Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1561 » by aggerrard » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Cheers!

Great W. United lucky to get away with a 2-0 defeat. Should have been 3/4-0 atleast. YNWA.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#1562 » by andyhop » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:34 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
The record we got today seemed like a bunch of nonsense. Something about 21 games into the season.

Its a bit arbitrary but having the best start in the history of any of the big 5 leagues is still meaningful , if only to just show the level the team is playing at so far.

I wonder if going to likely win the league so early will affect the chance of an unbeaten season, might be hard to keep up the effort and level of play in "meaningless" games .
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#1563 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:01 am

andyhop wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
The record we got today seemed like a bunch of nonsense. Something about 21 games into the season.

Its a bit arbitrary but having the best start in the history of any of the big 5 leagues is still meaningful , if only to just show the level the team is playing at so far.

I wonder if going to likely win the league so early will affect the chance of an unbeaten season, might be hard to keep up the effort and level of play in "meaningless" games .

It's funny....going unbeaten would, of course, be really cool, but it's not even on my radar. I just want the title. Our last few games of the season include Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle. If we're still unbeaten at that point....I'll get really into it.

Your prob right about the stat though. These things show the level we're playing at, and as a squad it must feel nice to earn some check-marks along the way. I guess I'm so focused on the Prem, I'll have to look back after it's all done, and really appreciate the run we're on. I'm sure it will be a nice summer to reflect on accomplishments for the squad. They will have a breather, and alot of what's happened since last summer will get to sink in. This has definitely been a fun year to be a Liverpool fan, no doubt.
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1564 » by aggerrard » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:54 pm

Plane to Manchester and hotel booked in Liverpool from the 17th to the 20th of May. Hopefully to celebrate the league titel in the City and maybe we'll see a parade :lol:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1565 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:15 am

aggerrard wrote:Plane to Manchester and hotel booked in Liverpool from the 17th to the 20th of May. Hopefully to celebrate the league titel in the City and maybe we'll see a parade :lol:

Too cool....congrats! That aughta be crazy there!
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1566 » by aggerrard » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:10 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
aggerrard wrote:Plane to Manchester and hotel booked in Liverpool from the 17th to the 20th of May. Hopefully to celebrate the league titel in the City and maybe we'll see a parade :lol:

Yeah, hopefully - gotta win the titel first :lol:. I've been at Anfield two times, but i haven't experienced the atmosphere in the city after (potentially) winning a big trophy. So fingers crossed for a victory parade one of the days i'm in the city. 750.000 last year when we won the CL, can only imagine it will get even bigger with the Prem.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#1567 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:40 am

aggerrard wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:

Yeah, hopefully - gotta win the titel first :lol:.

**** happens when you least expect it! :wink:

I've learned this sometimes even quite harshly when it comes to my sports fandom.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1568 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:10 am

We just won a huge game. And it was on the road. It ends a spell of 'dificult' teams. I dunno...I honestly figured we'd drop a game or so in Dec, and figured we'd lose some points for sure in Jan. But we just rolled through.

Just keep truckin. It's not mathematically over...but it's getting there.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1569 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:13 am

Cactus Jack wrote:**** happens when you least expect it! :wink:

I've learned this sometimes even quite harshly when it comes to my sports fandom.

It's too true. The team needs to just keep the focus it's had. Looks like we may have an issue with Mane for a spell. Luckily, we just wrapped up a run of games against top opponents, and we will be feasting on lower teams for 2 months. Not that we can overlook them, but if there was gonna be a time for Mane to sit out for a few games....its now.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1570 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:35 am

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1571 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:30 am

As hard as it's been to think about footy today...what the hell?? More than anything else, I'm just annoyed we have to cram yet another game into our schedule. Cool for the Shrewsbury squad (Sounds like some Harry Potter BS). Prob some partying going on tonight after holding 'the great Liverpool' today. The one thing I do like about the FA cup.

But holy hell, we didn't need another game. Today was not my day, what can I say.

