Transfer Thread 2022/23

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 857

Re: Transfer Thread 2022/23 

Post#461 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:51 pm

Baphomet wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Huge waste of talent, I think the Spurs 'All or Nothing' highlighted how he can be as a player and it's a shame. He should've been a name we are talking about as one of Englands best midfielders.

He just can't impact football matches anymore. Doesn't make his trademark far post runs, doesn't hold the ball up like he used to, he's just a passenger. He had 70 goals from midfield before he'd even turned 23. Staggering how it can go so bad so quickly.

I wonder what it is, if its mental or he just doesn't care anymore. I didn't think he'd go to Turkey, seemed like an italian club would be in for him
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#462 » by HIF » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:49 am

Him and Lingard got too much acclaim too young and were badly managed. They believed in the hype and lived it. Lingard then didn't get played and should have insisted on leaving but he wanted the money. Alli, looks fat and slow. Both wasted talents and tbh a couple of Chelsea's young English players and a couple of ManU's are the same. The spoilt generation were spoiled.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#463 » by HIF » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:59 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Initially, a few weeks ago, I thought this was rubbish. We had brought him from France, he'd had a good first season and we'd taken him to our hearts, then after a great pre-season he got the bad injury and missed almost the entire season. He worked hard to get back and thanked Leicester for the excellent care and facilities, he told us how much he loved the club and the fans and how he was going to repay us. He got a payrise and a 5 year contract. Now we hear that he wants to go. Leicester have said he can but have stated the price. Chelsea ought to just pay it and allow us all to move on.

He will be a very good player but he's still got plenty to learn, which he will, but he'd have been better off learning that with us as opposed to going into the pressure pot of Chelsea's team where his every mistake will be magnified (and he still makes plenty of them). If he'd have stayed with us 1 or 2 years he'd have got the Spanish giants or PSG signing him.

To be honest I now want him sold - 100m for me but I understand it'll probably be £85m. I want it done quickly so we can re-invest in other young talent, 2 CBs and a RW at least. I'd be happy to include Hudson Odoi in the transfer (and would have liked Colwill). Disloyal players can just go. Tielemans too I hope.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,623

Post#464 » by Baphomet » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:46 pm

Looks like Casemiro to United is happening.

While he was clearly world class and one of the best DMs on the planet in his prime, you have to wonder if the reported 60m euros is a bit of an overpay for a 30 year old. Regardless, it's not my money, and Man United have desperately needed a proper DM for years and this should finally spell the end of the bafflingly omnipresent McFred duo. He's always a difference maker whenever I watch him, so he'll undoubtedly make United better, not that they could get much worse.

The best transfer for United right now would be the Glazers selling the club.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#465 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:36 pm

Baphomet wrote:Looks like Casemiro to United is happening.

While he was clearly world class and one of the best DMs on the planet in his prime, you have to wonder if the reported 60m euros is a bit of an overpay for a 30 year old. Regardless, it's not my money, and Man United have desperately needed a proper DM for years and this should finally spell the end of the bafflingly omnipresent McFred duo. He's always a difference maker whenever I watch him, so he'll undoubtedly make United better, not that they could get much worse.

The best transfer for United right now would be the Glazers selling the club.

I think it's a decent signing for them, he won't regress too much because he never relied on his pace for his game. However there's a decent chance he could see it as his last big pay day, he has won so much and he might not be as motivated by success. I find it strange that they let Pogba go, when in fact Pogba is the perfect midfielder to pair with Casemiro.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#466 » by LDNMagic90 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:52 pm

One guy I know who has ties to transfers said last week Liverpool sent Villa an enquiry about Jacob Ramsey but won’t pursuit because we want over 70 mill for him.
HIF
RealGM

Post#467 » by HIF » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:12 am

So have you got Sarr? Nice player.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#468 » by LDNMagic90 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:13 pm

HIF wrote:So have you got Sarr? Nice player.

Good player just not sure what the plan is here, unless Gerrard has realised our lack of depth but we got so many problems right now.

He does address our lack of pace though which is good, but for another transfer window we still need a better '8'.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#469 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:22 am

LOL what a bloody mess, so all of these journalist said the deal was done. Then during the night, there's rumours the deal is off and now this morning our head of comms for Villa confirmed that Sarr never came for a medical at all lol.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#470 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:08 am

So rumours online say that Leicester will target Tapsoba from Leverkusen or Badiashile from Monaco if they sell Fofana. Very good replacements for him I think
HIF
RealGM

Post#471 » by HIF » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:20 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:So rumours online say that Leicester will target Tapsoba from Leverkusen or Badiashile from Monaco if they sell Fofana. Very good replacements for him I think

There are a zillion rumours online about who we'll target.

First of all Chelsea need to pay the fee well in advance of the deadline. They've been told the price is £80m+, they made 2 derisory bids then took a couple of weeks to offer £60M (plus 10 in ungettable add-ons) yesterday. Immediately rejected. They need to decide if they want him or not and then pay the fee.

I think I'd prefer a deal where we get cash +CHO + Chalobah and then I'd buy Diallo. Tielemans can go to Arsenal too and Soumaré to France/Palace andwe can use their money to further freshen.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#472 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:13 pm

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:So rumours online say that Leicester will target Tapsoba from Leverkusen or Badiashile from Monaco if they sell Fofana. Very good replacements for him I think

First of all Chelsea need to pay the fee well in advance of the deadline. They've been told the price is £80m+, they made 2 derisory bids then took a couple of weeks to offer £60M (plus 10 in ungettable add-ons) yesterday. Immediately rejected. They need to decide if they want him or not and then pay the fee.

