ImageImageImage

The SF1976 Draft Thread (Final Update On Page 90)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

mega montana
General Manager
And1: 0

Re: The Official SF1976 off-season thread 

Post#61 » by mega montana » Thu Jun 4, 2009 1:56 am

Gsraider wrote:
sixerfan1976 wrote:Thad and Dalembert in a package they are kicking the tires on if they can get an elite 2 guard.

I kind of hope Stefanski fails here because I think trading Thad will be a big mistake. I also hope that his idea of an elite SG is not B. Gordon or something along those lines. What elite SG can you get by the way? A broken down M. Redd? VC? C'mon.

I just hope that Stefanski doesn't act too aggressively to move Dalembert to make sure his job is secure. One more year and Dalembert goes from untradeable to what should be a very tradeable contract. Why not ressurrect the NO talks for Chandler if you are desperate to boot. Just get Sammy to waive his kicker or have Philly pick it up.

i'm not sure if we have much of a choice, we have to move thad for two reasons (IMO) :

- we NEED to trade sam, he CANNOT return here, he's burned many bridges and i am not sure he will work in the offense. Due to his crap contract, we won't get anything good back, but if we sweeten the deal with a cheap stud, we can get something good back

- i honestly dont know where thad fits into this team with brand and smith coming back. I can't see him getting any PF minutes and he doesnt shoot well enough to share too much floor time with iggy (assuming thad, iggy and brand get major minutes). Just not enough shooters on the floor.

I'd hate lose him too, but our roster is so screwed up right now (and mismatched for the princeton offense) we may have to trade him to fill a hole
Hates the Sixers' brass
mega montana
General Manager

Post#62 » by mega montana » Thu Jun 4, 2009 1:57 am

los gogos wrote:

By attaching Sam's dead weight to Thad you are devaluing what you can get for Thad. Meanwhile, just wait 1 year, and Sam is a huge expiring, and no longer has negative trade value. Why would you want to take out most promising young player and devalue him by using him to help you unload Sam?

I agree here, I don't think I can get excited about Kevin Martin, especially if it means giving up Thad. Martin is good, but I think his head is close to the ceiling, you're not going to get much more out of him. Thad has a world of potential to look forward to. I am not as attached to Speights though. I was disappointed with his focus and toughness in the playoffs, the only time I really saw him play, mind you. Do they teach boxing out anymore at he lower levels of?

i love martin, he's a very efficient scorer

i think he'd be a great fit with our team, but thad and sam is too much for him, IMO
Hates the Sixers' brass
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#63 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jun 4, 2009 2:13 am

Don't tell the Sactown fans that. They had this debate before with us, and they pretty much said Martin is damn near untouchable unless you offer your whole stack of cards.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#64 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 4, 2009 2:31 am

mega montana wrote:
los gogos wrote:

By attaching Sam's dead weight to Thad you are devaluing what you can get for Thad. Meanwhile, just wait 1 year, and Sam is a huge expiring, and no longer has negative trade value. Why would you want to take out most promising young player and devalue him by using him to help you unload Sam?

I agree here, I don't think I can get excited about Kevin Martin, especially if it means giving up Thad. Martin is good, but I think his head is close to the ceiling, you're not going to get much more out of him. Thad has a world of potential to look forward to. I am not as attached to Speights though. I was disappointed with his focus and toughness in the playoffs, the only time I really saw him play, mind you. Do they teach boxing out anymore at he lower levels of?

i love martin, he's a very efficient scorer

i think he'd be a great fit with our team, but thad and sam is too much for him, IMO

:crazy:

People have said that they would trade Young for Ben or Eric Gordon. Martin is better. I'd say that he's close to the same level as Granger.
ryst
Banned User
And1: 506

Post#65 » by ryst » Thu Jun 4, 2009 2:54 am

talk about overated lol

i would take a one on one trade (with Sam as a throw in) of Thad for Martin right now and help Martin pack myself(since i am from CA)

Martin can help this team a lot more then Thad can in the next few years.
los gogos
Ballboy

Post#66 » by los gogos » Thu Jun 4, 2009 4:29 am

hmmm, the only way Thad's potential is outshined by Kevin Martin's ceiling is that we have a logjam at the 4 and we could put Kev at the 2 and keep Iggy at the 3 and concentrate on Brand at the 4. Not feeling that. I would like to hang on the Thad at the 4 slash 3 and work other things out. Martin isn't anything to break the bank on. I might be overvaluing Thad, but so be it.

Martin is an exceptional player on a very bad team, and Sac-town loves him! Just for example, hop over to the Warriors board and look up threads on Monta Vs. Kevin Martin... they seriously overvalue Kevin, in a discussion where we are talking about two totally different players with different skill sets.

I have watched him a bit against the Warriors out here in the Bay, and he is good, but not that good. Nothing that I think would hold up under the pressure of the playoffs, if that is what you are going for. just a gut thing. I would rather do the Sam for J-rich and ride it out.
Philly_King
Senior

Post#67 » by Philly_King » Thu Jun 4, 2009 9:29 am

los gogos wrote:J-rich is very intriguing... I don't know if he is the perfect fit though.

A decent shooter with 3pt range, but not necessarily with knock down consistency.
Doesn't have the handles to drive into the lane at will
Likes to take time off on the defensive end...

not sure if that is what you want to build around considering the contract, but hey! we get rid of Sam and get a very solid 2!