Westham on Wed. Life moves on.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1572 » by HIF » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:34 am

you should have played better players or not lost a 2 goal lead, then you wouldn't have another game.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1573 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:18 pm

HIF wrote:you should have played better players or not lost a 2 goal lead, then you wouldn't have another game.

No sh*t
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1574 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:14 pm

aggerrard wrote:
HIF wrote:you should have played better players or not lost a 2 goal lead, then you wouldn't have another game.

No sh*t

danfantastk32 wrote:As hard as it's been to think about footy today...what the hell?? More than anything else, I'm just annoyed we have to cram yet another game into our schedule. Cool for the Shrewsbury squad (Sounds like some Harry Potter BS). Prob some partying going on tonight after holding 'the great Liverpool' today. The one thing I do like about the FA cup.

But holy hell, we didn't need another game.

Not a big deal. It's another opportunity for the kids to play. Good for them.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said no first-team players will be involved in their FA Cup fourth-round replay with third-tier Shrewsbury Town next month because it clashes with his side's Premier League winter break.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1575 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:11 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:As hard as it's been to think about footy today...what the hell?? More than anything else, I'm just annoyed we have to cram yet another game into our schedule. Cool for the Shrewsbury squad (Sounds like some Harry Potter BS). Prob some partying going on tonight after holding 'the great Liverpool' today. The one thing I do like about the FA cup.

Mr Sunny-day over here! =0)

Your right though. Klopp said he's throwing out the kids, and so good for them. Shrewsbury gets to go play at Anfield....so it's a massive win for them, no matter the outcome.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1576 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:28 am

Gotta say: I'm liking this new "get off my lawn" Klopp I've seen this season. The guy is getting it.....screw all these games, man! Send the young guys....I love it.

While I'm ranting...I read somewhere that Coutinho was interested in a return to Anfield, but that Liverpool passed on it. I was really bummed when he left, and I think the guy is super talented. But he straight up FORCED his way out. So go to the arms of your new man....don't come showing up at our door at midnight dripping from the rain.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1577 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:34 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Mr Sunny-day over here! =0)

I forgot what that was like. Haven't seen the Sun here in a couple of months. :wink:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1578 » by HIF » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:51 pm

The FA Cup started in 1871 and has always had replays but Klopp doesn't want that. Why? Because his team play too many games.

Does Klopp realise that the FA Cup is for every team in the football association not just for Liverpool? Will Klopp be putting the kids out to play in the Champion's league when they add another 4 games to the schedule ?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1579 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:16 pm

HIF wrote:The FA Cup started in 1871 and has always had replays but Klopp doesn't want that. Why? Because his team play too many games.

Does Klopp realise that the FA Cup is for every team in the football association not just for Liverpool? Will Klopp be putting the kids out to play in the Champion's league when they add another 4 games to the schedule ?

Why are you so bothered by it? It's a meaningless Cup competition for some of us.

If one of your primary goals is to win the FA Cup, then that's fine. But that's a small club mentality imo. Some of us strive for bigger & better things in life. I'm not someone who will settle for 2nd place.#MambaLife :wink:
aggerrard
Sixth Man

Post#1580 » by aggerrard » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:29 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Gotta say: I'm liking this new "get off my lawn" Klopp I've seen this season. The guy is getting it.....screw all these games, man! Send the young guys....I love it.

While I'm ranting...I read somewhere that Coutinho was interested in a return to Anfield, but that Liverpool passed on it. I was really bummed when he left, and I think the guy is super talented. But he straight up FORCED his way out. So go to the arms of your new man....don't come showing up at our door at midnight dripping from the rain.

I'd love a player of Coutinho's qualities in the club - but ofc it's tough with the way he leaved the club. I don't know how reliable the sources are, but most of these rumours are no more than a good story. If Barca really offered us Coutinho and Klopp turned it down, then end of that story. I wouldn't mind if we brought him back way cheaper than what we got for him - we all make mistakes. I think Coutinho is a player the fans can learn to appreciate again but it will take time. But i can also understand if Klopps and Edwards are looking somewhere else.

Return to The General Soccer Board