I think I'd prefer a deal where we get cash +CHO + Chalobah and then I'd buy Diallo. Tielemans can go to Arsenal too and Soumaré to France/Palace andwe can use their money to further freshen.

I think CHO rejected two offers from the PL to go to Leverkusen. Chalobah wouldn't be a bad shout either, but you guys hold all the cards lets see how desperate Chelsea are. If they can offer £60 mill for Gordon I'm sure they can improve the offer for Fofana
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Post#473 » by Shaazzam » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:19 pm

So I haven't watched much footie the last couple years... is Casemiro the stud that United needs? I know someone mentioned before that he would have been perfect with Pogba (fack, he was so good at unleashing our greyhounds, without turning the ball over so much... **** Bruno).

Hopefully with Varane, Martinez and Casemiro as our central... i don't know the phrase to use in footie, not spine, but hub maybe? we can solidify that part of the park and build out from there.

Is Casemiro a Makalele-like destroyer? Can he distribute like Carrick? Any insights into his game or good links are appreciated.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
HIF
RealGM

Post#474 » by HIF » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:22 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:

I think CHO rejected two offers from the PL to go to Leverkusen. Chalobah wouldn't be a bad shout either, but you guys hold all the cards lets see how desperate Chelsea are. If they can offer £60 mill for Gordon I'm sure they can improve the offer for Fofana

Yeah, £60m for Gordon :roll:

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#475 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:31 pm

Shaazzam wrote:So I haven't watched much footie the last couple years... is Casemiro the stud that United needs? I know someone mentioned before that he would have been perfect with Pogba (fack, he was so good at unleashing our greyhounds, without turning the ball over so much... **** Bruno).

Hopefully with Varane, Martinez and Casemiro as our central... i don't know the phrase to use in footie, not spine, but hub maybe? we can solidify that part of the park and build out from there.

Is Casemiro a Makalele-like destroyer? Can he distribute like Carrick? Any insights into his game or good links are appreciated.

We'd use spine/core as well mainly the former though.

Casemiro is potentially a very good signing for united right now, he will probably be decent for the next 3 years. He doesn't heavily rely on athleticism and he would be a good holding player, United have lacked a good one for a few seasons now. Yeah I mentioned he would be the perfect DM to compliment Pogba, Casemiro is a decent passer of the ball and more than capable of being a destroyer as well.

You should watch this clip of him lol

He's been one of my favourite DM's for a few years now
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#476 » by Shaazzam » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:38 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:So I haven't watched much footie the last couple years... is Casemiro the stud that United needs? I know someone mentioned before that he would have been perfect with Pogba (fack, he was so good at unleashing our greyhounds, without turning the ball over so much... **** Bruno).

Casemiro is potentially a very good signing for united right now, he will probably be decent for the next 3 years. He doesn't heavily rely on athleticism and he would be a good holding player, United have lacked a good one for a few seasons now. Yeah I mentioned he would be the perfect DM to compliment Pogba, Casemiro is a decent passer of the ball and more than capable of being a destroyer as well.

Thanks for the clip and the insight. He's **** enormous, don't see that build too much in football players. He's built like a fire hydrant.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#477 » by LDNMagic90 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:56 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Thanks for the clip and the insight. He's **** enormous, don't see that build too much in football players. He's built like a fire hydrant.

No worries!

Yeah he's a complete tank, not many are winning duels against him lol. I still think Utd need another CM but having Eriksen in the midfield with Casemiro is a good start. Milinkovic-Savic would be the perfect midfielder to compliment the both of them.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#478 » by Baphomet » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:30 pm

Casemiro is an amazing player. I think some have wondered why Madrid are moving him on if he's so good, but there are a few reasons for that. They have Camavinga and Tchouameni coming through which might limit his time on the pitch, and this is probably the most money they were going to get for him considering he's just hit his 30s. Madrid can maximise the fee, hand the reins over to Camavinga, and Casemiro can continue to be a nailed on starter. United get their DM.

It's a lot of money, but when you consider the nonsense being paid for Gibbs-White and Gordon, it isn't really that bad for a player of his quality.

Did you guys see him come over to meet Roy Keane and shake his hand? That felt like an epic moment.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#479 » by Shaazzam » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:30 pm

Baphomet wrote:Casemiro is an amazing player. I think some have wondered why Madrid are moving him on if he's so good, but there are a few reasons for that. They have Camavinga and Tchouameni coming through which might limit his time on the pitch, and this is probably the most money they were going to get for him considering he's just hit his 30s. Madrid can maximise the fee, hand the reins over to Camavinga, and Casemiro can continue to be a nailed on starter. United get their DM.

It's a lot of money, but when you consider the nonsense being paid for Gibbs-White and Gordon, it isn't really that bad for a player of his quality.

Did you guys see him come over to meet Roy Keane and shake his hand? That felt like an epic moment.

I did not. :( But just watched it now. Damn, if you're getting that kind of warm reaction from Keano, wowsers. And you know Keane was letting him know what's expected, in less than 100 words.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#480 » by Baphomet » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:37 pm

So, Antony. Is this guy actually any good? I can't say I've seen him play much.

Is he destined to become another Man United albatross signing? £85m is a lot of money.

Return to The General Soccer Board