I think Ed should've pulled the trigger on that one last year. We all know Larry Brown liked Dalembert and were determined to have a center last year, so much so that they traded for Diop's God awful contract. Would they have taken Dalembert + Green over Bell and Diaw? Well it IS the Bobcats
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#68 » by Gsraider » Thu Jun 4, 2009 1:50 pm

Obviously, Jordan isn't aware that our board insider mentioned that Young could be included in a deal to move Dalembert. However, while I didn't see the PC, I read quotes from him and recaps from others, plus heard him on Jim Rome's show and he virtually never mentions Young when he talks about his players. All this has served to do is make us all curious if Philly truly does plan to really pursue this.

To me, this is mind boggling. Not only did Young look like an absolute star in the making during that approximately two week run before he hurt his ankle, but he's not even 21 yet. He's also smart, works hard, is coachable, etc. In other words, you better be damn sure before you trade him and like another poster said, why on earth would you devalue him by attaching him to the hip with Dalembert? I still say that moving Dalembert at all costs is short sighted when you consider that he only has 2 years left on his deal. Next year, it's a whole different ballgame, so why panic now? I just hope this isn't about job preservation for Stefanski.
los gogos
Ballboy

Post#69 » by los gogos » Thu Jun 4, 2009 3:24 pm

I agree, in no way whatsoever do you move Thad just to move Daly... just ride it out if it is that bad. I sense something special in Thad, and I think the brass should too.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#70 » by doctor him » Thu Jun 4, 2009 4:17 pm

I think they'd buy Sammy out before truly devaluing Thad as an asset. Hopefully, they are using Thad as the asset and Sammy as the salary to bring home a "$12 million" 2 guard who is actually worth that money.

Who that guy is? I can't fathom.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 4:51 pm

lets not get too upset yet...i still think thad stays..but they will kick the tires thats all. it may be hard to move Sam without some type of incentive included...we want him gone bad.

We wont over Miller over 2 years...the point guard we draft will be expected to take over by that time.

If miller wants more than 2 years..then i think a sign and trade happens
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#72 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jun 4, 2009 4:52 pm

I think that - especially if they are leaning towards giving Brand a healthy dose of PT at the 5 - they should try to move Sammy for an overpaid SG, and as many have said, Richardson seems like the best fit...although the only way that deal happens IMO is if Kerr is smoking crack.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#73 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 5:46 pm

I honestly think they may have to buy out Sammy. I dont see how anyone would want him. The trade kicker hurts......if we get anything for him..it will be real crap that probably doesnt do anything but sit at the end of teh bench. That is of course if we trade him by himself.....I wanted him gone last year...maybe I am more down on him than others.

If Miller goes...I think we play Lou at starting guard along with a shooter...and as EJ said..you dont need a traditional PG..so Lou,shooter,Iggy,Thad,Brand would be your starters with Lawson/Maynor, Green,Smith,Speights and whoever else we add off bench. Ivey and Evans in the mix too.

I think Sammy wont be here..but it may be a buy out.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#74 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Jun 4, 2009 5:52 pm

So they are looking to stay at #17 and pick best PG available between Lawson and Maynor? What if they are both off the board?

And again, what is the backup plan for KK and AP NOT signing here (since there is no evidence that they even want to) ?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#75 » by Foshan » Thu Jun 4, 2009 5:55 pm

hey SF,
on the trade forum alot of fans (of all teams) like a Dally to Utah, ak to Phx, jrich to us? is that too crazy?

also having just read EJ's blogger call about running combo guards, do you think he'd do a S&T for a guy like crawford?
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:03 pm

crawford would be a player of interest in this offense..i dont like him but his skill sets fit what EJ is trying to do.

As for #17...i can almost guarantee that lawson or raynor will be there OR they trade up a spot or two to get one. Of course Flynn, Mills etc..if they come in and work out and wow us..we can alter our wish list..I just know they really like those two right now.

I dont think anyone wants Dalembert....I am serious....we dont..nobody wants him......
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#77 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:33 pm

If Miller doesn't re-sign, I think a sign and trade for Crawford is very possible, and I'd probably actually prefer that we go that route.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:43 pm

You could play Lou Will and Crawford in the backcourt if you go that route.

Lou Will/Lawson/Ivey
Crawford/Green
Brand/Smith/Evans
Dala/????
Young/Speights

Speaking of that ???....we may look into bringing Carney back.....keep hearing Parker, Korver, carney about the free agents
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#79 » by Foshan » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:51 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:Lou Will/Lawson/Ivey
Crawford/Green
Brand/Smith/Evans
Dala/????
Young/Speights

Speaking of that ???....we may look into bringing Carney back.....keep hearing Parker, Korver, carney about the free agents

If we did bring in Crawford I'd think LWill would still be our 6th man, especially if Speights or Smith step it up:

Crawford/Lawson/Ivy
Iggy/LW/Green
Brand / Smith
Young/ (iggy) / ???
Speights / (Young) / Evans
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#80 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:56 pm

Yep. And we should try to get Azubuike too.

Lawson(20), Lou(20), Crawford(8)
Buike(24), Iguodala(10), Crawford(14)
Iguodala(28), Young(20)
Young(16), Brand(20), Speights(12)
Brand(12), Sam(24), Speights(12)

Not bad.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers