like everybody on our teams a shut down defender...you have to play team defence ..and I watch enough nba games to know hes a hell of alot better 3pt shooter than what we have now. Hes not there to shut people down hes there to shoot and hit the 3 ...so if we got brent barry or mike miller I guess you wouldn't want them cause they don't play defence...shut up with all the percentages thats so misleading cause every 3 point shooter don't take the same amount of shots thats like the year when aaron mckie was leading the league in three point percentage but he did not take that many three so I guess someone like mckie is a better 3 point shooter than rush..you understand what I'm staying..ya'll need to stop with the percentage cause any body that can shoot from the outside will do on our team ...hes not the only guy out there but I'm just saying hes one of the guys that would fit in...I bet if we can get kyle back you will welcome him back with open arms ..kyle the shut down defender..lol get out of here talking stupid like you wouldn't welcomes rush or anybody else that can hit the 3 better then what we got now ..with open arms.

I agree with you. Since when does every player on the team have to play good defense. This team has defense. We need more offense from the bench, not defense. We are going to carry the lead any many games when the 2nd stringers enter the game. It's enough we have to live with Evans offense. Evans with the hook shot, but it turns out to be a Reggie Evans airball.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#12 » by LongLiveHinkie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:52 am

Rush is a mediocre player, but you aren't going to get studs at the vet minimum. The Kareem Rush's of the world are what you get with the vet minimum.
Special K
Ballboy

Post#13 » by Special K » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Ricky Davis on the sixers sounds as fun as a fart in church imo. No thanks.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#14 » by The Guilty Party » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:54 pm

Special K wrote:Ricky Davis on the sixers sounds as fun as a fart in church imo. No thanks.

Actually... farts in church are comedic gold.
Special K
Ballboy

Post#15 » by Special K » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Not if your sitting next to my grand mother.. Then they are a ticket to a slap in the face
LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Post#16 » by LieCheatSteal » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:33 am

So from me for Kareem Rush. He's a terrible chucker. I think he was waived from the Bobcats for doing just that even though he was amongst one of their leading scorers.

If you're the Sixers want a 3 pt shooting SF/SG, might I recommend Luke Jackson. He's not very athletic but he's a great shooter and plays with a very high basketball IQ. He lost a numbers game with Toronto last year because his skill set is very similar to Anthony Parker and Carlos Delfino. However, in limited minutes with Toronto, he was pretty good and, given the chance under the right environment (not Miami's tanking atmosphere last year), he could succeed. I wouldn't mind the Sixers picking Jackson. He could definitely be signed for the min, even less.
Two years from being two years away.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:01 am

Its Rush signing here..per Eskin
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#18 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:05 am

Since Eskin is reporting a likely signing, we can move discussion to that thread.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=828885

Return to Philadelphia 76ers